Miserable failures....the oil clean-up

As a business owner I often had contractors working for me or for other contractors that made a big mistake/mess on one of my jobs. I never blindly trusted them to correct that mistake......never even considered it. If obama had experience running something before he became President maybe he would have learned this. :)

Having been a leader in major catastrophes I can tell you if someone offers help, you take it........If you end up not needing it great. If you do need it you are prepared. obama was not prepared.

so you're ok with federal government controlling and dictating corporate matters?

Maybe he was. What if he knew it wouldn't be capped? You seem to think he has all this awesome power and is free to exercise it. Do you mean there is no power behind him, watching and guiding his every move?
If you do believe that, then you and I live in different worlds, lol. No biggie.

Then if you prefer......the obama administration was not prepared..... :lol:

If he KNEW it wouldn't be capped then his silence was criminal. I think most everyone can agree that IF obama KNEW this would happen and didn't act accordingly regardless of what those around him said he failed as a leader.

The destruction of our beaches is hardly a corporate matter.... :)

which is where they can levy fines and file a criminal charge. but that didn't answer my question.

You're ok with the feds telling the corporation what to do and what not to do?

which is where they can levy fines and file a criminal charge. but that doesn't answer my question. You're ok with the feds telling the corporation what to do and what not to do?

Your question is irrelevant.....

obama is charged with the duty of protecting the U.S. and it's citizens. Oil arriving on our beaches is a threat to both. obama had a duty to do everything he could to stop that oil from reaching the beaches. By declining help and depending on the word of others he failed to lead.

which is where they can levy fines and file a criminal charge. but that didn't answer my question.

You're ok with the feds telling the corporation what to do and what not to do?

Fines and charges do not prevent oil from reaching the beach.......A leader seeks solutions to problems not remedies for the result of problems

Fines and charges do not prevent oil from reaching the beach.......A leader seeks solutions to problems not remedies for the result of problems

There are laws and regulations to prevent oil from reaching the beach. There are criminal charges and fines for those who broke the laws.

It is in BP's economic interest to uphold a high standard in safety, operation, etc. but unfortunately they didn't.

obama is charged with the duty of protecting the U.S. and it's citizens. Oil arriving on our beaches is a threat to both. obama had a duty to do everything he could to stop that oil from reaching the beaches. By declining help and depending on the word of others he failed to lead.

I am sure he wants to kick out AIPAC lobbyists and get us out of the Mideast, among other places, but I imagine if he decided to do it solo, we will be reading about his assassination the next day. The same thing with the oil spill.

um..... no? You are clearly evading my question.

This is corporation's responsibility and mess. So next time - you're ok with the the feds assuming a complete control of corporation at corporation's expense to do whatever it takes to fix it? After all... the President has duty to protect US and its citizens....

um..... no? You are clearly evading my question.

This is corporation's responsibility and mess. So next time - you're ok with the the feds assuming a complete control of corporation at corporation's expense to do whatever it takes to fix it? After all... the President has duty to protect US and its citizens....

Completely irrelevant

obama had a responsibility to keep oil from reaching the beaches. If he seeks to make the corporation pay for it later.....that is his choice. But his duty as a leader is to make sure that oil does not impact the U.S. Just because you consider BP liable for the leak doesn't mean you blindly trust them to protect your beaches when they say they can. Accepting an offer of help in no way controls BP..... :laugh2:

When you are at fault in a traffic accident your are liable for the damages to the other vehicle....You are not required to do the repairs yourself and it is doubtful you would be trusted to repair the car even if you said you could..... :lol:

Completely irrelevant
How?

obama had a responsibility to keep oil from reaching the beaches. If he seeks to make the corporation pay for it later.....that is his choice. But his duty as a leader is to make sure that oil does not impact the U.S. Just because you consider BP liable for the leak doesn't mean you blindly trust them to protect your beaches when they say they can. Accepting an offer of help in no way controls BP..... :laugh2:

When you are at fault in a traffic accident your are liable for the damages to the other vehicle....You are not required to do the repairs yourself and it is doubtful you would be trusted to repair the car even if you said you could..... :lol:
completely fallacious comparison. Here's proper comparison -

Obama has a responsibility to keep our roads safe... hence Department of Transportation. That's why we have regulations & laws for companies to manufacture vehicles that meet the specification and safety level.

If the driver crashed due to driver error - that is not a federal responsibility. That's what law is for. The fines/criminal charge is levied against the driver if he drove recklessly.

If the driver crashed due to manufacturer defect - that is corporation's responsibility to recall affected vehicles. If the corporation knew about the defect but proceed ahead because it still meets the regulation by a hairline (like Pinto)... in your case - you want the federal government to step in and assume control of corporate operation to ensure that the vehicles meet the safety regulation at corporate's expense.

Yes?

How?

Obama has a responsibility to keep our roads safe... hence Department of Transportation. That's why we have regulations & laws for companies to manufacture vehicles that meet the specification and safety level.

If the driver crashed due to driver error - that is not a federal responsibility. That's what law is for. The fines/criminal charge is levied against the driver if he drove recklessly.

If the driver crashed due to manufacturer defect - that is corporation's responsibility to recall affected vehicles. If the corporation knew about the defect but proceed ahead because it still meets the regulation by a hairline (like Pinto)... in your case - you want the federal government to step in and assume control of corporate operation to ensure that the vehicles meet the safety regulation at corporate's expense.

Yes?

The beaches are not part of BP. Allowing skimmers to protect the beaches in no way "controls" BP. :)

How?

Yes?

BTW......Would you leave the Pinto on the highway until Ford came and towed it off??? :lol:

THIS JUST IN

An angry obama announced today "I will not rest until Ford tows their defective Pinto from the highway. Furthermore, I am demanding Ford set up a fund to compensate families who may run into the Pinto before they tow it off. I have solicited help from the greatest minds from the automotive industry and acadimia to discover why Ford's Pinto is defective. There will be no questions today. I have a 2pm tee time. Thank you."

THIS JUST IN

An angry obama announced today "I will not rest until Ford tows there defective Pinto from the highway. Furthermore, I am demanding Ford set up a fund to compensate families who may run into the Pinto before they tow it off. I have solicited help from the greatest minds from the automotive industry and acadimia to discover why Ford' Pinto is defective. There will be no questions today. I have a 2pm tee time. Thank you."

Thats my boy!

THIS JUST IN

An angry obama announced today "I will not rest until Ford tows their defective Pinto from the highway. Furthermore, I am demanding Ford set up a fund to compensate families who may run into the Pinto before they tow it off. I have solicited help from the greatest minds from the automotive industry and acadimia to discover why Ford's Pinto is defective. There will be no questions today. I have a 2pm tee time. Thank you."

Fore!!!

*schhhhhhhhhhhhhtttthwackk!*

Back