michigan newbie

rachie

Reaction score
Wirelessly posted

Hi from the mitten!

100% deaf in left, right sl hoh.

Just trying to find my place ... certainly don't feel like a hearie, but not deaf...

Just hanging out in limbo, looking to connect with some good people!

Wirelessly posted

Hi from the mitten!

100% deaf in left, right sl hoh.

Just trying to find my place ... certainly don't feel like a hearie, but not deaf...

Just hanging out in limbo, looking to connect with some good people!

I have seen this comments too often when they say they don't feel like hearie or hearing but not deaf with other newcomers.

If you are 100% deaf in your left ear but you have hard of hearing in right ear, then you are deaf. I assumed you are wearing hearing aid on your right ear so that you can hear sounds like environment sounds.

How long have you been deaf? :hmm:

My hearing started to go in 2008, and by April of 2010 it was completely gone. I had a tumor on my my vestibular cochlear nerve, so they just ended up cutting the nerve completely in 2010. My hearing has never been awesome due to growing up with a musician Father and GrandFather (often times sleeping next to the amp while he played ... sheesh ... ). :Oops:

I have just recently decided to embrace who I am with this. I am sick of feeling self-conscious about who I was destined to be.

Work is probably my greatest frustration since everyone wears masks (I'm in dental) so lip reading is out most of the time, and my aids always get caught around my mask loops so I tend to not wear them sometimes .... :roll: Luckily, I am a part-timer, and I work alone most of the day.

Thanks to everyone for making me feel like I have a place to be me!

Sedonia would love u! He is a tree hugger too. Welcome

Back