Miserable failures....the oil clean-up

Still, more than 2,000 boats have signed up for oil-spill duty under BP's Vessel of Opportunity program. The company pays boat captains and their crews a flat fee based on the size of the vessel, ranging from $1,200 to $3,000 a day, plus a $200 fee for each crew member who works an eight-hour day.

Rocky Ditcharo, a shrimp dock owner in Buras, La., said many fishermen hired by BP have told him that they often park their boats on the shore while they wait for word on where to go.

"They just wait because there's no direction," Ditcharo said. He said he believes BP has hired many boat captains "to show numbers."

"But they're really not doing anything," he added. He also said he suspects the company is hiring out-of-work fishermen to placate them with paychecks.

Yeah... heckuva job there, BP!

the coast guard said there have been 107 offers of help from 44 nations, ranging from technical advice to skimmer boats and booms. But many of those offers are weeks old, and only a small number have been accepted, with the vast majority still under review, according to a list kept by the state department.

>:9

I dont know rest but my brother in law just got job there by surpervise those oil clean up in Florida and he will be there for 3 months or more. He is making alot of money by riding on quad back forth on the beach.

If BP hadn't screwed up to start with, there would be no clean up needed.:cool2: Can't divert responsibility. They created the problem; they are responsible for the clean up.

If BP hadn't screwed up to start with, there would be no clean up needed.:cool2: Can't divert responsibility. They created the problem; they are responsible for the clean up.

Agreed. :)

More Fed delays.........

BP Will Begin Testing New Cap Over Gulf Oil Leak

Published July 14, 2010
| Associated Press

Print Email Share Comments (18) Text Size
NEW ORLEANS -- After a day of delay, BP is again prepared to test a new cap fitted over the gushing Gulf of Mexico oil leak.

National Incident Commander Thad Allen said at a Wednesday news briefing that testing will go ahead after 24 hours of carefully reviewing plans for the test.

He said the testing would begin shortly.

The federal government had ordered the testing held up until BP could answer questions about whether the work could further damage the leaking well.

The test involves slowly closing the valves of the cap, ultimately blocking the flow of oil entirely. High pressure is a good sign, because it means there's a single leak.

BP says the testing will take up to 48 hours before they know if the cap works as planned.

How long til the messiah claims credit for stopping the leak?

"Daddy...did you plug the leak yet?"

There were volunteers ready to clean up and cap it weeks ago but Obama said no! Why the hell not? That's what gets me.

Yiz

Ah I see. BP assured the feds it was not necessary since THEY could do it, while all along they did not want it capped.

As a business owner I often had contractors working for me or for other contractors that made a big mistake/mess on one of my jobs. I never blindly trusted them to correct that mistake......never even considered it. If obama had experience running something before he became President maybe he would have learned this. :)

Having been a leader in major catastrophes I can tell you if someone offers help, you take it........If you end up not needing it great. If you do need it you are prepared. obama was not prepared.

As a business owner I often had contractors working for me or for other contractors that made a big mistake/mess on one of my jobs. I never blindly trusted them to correct that mistake......never even considered it. If obama had experience running something before he became President maybe he would have learned this. :)

Having been a leader in major catastrophes I can tell you if someone offers help, you take it........If you end up not needing it great. If you do need it you are prepared. obama was not prepared.

Maybe he was. What if he knew it wouldn't be capped? You seem to think he has all this awesome power and is free to exercise it. Do you mean there is no power behind him, watching and guiding his every move?
If you do believe that, then you and I live in different worlds, lol. No biggie.

Back