Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Other (post if you wish)

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • None, I don't need a Mobile Device

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dr. Strangelove

Reaction score
I currently use a SK ID, but am heavily tempted to switch to BlackBerry in November. I am curious what everyone uses.

my tilt has windows mobile 6.0 and soon it will be upgraded to 6.1. this winter we will have windows mobile 7.0

Microsoft eyes 40 percent of smartphone market by 2012 | InfoWorld | News | 2008-05-13 | By Dan Nystedt, IDG News Service

Around 118 million smartphones were sold last year, according to market researcher Canalys. Symbian captured 67 percent of the OS market, while Microsoft came in second at 13 percent and RIM took 10 percent.

wow. symbian is popular. im sure poweron would love to hear that. :)

SideKick 3 is what I use, have had it for more than a year now.

Have centro, recently replace over broken treo. Hate it but patience with it during tiny QWERTY compare to Treo. I like Palm OS so much. But, I looking forward to get new mobile this summer. Either iPhone or Nokia something...

Blackberry 8820 for now, I'm going to upgrade into 3G iPhone in next month or so.

Blackberry 8820 for now, I'm going to upgrade into 3G iPhone in next month or so.

oh dear... I would hate to see you have to update e-mail to your buddies. Don't you think it's harrass? That's why I'm focus on my own web hosting and use within IMAP while mobile offer e-mail is rare to use when someone need reach me as urgent.

oh dear... I would hate to see you have to update e-mail to your buddies. Don't you think it's harrass? That's why I'm focus on my own web hosting and use within IMAP while mobile offer e-mail is rare to use when someone need reach me as urgent.
Why would it be hassle if his (Pacman's) data would be already stored in the company's servers?

I don't know :dunno:

that is why i chose mail2web.com which is a direct push email service. mail2web.com is accepted to iphone, wm mobile, symbian and palm o/s. so i dont need to change or update new email addy in case i need to transfer to other mobile. i look for any mobile with direct push feature(exchange). i can transfer my single email account to iphone from my current mobile if i want. no hassle at all !

mail2web.com rocks !

So Apple doesn't save data on their servers? I thought they did.

I have not gotten around to use Mail2Web on my phones.

i forget to add...

mail2web.com does accept any blackberry devices however it wud charge 15 bucks a month. that is why i keep saying RIM server is expensive.

Ouch -- 15 dollars. My mother has a Blackberry - I don't think she really likes it.

I don't use BB email, Gmail and hotmail are 2 of my most email usage.

So Apple doesn't save data on their servers? I thought they did.

I have not gotten around to use Mail2Web on my phones.

mail2web does backup anything in case u might loose ur mobile or flush it in toliet. no problem once u get new mobile and set up in activesync. baamm ! u get everything on ur mobile. it includes emails, contacts, calendar and task. i use all except task.

what mobile do u have, brian ?

mail2web does backup anything in case u might loose ur mobile or flush it in toliet. no problem once u get new mobile and set up in activesync. baamm ! u get everything. it includes emails, contacts, calendar and task. i use all except task.

what mobile do u have, brian ?
Good to know - this was one of my concerns that I would lose stuff if I moved on to the phone.

Other than Sidekick LX, I am still using AT&T 8525.

Good to know - this was one of my concerns that I would lose stuff if I moved on to the phone.

Other than Sidekick LX, I am still using AT&T 8525.

ahh u shd have mail2web.com since WM mobile has activesync which means direct push email feature. my wife has 8525 too. she loves it because mail2web.com is required for her interpreter business. having any direct push email account on mobile does save battery life by 20 to 50% if you dont have POPs email account. personally i never have POPs or other email on my mobiles but mail2web. having POPs email on WM mobile does drain the battery quicker.

PM me i can give you a instruction how to set up on WM mobile if you like.

I have a Sidekick 3, but when my 5 years is up (with the STAP plan - it paid for my SK3) I want to get a BlackBerry.

I was tired of using Sidekick in five years. I had exchanged sidekick BW to sidekick color to sidekick II. I won't buy other Sidekick 3 before purchasing AT&T Tilt. I like three different browsers in mobile ME, Opera mini, and skyfire into my Tilt. Use to read Alldeaf forum everyday during my work time.

Looking at switching to BB next year. Sidekick 3 will be bye-bye soon.

Back