Models - what they really look like

True about caucasion. but i have notice that they change from caucasion, to a darker skinned now, more lately. but they prefer tall due to the long legs that makes them look good for being modeling. They should have short modeling becuase lot of us who are short who want to know if they look good in clothes. :rme: I am short! :D

I took the time, and now I feel that you have no substance...

Devon Aoki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia 5'5''
Kate Moss - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia 5'7''

They're runway models. (Not catwalk..)

Let me teach you a bit about them.

They were hired when they were only 14. They hoped they would grow taller and they didn't but they already established their names enough to keep their careers.

If you're 18 and still at 5'5", your not gonna be hired.

Catwalk is another term for runway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runway_(fashion)

Steve Nash. he's a midget

"lso you said there is NO 5'8'' or shorter. We proved you wrong. No need to backpedal. Just man up and say youre wrong "

I am not wrong. I cited WHY they're "short" to begin with. They were HIRED before they were fully grown. Sometimes agencies thought they'd be tall models and it didn't turn out that way as they lucked out since they established their presence. You won't find agencies hiring 18 years old unknowns that are 5'8" or less for that kind of catwalk.

You're citing exceptions. I am citing reality.

The rule is really much the same - no under 5'8" for catwalk shows. Would they make exceptions? Surely, that's called "exception" to the rule.

The reality is that 99% of all models on catwalk (for high fashion) is 5'8" or taller.

I don't care about the "exceptions." The average height of a woman here is 5'4" - you're not gonna see them on catwalk. You may find them in local catwalks for aspiring designers but if we're talking about super models and high fashion brands, you aren't going to find 5'4" "midgets" (you call them, not me) there.

High Fashion modeling is ALWAYS about being the top 1%. With rigid requirements on height and looks, we pretty much eliminate the bottom 90%.

Just saying. It's not fair but that's reality. :)

I'm citing reality. You said there was none, and i showed there was some. That is all. No need for pride mumbo jumbo.

How big is your sample size for your conclusion of 99% of the models being 5'8 or taller?

I wonder if these women try to dress down their looks when out in public so nobody can recognize them?

I'm citing reality. You said there was none, and i showed there was some. That is all. No need for pride mumbo jumbo.

I've already explained that those "short" women were ALREADY signed when they were not fully grown yet. Women who are fully grown hoping to be models on high fashion catwalk will not make it if they're less than 5'8" virtually all the time. Kate Moss is merely an exception and even with that, she's hardly "short" compared to average women.

You cannot argue with the working definition. Fashion editors, designers, and photographers will make an exception if a person is *already* well known or notorious and that's it. :)

from website:

But for fashion models it is about the as probable as being struck by lightning on the way to cash in your winning lottery ticket. Even for commercial models, the market for short younger models is small. The realistic answer is “no.”

“That’s not fair.” No, it isn’t, but that’s the way it is. This is a business, it isn’t about what you want or what’s fair, it’s about what the marketplace wants. And for the most part the market doesn’t want short models.

Height requirements in fashion are driven by two factors: sample size and preference. Designers and fashion photographers prefer taller models. Dresses for runway shows and editorial and advertising photography are cut to a “sample size” that reflects that preference. Once the clothes are put together it’s a lot easier to hire a model to fit than to redo the clothes for a shorter model...

When a model below 5’8” or above 6'0" tall is successful it is almost always because someone, typically a photographer, agent or editor, took a special interest in a girl and “made” her career, or because of fame in a non-modeling field. It doesn’t happen through the normal route, but by having a special person with influence in the industry decide, for whatever reason, to push you to the front of the line. Things like that can’t be worked for, planned for, or reasonably hoped for. They simply happen, very, very rarely. The “modeling schools” and the scammers seek out girls who want to believe they can be the exception. They assure girls that they can, but they never say what it really takes to be that exception – because it’s almost certain most victims don’t have it, and the schools and scammers aren’t going to give it to you.

Height and Professional Modeling

Back