more interpreter issues...UGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. Not backpedaling. I engaged your first question, although against my better judgement. I didn't respond to your second response, as whether or not I can interpret for my son In classes has nothing to do with what we are discussing.

Why do you continue asking me this?

What is your point Jiro? Is there one? Or do you want to just stick it to me any way you can?

why don't we try answering my question first so that you can know where I'm going with this in order to help you to understand what's going on here because you seem to always think we're out to get you.

why don't we try answering my question first so that you can know where I'm going with this in order to help you to understand what's going on here because you seem to always think we're out to get you.

Are you asking if CSign is considered a qualified terp in her son's school district?

Are you asking if CSign is considered a qualified terp in her son's school district?

See Post #217 for an answer to your question.

Let's not try to rephrase my clarified question into misleading question, shall we?

Bottom line: Like I have told you in PM's - I have NO idea why you continue blur things like trying to suggest that I promote the dissolution of services for the deaf (!!!)... It's actually sickening when you do it over and over and over and people are saying they don't even know if you're intentionally doing it or not. If you want no problems with me, less reported posts by me... Don't do that. Don't play games.

PFH, I went back through the posts to see what you were referring to. Is it this?

Don't act so naive. :) I've been there, I've seen it, I've taken part of helping deaf students getting screwed in the state that REQUIRES the above.

Why would you take part in that? I would think participating in placing an unqualified terp with a student would go against your moral compass.

I'm not naive, I'm stating the facts. We have already been through the discussion that if a terp is unqualified, or does not provide the student with benefit they should be replaced. Parents and guardians are equal members of the IEP team.

It was called a JOB. I was nice enough to quote things so you can have the ease of viewing.

Next time, read and remember what I have to say.

Now, I am going to ask you this question: Since you, like majority of parents with a deaf child, do not know ASL well enough to judge qualifications - what position do you hold to determine facts compared to these who grew up in the system or worked in it?

OK, so you described having had a job screwing deaf kids out of services they are legally required to have, and explained to Csign that this was the same job that had sickened you to the point of leaving (admirably). It seems you think I had an issue with that -- I didn't. I don't.

I addressed the line in which you questioned CSign's right as an IEP member to demand that the school engage a qualified terp because -- as you suggest -- she does "not know ASL well enough to judge qualifications" and because you had previous implied that her child wouldn't understand a certified ASL terp.

It is. Truly unfortunate for the child especially when the school brings in a certified ASL interpreter and the child doesn't understand the terp.
Now, I am going to ask you this question: Since you, like majority of parents with a deaf child, do not know ASL well enough to judge qualifications - what position do you hold to determine facts compared to these who grew up in the system or worked in it?
Are you suggesting that deaf children don't deserve qualified interpreters if their parents can't really tell the difference between qualified and unqualified levels of ASL? ...

If CSign has been saying that she's had to fight for years to ensure her child has a qualified terp, and continues to do so, and has the legal backing to do so, how is that contrary to the opinions of deaf who grew up in the system and what is it you disagree with, and why are you arguing with her about taking that stand?

lol.

oh grendel grendel grendel....

PFH, I went back through the posts to see what you were referring to. Is it this?

OK, so you described having had a job screwing deaf kids out of services they are legally required to have, and explained to Csign that this was the same job that had sickened you to the point of leaving (admirably). It seems you think I had an issue with that -- I didn't. I don't.

I addressed the line in which you questioned CSign's right as an IEP member to demand that the school engage a qualified terp because -- as you suggest -- she does "not know ASL well enough to judge qualifications" and because you had previous implied that her child wouldn't understand a certified ASL terp.

did you REALLY read the posts with open mind or are you just selectively scanning for certain keywords?

why don't we review previous posts? let us begin our reading comprehension session. put away your iPhone and pay attention.

Don't act so naive. :) I've been there, I've seen it, I've taken part of helping deaf students getting screwed in the state that REQUIRES the above.

Exactly. That "requirement" only serves to provide parents with a false sense of security. They see that on paper, and automatically assume that the terp is certified and qualified just because it says they must be on paper. Let's talk about what really happens in practice, not what it says on a piece of paper.

it is very obvious that PFH is saying that he was helping deaf students who got screwed by system in the states that requires credentials. In other word.... the terps were certified but not adequately qualified enough (aka "not good enough") for them.

Hence.... PFH's comment - "take note of this" pertaining to coolspyder's horrible experience with her terp.

If CSign has been saying that she's had to fight for years to ensure her child has a qualified terp, and continues to do so, and has the legal backing to do so, how is that contrary to the opinions of deaf who grew up in the system and what is it you disagree with, and why are you arguing with her about taking that stand?
see above especially jillio's post.

are you really that gullible and naive that you take everything at face value? my answer is no because I know you're intelligent enough to know that credential paper doesn't really mean anything.

Come on now. You know what you're doing in here. You are just arguing for the sake of argument in defense of CSign, you sly sly fox. Come on now. Tell me the truth. Come on. Tell. Me. The. Truth.

lol.

oh grendel grendel grendel....

did you REALLY read the posts with open mind or are you just selectively scanning for certain keywords?

why don't we review previous posts? let us begin our reading comprehension session. put away your iPhone and pay attention.

it is very obvious that PFH is saying that he was helping deaf students who got screwed by system in the states that requires credentials. In other word.... the terps were certified but not adequately qualified enough (aka "not good enough") for them.

Hence.... PFH's comment - "take note of this" pertaining to coolspyder's horrible experience with her terp.

see above especially jillio's post.

are you really that gullible and naive that you take everything at face value? my answer is no because I know you're intelligent enough to know that credential paper doesn't really mean anything.

Come on now. You know what you're doing in here. You are just arguing for the sake of argument in defense of CSign, you sly sly fox. Come on now. Tell me the truth. Come on. Tell. Me. The. Truth.
:laugh2: OK. Here's the thing -- I think PFH thinks I take issue with that job he had. I didn't, I don't. I hadn't even been addressing that. Looking at his posts, I think he was intending to help deaf kids and found out the place wasn't doing that at all, so he left in protest. Or maybe that's my misinterpretation, and he actually was in a job that helps kids who have been screwed out of their resources. And then left for some other reason. My point was that I hadn't even been addressing that aspect of his posts, but rather his concerns about CSign's right to request a qualified terp for her child, regardless of her own fluency in ASL.

Holy vaca. Is that how you say cow in Spanish?

Seriously. This is ridiculous.

First of all, to clarify... I haven't fought for years to get a qualified terp for my son. We fought his first year of elementary school, finally getting two great terps. I was saying that I know school districts can suck, and do their best to provide minimal accomodations. I'm saying, I've had to fight them year after year for one thing or another (or several others) so I'm well aware that deaf education is not all "peaches and cream."

Second of all, we are all in agreement on this topic. So what is this major malfunction? Are some so blinded by their feelings that they aren't even seeing that there is no disagreement?

Second of all, we are all in agreement on this topic. So what is this major malfunction? Are some so blinded by their feelings that they aren't even seeing that there is no disagreement?

An answer to my clarified question can help me answer your question so how about it?

dont obfuscate again.. I explained CLEARLY what i had an issue with.

:laugh2: OK. Here's the thing -- I think PFH thinks I take issue with that job he had. I didn't, I don't. I hadn't even been addressing that. Looking at his posts, I think he was intending to help deaf kids and found out the place wasn't doing that at all, so he left in protest. Or maybe that's my misinterpretation, and he actually was in a job that helps kids who have been screwed out of their resources. And then left for some other reason. My point was that I hadn't even been addressing that aspect of his posts, but rather his concerns about CSign's right to request a qualified terp for her child, regardless of her own fluency in ASL.
No, you werent. Nice backpedal though.

This does not even warrant a response.

Holy vaca. Is that how you say cow in Spanish?

Seriously. This is ridiculous.

First of all, to clarify... I haven't fought for years to get a qualified terp for my son. We fought his first year of elementary school, finally getting two great terps. I was saying that I know school districts can suck, and do their best to provide minimal accomodations. I'm saying, I've had to fight them year after year for one thing or another (or several others) so I'm well aware that deaf education is not all "peaches and cream."

Its how you replied to what I had to say. Thats the issue.

Its how you replied to what I had to say. Thats the issue.

I don't have the faintest clue what you're talking about.

Is it because I said that if things aren't right, assert your rights and file a compliance complaint? Did you want me to agree with your comment that Deaf Ed isn't peaches and cream? I already addressed that point on page 3. I'm sorry that I wasn't vocal enough in agreement with you that deaf students are underserved or receive inadequate support. Given that I'd already acknowledged that, I preferred to focus on what can be done... Rather than wallow in sorrow about how much it sucks. The student has rights. The parents have rights. Assert them.

Is it because I said that if things aren't right, assert your rights and file a compliance complaint? Did you want me to agree with your comment that Deaf Ed isn't peaches and cream? I already addressed that point on page 3. I'm sorry that I wasn't vocal enough in agreement with you that deaf students are underserved or receive inadequate support. Given that I'd already acknowledged that, I preferred to focus on what can be done... Rather than wallow in sorrow about how much it sucks. The student has rights. The parents have rights. Assert them.

right.........

why are you guys seeking my approval? If you guys truly feel that you're doing good, you shouldn't be seeking ANYONES approval.

If I was someone who was "belligerent" nobody would be paying attention to me.

why are you guys seeking my approval? If you guys truly feel that you're doing good, you shouldn't be seeking ANYONES approval.

If I was someone who was "belligerent" nobody would be paying attention to me.

I'm most certainly not trying to seek your approval. I'm trying to understand what it is you're talking about as this thread has been turned into a blob of miscommunication apparently.

First of all: I was never talking about your daughter. You feel like everyone on alldeaf talks about your daughter. This is not true. Matter of a tiny fact so you know for your future endeavors: I don't even think about your daughter, and I doubt many here thinks about your kid when we post.

Second: It's not an "ongoing campaign against you" as much as it is an "ongoing campaign against twisting of information". The exact reason i said post reported is what everyone else saw; I was clear on my position on disliking the situation where kids are provided less than acceptable accommodation, and you came out and said that I was promoting exactly the opposite. See where we're getting at now? So far - You're the only one that holds that view while I cannot see for the life of me how I can be any more clear on my position especially after I stated that I had to leave my job, and I was physically sick about it.

Third: I am obviously pointing your twists out. Maybe that is why you feel there's a campaign out by me.. But many other members here see the same. We have a boatload of very intelligent members on AllDeaf, they all know who they are, that are capable of making their own decisions. I do not go around telling people stuff about you.
You are a nobody in my life. I don't even think about you when I leave the forum. If there was a campaign against you, I would be thinking about it very deeply while I work, while I eat, while I shower building up a strategy plan against you. However, I'm very thankful I don't have that problem.

Again: Nobody here was talking about your daughter. I told you and Csign to take note of it because these issues does happen while you guys suggested in previous posts that these issues doesn't happen out there in our nation. Simple as that.

Bottom line: Like I have told you in PM's - I have NO idea why you continue blur things like trying to suggest that I promote the dissolution of services for the deaf (!!!)... It's actually sickening when you do it over and over and over and people are saying they don't even know if you're intentionally doing it or not. If you want no problems with me, less reported posts by me... Don't do that. Don't play games.

It's actually not hard, really. There is nobody out to get you. Don't worry. Everyone respects your choices with your kid. I mean, really.......... And I am NOT being sarcastic.

Agree 100%. It has been my experience that when talking about "deaf children" someone always pops in to make it about "their child". We are never talking about any one, specific, child. If people would realize that, these discussions would not get side tracked by the defensiveness that causes them to turn ugly.

Either way, older thread or not, misinformation is harmful and should be corrected.

Right. I am fully and completely against giving people a false sense of security. It only insures that they are not prepared to dea withl or to recognize situations when they arise.

This tendency to minimize things and color them with rose colored pencils baffles me. What is the problem with being up front and actual?

I'm most certainly not trying to seek your approval. I'm trying to understand what it is you're talking about as this thread has been turned into a blob of miscommunication apparently.

see my Post #228 and #223

I am trying to help you but you are busy running around, crying wolf in middle. Help me to help you. Can you answer my clarified question?

Do you truly think it is that simple?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back