Votes: 5 12.5%
  • TAX, spend bore me

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • OTHER, tell me and rant more

Votes: 12 30.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all talking about AC. Now, what about water and gatorade? Drink a lot of water and Gatorade. I usually work outside with 100 F for summer. Of course, when I'm done from work with 100 F, I was a little bit exhausted. lol But water could save your life without AC. I think.....Correct me if I'm mistake. A lot of people in Texas owned the AC. Cause Texas gets hot in summer.

There are two separate issues on Global Warming. Scientists still officially do not have the proof what caused the Global Warming. There are numerous of theories came up by the scientists all over world what started the global warming. There is an excellent source directly from Popular Science Magazine. Some believe that Global Warming is natural. Others believe Global Warming is man-made.

Scientists have numerous of reports that the snow on MARS is melting rapidly, too. There are numerous of excellent sources from Space.com and the Journal Science. Space.com have pictures from Mars to compare them from the past and the present. It was completely different.

I would recommend the book, The Little Ice Age: How Climate Made History, 1300-1850 was written by the author, Brian M. Fagan that will give you some ides how the Little Ice Age shaped the cultures, the society, the wars, the black death, and the famines. The Medieval Warm Period or Medieval Climate Optimum was a time of unusually warm climate, lasting from about the 10 century to about the 14th century. The book was very interesting.

I voted for education I think it is very imporant for all of us.. to have that as I do... because its the best for the kids to leaning in educaton that was all...

and---- um for same sex ereal...

There are two separate issues on Global Warming. Scientists still officially do not have the proof what caused the Global Warming. There are numerous of theories came up by the scientists all over world what started the global warming. There is an excellent source directly from Popular Science Magazine. Some believe that Global Warming is natural. Others believe Global Warming is man-made.

Scientists have numerous of reports that the snow on MARS is melting rapidly, too. There are numerous of excellent sources from Space.com and the Journal Science. Space.com have pictures from Mars to compare them from the past and the present. It was completely different.

I would recommend the book, The Little Ice Age: How Climate Made History, 1300-1850 was written by the author, Brian M. Fagan that will give you some ides how the Little Ice Age shaped the cultures, the society, the wars, the black death, and the famines. The Medieval Warm Period or Medieval Climate Optimum was a time of unusually warm climate, lasting from about the 10 century to about the 14th century. The book was very interesting.

:gpost: Exactly!

Well, I disagree that AC save lives. It can affect your health...

I don´t have any AC in my house but every roller shutters. I'm glad to have roller-shutters. It protect our rooms cool when the hot weather comes and it also protect our rooms warm when the cold weather comes.

I remember heat waves in Europe. Thousand of French were being killed through heat waves because they can´t afford to have AC to keep their room cool due electricity expenses. Germans advised them to use roller-shutter to help their rooms cool... 90% of Germans included us own roller-shutters for every window and terrace doors... During heat waves, we stayed in house to keep cool ourselves.. (I never forget, it was 108 degree at that time in 2003 - thanks to roller-shutters).

That's true about some people are allergy to AC, also AC can cause more dust in house or apt.

We really need the AC in the Southeast. It not only cools the air, it also removes the humidity. The humidity is the worst thing about summer here.

I'm curious; if the shutters block out the sun, don't they make the rooms dark? Also, if they're closed during the day (I assume they are if you are keeping out the summer sun), how do you enjoy the outdoor views? I ask the questions because I've never seen them in anyone's houses here, so I don't know what they're like. I've seen the websites and pictures but that's not the same as personal experience. Hubby saw them when he was in Germany, and I know they're popular in Europe but not many people is the USA have them yet.

I would like to have roller shutters for hurricane protection but not the rest of the time.

Yes, that was awful. Many elderly French died because their caretakers and medical staffs were on long vacations, and didn't want to work. Very sad. :(

What was the temperature indoors with the shutters?

I'm sure that in Germany has humidity but not know about worse or not.

Shutters does block the sun, of course but you have use lamp or light in room, also shutters is more efficient than curtains and prevent any heat infested in house.

I had seen that ceratin of houses in CA are using shutters, also there's several in Chicago area, it was owner's decide to install or not.

i accually wanted to vote both TAX and illegal Immagration

if the taxes goes up. the problem can happen. for example higher property tax (i know its under county) can cause more foreclosures, I'm aware and i agree with the riches.. the riches pay a hefty large loads of taxes.. even if they increase 1% it will hurt them even more. for example if a person earns 1 million dollars a year.. and it increase by 1% for tax bracket then their income taxes for federal alone will increase to $10,000 a year.. plus then they have to pay state, and city(if there's one) $10,000 hurts them because they work hard to earn that money.

yeah i know it seems like $10,000 is nothing to them but its something we need to think about their income. not that they only pay federal taxes. they also pay state, city(*if theres one) social security tax, medicare tax (if there's one)

i believe 1 million is on 35% or 38% bracket.. so if it is 35% bracket then their federal income tax is $350,000... this is a big money and a huge loss for them. which left them $650,000 for state, (city), social security, (medicad) taxes.. all states and city are different on those tax but social security can be different depends on if you own a business you pay more social security tax than working with a company that pays half of ur social security tax.

**** now for illegal immargations...
I have a HUGE concern with those. myself lived in a small town in minnesota, Willmar, mn and worked at wal-mart there.
they have a huge mexican population there because the company Jennie-o (a turkey company) hires them.. and yes they pay them good.
some of them are Illegal immaragion. and works there still and been paid good.
some companies there give cash only. and they don't pay taxes

anyway as working at wal-mart.. many of those mexicans are sending their money such as $300 every week, month to mexico through wire transfers.
and yeah some of them can't speak english, even some of them don't have drivers license and they still drive. just because they can't get drivers license due to non-us citizen. other factor.. illegal immargations is a big gain for some companies because they can be glad and pay them lower than the min-wage such as $4 a hour... which is a harm to the country. they're really willing to work for $4 a hour. keep in mind.. if companies pay that much.. they won't enter in their system for government to see.. because paying below min-wage is illegal. means they're not paying tax.

other thing that worries me is they damage our nature, damage our repuption(sp?), damage our neighboors.

the more i see them move in the more the neighboors looks bad with all the littering, not keeping their home nice, etc etc. this is one of the main reasons why i moved out that town because it is losing my value of my home even i'm trying to keep it looking nice while the others are keeping it ugly and not well maintain.

and the more illegal immaragations are mexicans, cubas. they can simply walk and walk miles to go into u.s. border instead of using a street. and WE don't know WHO they are.. what if they're MURDERS, what if they're THEIFS, what if they are HURTING us. you can't predict what will happen.

and the more they come.. the more they try to become us citizen then use ur tax dollars to help them with their (low income) it will hurt us too as well.

and the unemployee rate will go up once more they come and get a job.. left us looking harder.

one more thing i want to say and i know its long....
many countries are having restriction while we don't have it for any immargations. and i'm glad BUSH is acting this up faster now than ever before. we don't need to see the US get so crowded just like china.. i want the nature to be green, to have plenty of forest, to have plenty of farmland, to have plenty of green meadows, plains, and water. they are ruining it and they are hurting us, they are damaging our country's encominic(sp?)

again sorry for a long post.. just express my feelings

I had found about few mistake, also more than 90% of illegal immigrant are Mexicans but Cubans are in small percent because they already cut alot of illegal immigrants in Miami in long time ago, also there's numerous of guards on near to Cuba and probably in coastal of Southern Florida to protect any future illegal immigrants to get in.

You would see about what happen in certain area in CA, such as some part in San Bernardino Country, like central of Fontana looks SOOO horrible with numerous of houses are not maintain so well and filled the junky stuff in backyard, looks so gritty but... it was used to be nice in before 80's or 90's when white (non-hispanic) are jetted from area to new area, that more further. Alot of this area is filled with numerous of illegal immigrants, that what I found from my friend.

We really need the AC in the Southeast. It not only cools the air, it also removes the humidity. The humidity is the worst thing about summer here.

I'm curious; if the shutters block out the sun, don't they make the rooms dark? Also, if they're closed during the day (I assume they are if you are keeping out the summer sun), how do you enjoy the outdoor views? I ask the questions because I've never seen them in anyone's houses here, so I don't know what they're like. I've seen the websites and pictures but that's not the same as personal experience. Hubby saw them when he was in Germany, and I know they're popular in Europe but not many people is the USA have them yet.

I would like to have roller shutters for hurricane protection but not the rest of the time.

Yes, that was awful. Many elderly French died because their caretakers and medical staffs were on long vacations, and didn't want to work. Very sad. :(

Sorry, I didn't see your post until today. I don't want you think I ignore your post. I will answer your post tonight. (I have to leave office few minutes for go home and then go fitness studio with my son).

Yes I understand and agree with you about those humidity. I will explain you about this tonight and answer your question about roller shutters.

it's their responsible to add specs filter in AC.

No, not always...

You can ask Sxyporkie via PM or I can ask her about allergy to AC.

She's allergy to AC but can't do thing except for using fan.

Sorry, I didn't see your post until today. I don't want you think I ignore your post. I will answer your post tonight. (I have to leave office few minutes for go home and then go fitness studio with my son).

Yes I understand and agree with you about those humidity. I will explain you about this tonight and answer your question about roller shutters.
I understand. :ty:

Yes I can understand that humidity is definitely sucker but AC doesn´t solve anything. I have it in the office... Really sucker! I use my own hand-fan... I am really glad when I go home to cool myself...

It help to reduce your comfortable feeling against humidity is wear light cotton clothes, drink plenty of water, have hot showers then it will cool you down afterward.

Never open the windows and open during hot weather... Shut all the doors and windows to keep inside rooms cooler... Close the curtains to prevent heat thru your rooms but roller shutters are the best. It helps to reduce our rooms to cool.

Open the windows to fresh air in early of morning until you judge the weather... when you feel the hot weather comes soon then shut the windows and doors and close the blinds, curtain or shutters. I compared the curtains where my Dad have with shutters and has to honest with you that shutters are the best and have strong reduce room temperatures.

No, you do not need to make the rooms dark when you shut the windows with roller shutter... I am not very good with description but I hope those pictures show you the example what I am talking about. You can see many holes at roller shutters... it does bright your rooms then you do not need to turn the lights on.
http://www.alldeaf.com/592737-post29.html

Roll Shutter Systems Exterior Rolling

Roll Shutter Systems Exterior Rolling

it helps to bright the rooms but important to keep the rooms cooler.

If you want to enjoy the outdoor view then you can stay at the garden under the shade with help from garden umbrella or whatever.

I hope those links will help to see the sense either shutters are necassary for your house or not and check with company... Good Luck.

I only know there´re short staffs at health services to handle toooo many people including many elderly who were left home alone while their families went on vacation.

See above.

During hot summer, it reduces strong when you shut all the windows and door and "loose" close the shutters before the hot weather comes.

Depend on difference temperatures... Example: 103 degree at outside and inside between 70 and 80 or less.

During winter time, it make rooms warmer and save heaters when we shut the shutters. (I only do that at evenings).

Yes I can understand that humidity is definitely sucker but AC doesn´t solve anything. I have it in the office... Really sucker! I use my own hand-fan... I am really glad when I go home to cool myself...
I'm sorry the AC at your office doesn't work. I know it's harder to do your job if the environment is uncomfortable. I hope then can fix it soon. :)

It help to reduce your comfortable feeling against humidity is wear light cotton clothes, drink plenty of water, have hot showers then it will cool you down afterward.
Terps wear black at work; not so cool. :P

At home, I dress very casually. Indoors I'm comfortable but when I do yard work outside I sweat soaking wet. I drink lots of water all day, every day.

A hot shower? No, that doesn't cool me. That's not good for high blood pressure. I prefer a cooler shower.

Never open the windows and open during hot weather... Shut all the doors and windows to keep inside rooms cooler...
Yes, I do that when the AC is on.

Sometimes the mornings are cool enough to open my slider doors on the back of the house. We sit at the kitchen table in front of those doors and enjoy the morning breeze while we eat breakfast.

No, you do not need to make the rooms dark when you shut the windows with roller shutter... I am not very good with description but I hope those pictures show you the example what I am talking about. You can see many holes at roller shutters... it does bright your rooms then you do not need to turn the lights on.
Thanks for the picture showing the kitties on the window ledge. I can see the light holes clearly. I can see that the room doesn't get totally dark. But you still can't see outside if the shutters are closed during the day. :(

If you want to enjoy the outdoor view then you can stay at the garden under the shade with help from garden umbrella or whatever.
I mean during the day when I'm sitting at my computer, or working in the kitchen, or watching TV, or cleaning house, etc. I like to look out my windows and see the trees and birds. I don't have much time to just sit outside (when I'm outside I do yard and garden work). In my house, no matter which room, I can always look out a window at the nature. That's just me. :)

I hope those links will help to see the sense either shutters are necassary for your house or not and check with company... Good Luck.
Yes, every hurricane season I wish I had window shutters for storm protection. But they cost thousands of dollars.

Truthfully, during previous hurricanes, none of our windows broke. Most of the damage our neighbors had was from trees crashing thru the roof. I guess I need a force field over my roof the most, ha, ha.

Depend on difference temperatures... Example: 103 degree at outside and inside between 70 and 80 or less.
That sounds comfortable. :)

What about the humidity? Sometimes our humidity outside is up to 100% The AC reduces the humidity inside. Without AC, our houses and buildings would be full of mold. Whew!

During winter time, it make rooms warmer and save heaters when we shut the shutters. (I only do that at evenings).
That makes good sense; keeps out the drafts.

I'm sorry the AC at your office doesn't work. I know it's harder to do your job if the environment is uncomfortable. I hope then can fix it soon. :)

AC is okay but it doesn't solve to cool me down and sore my eyes, bother work-papers... I compared AC with shutters and prefer shutters over AC.
The casernes apply for shutters but their application are being reject so we have blinds, we can use it to shut to cool our room. It helps little but better than nothing. We will try again when we move to other caserne next year.

Terps wear black at work; not so cool. :P

I can image it must be suck to wear black during hot weather... Have you any suggestion with ADA or whatever about dress issues during hot weather?

A hot shower? No, that doesn't cool me. That's not good for high blood pressure. I prefer a cooler shower.

Yes I thought the same as you until I learn from my co-worker last year to try hot shower. I was like *scratch my head* and then try out of curious. I was like :eek3: after use hot shower and then cold shower... I feel REAL fresh and cool, not feel "humidity, dirty, wornout"...

Thanks for the picture showing the kitties on the window ledge. I can see the light holes clearly. I can see that the room doesn't get totally dark. But you still can't see outside if the shutters are closed during the day. :(

Yeah but it's better to cool the room than let room heat thru hot weather to make ourselves humidity....

I mean during the day when I'm sitting at my computer, or working in the kitchen, or watching TV, or cleaning house, etc. I like to look out my windows and see the trees and birds. I don't have much time to just sit outside (when I'm outside I do yard and garden work). In my house, no matter which room, I can always look out a window at the nature. That's just me. :)

Yes I can understand what you mean. I do like to look out of window at the nature, too. I get use it because I rather to cool myself than feel worn out thru humidity, heat... At evenings, I open all shutters and have beautiful view on red sunset thru windows... and sit outside to have a drink with candles to share with my hubby to view on red sunset... and feel relax and cool than sit indoor to watch on TV. I really has no time to have view at outside all the day when I am in busy... until evening....

Yes, every hurricane season I wish I had window shutters for storm protection. But they cost thousands of dollars.

You got me curious. How much one shutter cost in your country?

Truthfully, during previous hurricanes, none of our windows broke. Most of the damage our neighbors had was from trees crashing thru the roof. I guess I need a force field over my roof the most, ha, ha.

wow, you are lucky... *knock on the wood* then you won't get happen ever again. *force field over roof*.... :lol:

What about the humidity? Sometimes our humidity outside is up to 100% The AC reduces the humidity inside. Without AC, our houses and buildings would be full of mold. Whew!

Honestly, I do not need AC to reduce humidity since we have shutters. It also helps to reduce humidity and reduce heat tempature in rooms as well.

As you said that your houses would be full of mold without AC. Those word got me attention. Do your house built with brick, wood or cupboard? I do beleive that climate between your area and Germany are different when you said that your house built with brick? OR something do with building when you said that your house built with wood or cupboard? There would be no problem to use shutters to reduce heat tempature and humidity if your house is built with brick. I would suggest you to check with company when you really want to have shutters.

Sorry to take ages to answer your post as I promised you few days ago.

When you have a government system that pays for people to live even if they don't work, it is doing a few things:

1. It's taxing the money from those who produce and giving the product of their work to someone who didn't earn it. (This is why taxes are high.)

Accord my previous link, that we have social insurance (including unemployment insurance).

http://www.alldeaf.com/783467-post81.html

Unemployees received money from unemployment where we work to pay unemployment insurance.

2. It's sending the message to those who don't want more than the government gives that they need not actually work for themselves, which means they don't produce, which means they're not taxed much, which means taxes on others will have to be raised to cover what these people on the government teat use up.

Honestly, I do not complaint as long as the government take care of their people's welfare and country instead of spend our taxes to war issues, illegal immigrates, etc. To make sure that they have foods and roof is mainly matter. :)

3. It's essentially forcing one person to pay someone else's bills before they pay their own. Because money is taken from one's paycheck before they even see it, and used for other people, you're essentially forcing people to work for the benefit of others before they work for themselves. That's not right. (It's almost a form of covert slavery, if you think about it. What else is forcing someone--at the threat of government penalty--to work for someone else's ends and not your own?)

Honestly again, I really never thought about "force" until you brought those issue to my attention for a first time. I do not feel that I am being force to work myself for someone but I enjoy myself to work and communicate with co-workers etc. I work to pay social insurances and taxes to protect my future and my family's future. I really has no problem to have governement to spent our taxes as long as they take care of their people's welfare and country. I beleive that pay taxes to help the people and take care of country. *shrug*

So, not only does socialism not work in the long run--because while it claims to make everyone equal it makes them a very LOW quality of equal as more people choose not to produce--since they need not--but socialism also isn't moral. It's not moral to do through the government what one person can't do morally.

:confused: see explanation in my previous link.

Let me put it this way. The government is supposed to get its authority from the consent of the people. The government, therefore, should have no more rights than any one person. If you're hungry, and you have no food and no money for food, it would be fine to ASK others to help you, to feed you. But it would NOT be right--it would be immoral--for you to take a gun, walk up to your neighbor's house, knock on the door, and when he answers say "give me food, or I will hurt you." Right? I mean, you wouldn't do that. You wouldn't say "give me money for my rent, or I will shoot you." Right?

Again :confused: We really have no problem to apply for our rights when we are out of work or whatever since we pay social insurances and taxes. Do you work to pay taxes to Federal Government? if yes, what they do with your tax then? Do they use taxes to take care of you and your family and make sure that you won't end homeless or what? I have an American friend who work here in North Germany for 5 years. He told me sad story that you have to work to save money up case you might be out of work one day... You have to watch your money running out until empty then you get out of house/appartment to live street which is really scary. I would not depend anyone for the help since they have their own families, they take care of. I do not want to bother them but apply for my rights. They are willing to give me rights as long as I follow their rules. Accord Social system, our saving must be limited before we able to get social assistance then we won't end homeless. Their health and children welfare are mainly matter to me.

But what you want is someone else to do that FOR a person who needs rent or food. You want the government to go to your neighbor and use the threat of GOVERNMENT force to get money from him to give to someone else. How is that more moral? Because people vote for it? What if everyone in your neighborhood decided that you don't need your computer, and they come in, take it, sell it, and use the money for someone who they think needs it more than you? Is that right? Is it immoral when a neighborhood does it, but not when a government does the same thing?

And if you say government doesn't threaten people with a gun--really they do. Almost any act of government is ultimately an act of force.

To me, it's not act of force but protect people and country.

Say you don't pay your taxes. What happens? They fine you. What happens if you don't pay the fines? They arrest you. What happens if you don't want to be arrested? They force you to go to jail. What happens if you try to escape? Ultimately, this is what the gov't does--it forces people to follow laws. So, we have to be careful what should and shouldn't be a law, don't we?

We are obligate to pay taxes and social insurances. The taxes and insurances are removed from my monthly wage automatic. The employer or self-employer will get in trouble for disobey the tax law and Insurances are volunatarily. I beleive that US law is the same as well. Right?

Socialism advocates we redistribute wealth. It claims that the state owns the product of people's labor--not the individual. That, to me, is immoral.

Your work--whatever work you do that someone pays for--is the result of you spending TIME from your life. Time you don't get back. If you spend your time to make money, and then buy a car, and I STEAL your car, I've stolen TIME from you, because now you have to work again, make more money, and replace your car. I took a portion of your life you can't get back--the time you invested to earn the money to buy your car. Even if you have insurance that replaces it--someone's time is going to replace that car, and I've stolen it. I've stolen a part of your life. That's what theft is. That's why I'm against ANYONE stealing--be it a person, or the government.

:confused: For your information, I enjoy to work for over 21 years with no complaint. :dunno:

I work for myself and my family and pay insurances and taxes regular then we will alway have something back when we are out of work or pension. I really never thought and really don't have any complaints like what you mentioned here. I'm happy that's way what I am and love my job. I work and save up and spend things what I like for myself and my family or improve things... Let government take care of our taxes to improve our country or whatever and I work to take care of myself and my family.

You complaint but you work to pay tax to Federal government. Right? What about this?

I disagree with Government what and how they did with some of tax system sometimes. This is a life, I has to accept the fact.

We should help people. We should donate time and money to food and clothe those who can't. But that should be of our free choice, not at the point of a gun--whether its the gun of a thug or a government.

The people have their own families and friends, they take care of. They donate their help and money what they can but it's still not enough. Look at the people including veterans who live in street. They didn't get the help enough. You all work to pay tax to government... They are suppose to take care of the people including veterans, don't they? Are you against it or not?

Whether your system works or not (and it doesn't work well) doesn't really matter. The system that would threaten people to work for someone else and not themselves is not a moral system. It's the same thing that slavesmasters do to slaves.

Slave? :confused: We work for money to support our famliy, don't we? I don't mind to work for someone else to earn money for our future and pay insurance and taxes. :dunno: I rather to work and think positive than suck my ass and whines about government taxes, slaves, blah blah blah....

I see nobody care about gun? War still go on ZOMG!

but Capmeister :dunno:

I appreciate that you enjoy your work, and yes--I do pay taxes. But that doesn't mean I agree that all taxes are right.

Notice that taxes come out of our paychecks before we get the money. And you can't opt out of your social insurance. If I can't decide I don't want to pay the insurance and therefore not have its benefit, isn't that force?

I appreciate that you enjoy your work, and yes--I do pay taxes. But that doesn't mean I agree that all taxes are right.

Notice that taxes come out of our paychecks before we get the money. And you can't opt out of your social insurance. If I can't decide I don't want to pay the insurance and therefore not have its benefit, isn't that force?

I imagine if we don't pay tax. There is no nation. Gang or terroist would take over as well.

I imagine if we don't pay tax. There is no nation. Gang or terroist would take over as well.

I'm not saying we have to end all taxes, but certainly taxes for which the purpose is to redistribute wealth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back