Mom Angry That Male Vice Principal Spanked Her Daughter

rockin'robin

Reaction score
Rather than spend two days in in-school suspension for allegedly letting another student copy her classwork, Taylor Santos, a well-regarded student and athlete at Springtown High School, near Fort Worth, Texas, chose to get paddled.

As her mother, Anna Jorgensen, told ABC News affiliate WFAA-TV in Dallas, Taylor didn’t want to miss any classes because “her grades are very important to her.”

So Santos went to the vice principal’s office to request a paddling. She called her mom, who said that as long as her daughter was OK with it, so was she. According to school policy, parents who don’t want their children to subject to corporal punishment must submit a written statement each year.

What neither Jorgenson nor Santos knew was that a man — the vice principal — would be doing the swatting, while a female watched. As far as Jorgensen knew, she said, school policy mandated that males spanked males and females spanked females.

Because of the force with with Santos was struck, her bottom was fire-engine red and looked as if it had been “burned and blistered,” said Jorgensen, who took photos as evidence.

While paddling in public schools has been outlawed by 31 states, as well as by Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico, the Supreme Court ruled in 1977 that it was legal unless it has abolished by local authorities, according to the web site Corpun.com.

It is legal in 19 states; efforts to ban it in Wyoming, North Carolina, Louisiana and Texas failed. However, in 2011 laws were introduced in both Texas and North Carolina giving parents the right to exempt their students from paddling.

“A lot of people think it was abolished 20 years ago,” Jimmy Dunne, president of People Opposed to Paddling Students (POPS), told ABC News. A former math teacher in the Houston Middle Schools, Dunne founded POPS in 1981 and has been the spanker and spankee. But he refused to participate after noticing that some teachers were “getting sadistic pleasure out of hitting these kids.”

He has actively tried to get schools to curb the practice ever since, but he has met with resistance. In June, he appeared at an anti-corporal punishment in schools rally in Washington, D.C., and will be attending a school board meeting on Monday after a 13-year-old student at Barbers Hill Middle School in Houston was covered with welts and bruises after a paddling he received for getting three consecutive zero grades.

“Members of the Texas legislature say, ‘I was paddled, and I turned out OK,’” he said. “Or they say they want to leave it up to the local district to decide. They think it’s good discipline. But it’s legalized child abuse. I always say if this was done away from the school, the person would be arrested.”

The day after her daughter’s paddling, Jorgensen called the vice principal to complain, but was told it was “normal for her bottom to look like this after receiving swats.” The vice principal added that he had no idea about the same gender swatting, Jorgensen said.

“I think Taylor is proof that we need to keep that policy,” she said. “I don’t believe a man intentionally meant to do that to her, but it still happens, because men are too big and strong to be hitting 96-pound girls.”

Mom Angry That Male Vice Principal Spanked Her Daughter - ABC News

Disagree....I'm against someone else paddling my kids. And feel that if the Parent agrees to let their child be paddled, then a female for the girls and a male for the boys should apply.

Disagree....I'm against someone else paddling my kids. And feel that if the Parent agrees to let their child be paddled, then a female for the girls and a male for the boys should apply.

I think you missed my point. The student knew she broke the rules. She had a choice, to be spanked or not. Both the student and parent consented to the punishment. In fact, she requested to be spanked.

I understand you disagree with their choices. But that doesn't change the fact that she asked for it.

Yes, she did wrong, and chose to have the "spanking"....But spanking a 13 yr. old girl by a male adult?...I don't think so.

And I find it strange that any parent or school would allow 13 yr. olds to be spanked in school. I can see it for elementary kids, (if their parents allowed it, and I would not), but not for middle-schoolers or high schoolers.

And the asst. principal leaving blisters and red welts on the girl's bottom?...I would be livid if that happened to my daughter...then again, I feel the Parent(s) and the school made some bad choices here.

i lost something if other student doing cheating why this one getting paddling.what do they use to paddle with..something no right doing this to 13yr old..that would not happen here if i was that girls parent i would have something to say

I think you missed my point. The student knew she broke the rules. She had a choice, to be spanked or not. Both the student and parent consented to the punishment. In fact, she requested to be spanked.

I understand you disagree with their choices. But that doesn't change the fact that she asked for it.

wait till you get a daughter.

I'm sorry but if anybody paddles my kid, that person should expected a beat-down.

Yes, she did wrong, and chose to have the "spanking"....But spanking a 13 yr. old girl by a male adult?...I don't think so.

And I find it strange that any parent or school would allow 13 yr. olds to be spanked in school. I can see it for elementary kids, (if their parents allowed it, and I would not), but not for middle-schoolers or high schoolers.

And the asst. principal leaving blisters and red welts on the girl's bottom?...I would be livid if that happened to my daughter...then again, I feel the Parent(s) and the school made some bad choices here.

absolutly right,,i amaze it still happens she not expected to take pants doown if so that child cruelty

No she didn't. She didn't agree to be paddled by a male teacher, she thought it would be a woman - which is what any logical person would assume. If I was the mother, I would kicked his ass to the curb to touch my daughter. The fact that this type of punishment goes on is astonishing. I'd get together with other parents at the school and sue for physical and sexual abuse.

Laura

you do NOT get the point !! Male students get spanked by a male adult and females students get spanked by a female adults! If I was the parent I would be filing a sexual abuse complaint against the school .

you do NOT get the point !! Male students get spanked by a male adult and females students get spanked by a female adults! If I was the parent I would be filing a sexual abuse complaint against the school .

Let me tell you how it was missy. `:) Back in the day it was the teachers responsibility regardless of the students or teachers sexual orientation.

Now this does does not mean that I condone spanking kids. In fact I would never consider beating my child, nor would I allow anyone else to beat my child.

No, you are over reacting. Sounds to me as if you have a perverted mind. Why anyone would think that spanking kids is sexually gratifying is just plain bonkers.

:shock:

Your thought process obviously defies common sense.

You have a school that disciplines students with force, and allows men to engage in paddling the bottoms of girl students, and you have a problem with my response? I'd say your thought process deserves a second, third and fourth look.

Laura

You have a school that disciplines students with force, and allows men to engage in paddling the bottoms of girl students, and you have a problem with my response? I'd say your thought process deserves a second, third and fourth look.

Laura

Did I ever state that I approved of what was done? The fact is, however wrong you or I may think it is - BOTH the student AND parent consented. Do I think those were bad choices - damn right I do.

No, you are over reacting. Sounds to me as if you have a perverted mind.
it does not have to be sexually gratifying to make it a sexual abuse. sexual abuse occurs when there is inappropriate inappropriate physical conduct on anybody's private parts which are breasts, genitalia, and buttocks.... and also illegal sexual acts such as being nude with a nude child to pose for pictures.

Why anyone would think that spanking kids is sexually gratifying is just plain bonkers.
well... that's what happens in child rape cases and child sex rings... oh and choir boys too.

Back