Motorcycle get high emission than car.

Thanks. :D

Yes most cat in the front area, but how do you place that on motorcycle? You have limitations to where it can go.

I am not a motorcycle mechanic...I don't smog the motorcycles. Maybe I need more time to research the motorcycles and cat converters later. Maybe Jiro know...:dunno:

The Highlander, your right, its on mythbuster already proved that motorcycle is worse with emission than cars. It's fact, and I was surprised too.

I think there is reason behind this, first no cat system on most bikes, second the chemical (Fuel) changes during combustion may be different on motorcycle than cars. Don't shoot me, I have limited understand how this whatever you call it, works.

Other factor is that generally motorcycles can't carry much like cars can, which makes it more efficient on cars than motorcycle. Lastly, when it comes to motorcycle.... Aerodynamic which motorcycle generally lacks.

And other reason is the motorcycles doesn't have computer controllers.

here ya go, highlander.

2vnh0ki.gif

Bingo, I am right about the cat converter's location. 01-Catalyzer/Rear Silencer cost $862.95 for the bike? :shock: Same price as car's cat converter..

The pix in OP, states " EMISSION PER MILE" is not mpg. This pic is talking about grams per mile (g/mi), that measure the amount of the emissions (HC,CO,CO2 and NOx) emits from the tailpipe(s) while the vehicle/motorcycle travels one mile on the road.

Makes sense, definitely give and take, but I'll take the savings from gas and maintenance, over fractionally different emissions.

The cat is in the muffler on my bike so when the exhaust is changed the emissions jump.

The Highlander, your right, its on mythbuster already proved that motorcycle is worse with emission than cars. It's fact, and I was surprised too.

I think there is reason behind this, first no cat system on most bikes, second the chemical (Fuel) changes during combustion may be different on motorcycle than cars. Don't shoot me, I have limited understand how this whatever you call it, works.

Other factor is that generally motorcycles can't carry much like cars can, which makes it more efficient on cars than motorcycle. Lastly, when it comes to motorcycle.... Aerodynamic which motorcycle generally lacks.

That's right it's on Mythbuster and Aerodynamic help the MPG a lot but emission, a little or almost same.

oh I'm not surprised that motorcycle has worse emission than car. it makes sense. so does lawn mower, dirt bike, etc.

at least it doesn't consume much gas so it's a give or take.

Because most tiny motors like chainsaw, trimmer weed, lawn mower, earth augeretc are two-cycle engine and it is WORSE emission than four-cycles. The two-cycle use gasoline-oil mixture as 50/50 and very light weight and easy repair than four-cycles. You motorcycle is four-cycles.

And other reason is the motorcycles doesn't have computer controllers.

My friend own 2007 Yamaha dirt motorcycle and it does have computer and no battery need. *Kick gear to start engine whatever it's calls*

Harley Davidson 2012 ElectraGlide Ultra Classic have catalyst converter. I guess one of few motorcycles have em.

Catty

That's right it's on Mythbuster and Aerodynamic help the MPG a lot but emission, a little or almost same.

Because most tiny motors like chainsaw, trimmer weed, lawn mower, earth augeretc are two-cycle engine and it is WORSE emission than four-cycles. The two-cycle use gasoline-oil mixture as 50/50 and very light weight and easy repair than four-cycles. You motorcycle is four-cycles.

My friend own 2007 Yamaha dirt motorcycle and it does have computer and no battery need. *Kick gear to start engine whatever it's calls*

50/50 mix? Sounds too much oil in gas, emits lot of white smoke... The typical mix ratios for small 2 stroke engines is 30:1 to 50:1. I used to mixing oil/gas about 50:1 mix ratio to refueling my favorite LawnBoy 21 inch rotary mower in many years ago. I love powerful small 2 stroke engine and too lightweight and easy cut tally grass. But my LawnBoy was dead cuz my little brother refueled straight gas, seized piston.

Yeah, I believe he means 50 to 1 not 50/50. Because if doing 50/50 then there won't be much power and too much oil in cylinder resulting no firing.

50/50 mix? Sounds too much oil in gas, emits lot of white smoke... The typical mix ratios for small 2 stroke engines is 30:1 to 50:1. I used to mixing oil/gas about 50:1 mix ratio to refueling my favorite LawnBoy 21 inch rotary mower in many years ago. I love powerful small 2 stroke engine and too lightweight and easy cut tally grass. But my LawnBoy was dead cuz my little brother refueled straight gas, seized piston.

Yeah, I believe he means 50 to 1 not 50/50. Because if doing 50/50 then there won't be much power and too much oil in cylinder resulting no firing.

Oop, I should not type during i was sleepy last night. Yeah. I mean 50:1 mix ratio.

Oop, I should not type during i was sleepy last night. Yeah. I mean 50:1 mix ratio.

At Chevron station near beach, where I used to working there for about 5 years, the female cashier asked me, do we have 2 stroke oil? I replied her yes, we have them. I grab the case of 2 stroke oil. She sold it to a female motorist, she walk toward her moped bike. I saw her to pouring a 2 stroke oil in a small tank all way, empty container then she refueled in another gas tank. She moped away. I wonder there is automatic mixture ratio.... Anyone have see it before. Maybe I wrong?

At Chevron station near beach, where I used to working there for about 5 years, the female cashier asked me, do we have 2 stroke oil? I replied her yes, we have them. I grab the case of 2 stroke oil. She sold it to a female motorist, she walk toward her moped bike. I saw her to pouring a 2 stroke oil in a small tank all way, empty container then she refueled in another gas tank. She moped away. I wonder there is automatic mixture ratio.... Anyone have see it before. Maybe I wrong?
I think it does not mix oil/gas and works like car engine. Better emissions that way.

Back