Minn. Judge Rules Teen Must See Cancer Doctor

i agree. it's his life and should be his choice.

really? isn't that a contradiction to your post in first page?

At first I thought its about between the parents and child after learn more and more from the news and posts here. Have you see my 2nd post to Bluebaby´s post after posted article?

I didn´t know at first that they have 8 children, what kind of religious they have, etc until I learn that they are catholic later after my two posts. Catholic belief doesn´t support her claim over herbal issues to save child´s life. I`m catholic and am allow to use any medicials, etc. My parents were allowed to save my life twice when I was little girl. That mother? :roll:

And agree that Daniel should have chemotherapy because his chance to be surive is very good...

What? This doesn't have anything to do with being pro-medical establishment. :roll:

I hope I'm not misinterpreting your posts. It just sounds like you are pro-medical establishment.

I see! So you prefer to go down to alternative medicine FIRST.... and if it doesn't work, then you will try pill/tablets. That's PRECISELY what Hausers parents are doing! They did chemotherapy first and they didn't like it. So they want to try alternative medicine. If it doesn't work, I'm sure they will go back to chemotherapy again.

Why not just mix the two together? If I was going to be having chemotherapy I surely want my MJ with me to combat the side effects from it! :giggle:

I hope I'm not misinterpreting your posts. It just sounds like you are pro-medical establishment.

Why not just mix the two together? If I was going to be having chemotherapy I surely want my MJ with me to combat the side effects from it! :giggle:

Had they been combining alternative medicine with the treatment that has proven efficacy all along, this case would never have seen the light of day.

I have already said Jiro, that religion is not an excuse to hasten your child's death. And whether or not he had 1 round of chemotherapy doesn't have anything to do with anything. They still do not have the right to hasten their own child's death by faliling to provide medical treatment for a fatal illness.

Suppose a parent fed a child one time, and then decided not to feed them again and they died. Did they have the right to decide not to feed the child, even though God told them the child was the spawn of the devil?

This just keeps getting more absurd. I never thought I would see so many people support a parents' right to abuse, neglect, mistreat, and or participate in their child's death.

because you are using wrong example. wrong logic. wrong analogy. This is not about starving the child or sexually-exploiting their child or any such child abuse.

It's THEIR CHOICE to refuse the chemotherapy and to seek alternative medicine. Doctors were absolutely wrong to report them to authority just because they refused the chemotherapy.

Since this is a local story, I will weigh in briefly. I think the court made the right decision.
It seems, again, the battle lines are all too familiar. On one side, we have the logical minded, that feel the court has the right to tell this young man to have the chemotherapy. I am in this group, at least for this subject. On the other side, we have the religious faithful, that place their fates and trust in a Higher Power. Neither side will be able to gain the attention of the other side through debate, so it often becomes a name calling and insult fest, with each side researching for proof. It really keeps most of these debates in an off-limits area for me. I gather I am not alone with these thoughts, either. Maybe I just hate drama....

because you are using wrong example. wrong logic. wrong analogy. This is not about starving the child or sexually-exploiting their child or any such child abuse.

It's THEIR CHOICE to refuse the chemotherapy and to seek alternative medicine. Doctors were absolutely wrong to report them to authority just because they refused the chemotherapy.

Yes, it is. It is about using the guise of religion to neglect and/or abuse a minor. Refusing medical treatment is guaranteed to result in the death of this child. And doctors were not wrong. As a matter of fact, they are legally mandated to report such, and face the loss of their license for not reporting such.

Huh? Can you please tell me where Daniel get those information from when you know that he is an illiterate and can´t search the internet to read himself?

Your link tells itself a lot that Daniel is being brainwashed into beleive that cehmo will kill him but it´s sad that he can´t read... If he can read then he would say that Aspirin can kill, too. Sadly, I can tell that boy have very low self-esteem.

I feel that his parents are involved in child abuse and neglect when they KNEW their son have good chance to be cure. Why runaway for?

wwhhhooaa. aren't you being very judgmental against them? What about the kids learning about creationism instead of evolution? Is that brainwashing too?

wwhhhooaa. aren't you being very judgmental against them? What about the kids learning about creationism instead of evolution? Is that brainwashing too?

Off topic. We already covered this. Learning about creationism doesn't result in the death of a child.

Off topic. We already covered this. Learning about creationism doesn't result in the death of a child.

but I'm referring to Liebling's post. She judged him as brainwashed because of his religions belief and view.

I see! So you prefer to go down to alternative medicine FIRST.... and if it doesn't work, then you will try pill/tablets. That's PRECISELY what Hausers parents are doing! They did chemotherapy first and they didn't like it. So they want to try alternative medicine. If it doesn't work, I'm sure they will go back to chemotherapy again.

Actually if they told me that I have cancer then I would forget herbal to follow doctor´s order. I would go straight way to chemotherapy after surgery instead of try on pill/tablets, herbal etc. After chemotherapy, then take pill/tablet to follow doctor´s order... I :bowdown: doctor who know how to save my life ...

I don´t agree with boy´s parents for doing him because I know the cancer is huge risk.

Had they been combining alternative medicine with the treatment that has proven efficacy all along, this case would never have seen the light of day.

True. Especially if the doctors knew about the alternative therapies that the family was considering and may have been able to assist them in seeking it out. Unfortunately there are too many medical doctors that don't incorporate alternative therapies into their regimen.

:hmm: what about Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes? If they refused chemotherapy because of their Scientology belief.... would this case even see the light of day?

Actually if they told me that I have cancer then I would forget herbal to follow doctor´s order. I would go straight way to chemotherapy after surgery instead of try on pill/tablets, herbal etc. After chemotherapy, then take pill/tablet to follow doctor´s order... I :bowdown: doctor who know how to save my life ...

I don´t agree with boy´s parents for doing him because I know the cancer is huge risk.

I see. I understand. :ty:

but I'm referring to Liebling's post. She judged him as brainwashed because of his religions belief and view.

No, she said he was brainwashed because he is 13 and cannot read. Therefore, he cannot obtain information on his own, nor can he read and sign informed consent. He is illiterate.

True. Especially if the doctors knew about the alternative therapies that the family was considering and may have been able to assist them in seeking it out. Unfortunately there are too many medical doctors that don't incorporate alternative therapies into their regimen.

If the patient wants alternative medicine incorporated into the treatment plan, it is incumbent upon the patient to make that known to the physician.

:hmm: what about Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes? If they refused chemotherapy because of their Scientology belief.... would this case even see the light of day?

If their child was at the verge of death as a result? You bet your azz it would be all over the freakin' papers. Much quicker than a story involving some unknown family in Minnesota.

:confused: I am not here to talk about creationism and evolution but brainwash boy for not take chemotherapy.

Yes, I can judge the parents for brainwash the boy for not take chemotherapy because they know their son CAN´T read. You know that 13 years old children can search via internet to find out cons/pros. Daniel would say this to his parents that apsrin can kill, too.

No, she said he was brainwashed because he is 13 and cannot read. Therefore, he cannot obtain information on his own, nor can he read and sign informed consent. He is illiterate.

the doctors can verbally explain it to him. I'm sure the judge has explained to him behind closed session. he still refused the treatment. I guess we'll just ignore his wish because the judge ruled him as incompetent.

Now I'm wondering how doctors are going to treat him because it's against their ethics to forcibly treat the patient against his will.

Back