Models - what they really look like

netrox

Reaction score
You know, how girls are so obsessed with beauty and modeling and they get all anorexic and feel ugly when in reality, models are often more "strange" than the girls are. Here are mugshots of well paid models without makeup:

vuitton-heads.jpg

They are quite popular and well established models visible in many fashion magazines - they make a lot of money.

Compare those mugshots with them on catwalk:

Louis Vuitton Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear Collection Slideshow on Style.com

They're all the same girls in same order. You'll see that they're wearing the same outfits. They don't look same but they're really the same, just that they're wearing makeup and their hair fixed.

Now, think about magazines - they do a LOT of photoshop and they make them look "flawless." It's not reality, it's fantasy.

You know, how girls are so obsessed with beauty and modeling and they get all anorexic and feel ugly when in reality, models are often more "strange" than the girls are. Here are mugshots of well paid models without makeup:
you might wanna get to know of them first before you stereotype them. Some are what you just described and some are doing it for real cuz they love to express themselves to the world.

They are quite popular and well established models visible in many fashion magazines - they make a lot of money.

Compare those mugshots with them on catwalk:

Louis Vuitton Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear Collection Slideshow on Style.com

They're all the same girls in same order. You'll see that they're wearing the same outfits. They don't look same but they're really the same, just that they're wearing makeup and their hair fixed.

Now, think about magazines - they do a LOT of photoshop and they make them look "flawless." It's not reality, it's fantasy.
well - when we go out on date - the girls wear make-ups to look pretty. At work - women wear make-up to look professional.

They still look beautiful regardless. I noticed that several of them have big eyes so it must be common trait that agencies look for.

They still look beautiful regardless. I noticed that several of them have big eyes so it must be common trait that agencies look for.

I notice that too. Also their nice foreheads, to give a clear picture of their facial expression.

thats what they really look like when they wake up in the morning with no make-ups , MOST women/girls are like that. But yep they are skinny, then again, its the make-ups they use to 'decorate' on a 'canvas' supposely to represent many different women's beauty..weird i know but that's what they think...

I think they're all fine but read this article:

Ridiculous Men Slam Models Without Makeup - Louis Vuitton - Jezebel

"When this picture of Louis Vuitton's most recent show cast was posted by LOVE, it was unexpectedly linked on Reddit. Predictably, the majority of the 1700+ comments left by Reddit's overwhelmingly male readership are rabid criticisms of the women's looks.

"There's a few lookers in there, but most of them look like aliens," wrote one of the nicer ones. There was a ready supply of coke jokes, cheeseburger jokes, coke-and-cheeseburger jokes. And then yet more cracks about heroin, meth, and sandwiches. This kind of commentary is hardly uncommon. Whenever a model is mentioned in the news, reams of commenters — presumably male — immediately appoint themselves to judge her "hotness." And they always find it lacking.

It's almost cute the way they seem to imagine their opinions matter.

So let them criticize. That's kind of the point. Modeling is just one of the many areas of the fashion industry that does not give much consideration to men and their alleged needs. It is not created or intended to serve men's tastes. "

Also, note that the last pic shows a smiling model. That's Elle Macpherson. She's 47 and one of the highest paid successful models.

Anyone got any thoughts about what they would say if they saw a model wearing hearing aids or a cochlear implant?

I think the camera angle and lighting has a lot to do with them looking so weird. Every single one of those girls is probably good looking in person.

Because we all know that the only thing that counts is a woman's appearance. :roll:

Natural beauty is still the most precious gift a woman can have. Artificial beauty is what most people cared about.

I noticed almost all of them had the same two things: huge lips and penetrating eyes.

Most of them are pretty, but plain. :) I think that's the point...plain so that they can dress most parts.

Ehh, those models are all white and african-american. I don't see any asian models...and I would like to see more asian models =/

Ehh, those models are all white and african-american. I don't see any asian models...and I would like to see more asian models =/

Yea, there are not many...but I know I have seen some in magazines.

wonder wht she looks like w/o make-up? lol

Attachments

• milla_jovovich_10.jpg
    milla_jovovich_10.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 23
Back