Metals to Avoid Using for Body Piercing

I have heard of some people getting sick from certain metals for body piercing. I thought of this after seeing that weirdo with holes in head posted here .

common sense, any metals that corrode is bad, only surgical steel or real gold to be used.

You should always use surgical steel, gold or silver as Sono said. You should never put anything else in a piercing... I thought everyone knew that.... *facepalm*

You should always use surgical steel, gold or silver as Sono said. You should never put anything else in a piercing... I thought everyone knew that.... *facepalm*

The inexpensive stuff is still sold all over the place. To someone who doesn't understand even basic chemistry, all metals are one and the same. Sad. :roll:

Paparazzi jewelry ... a friend's aunt had one of those online shopping parties on FB selling that junk and I heard a lot of people have allergic reactions to it and that brand even puts "Nickel free" on everything ... and its all made in China and $5 for anything so its hard telling whats in it. Junk.

Don't get me wrong, I like the shiny look of some of that costume jewelry! But that's outer wear and I'd NEVER wear it in a PIERCING! :shock: Jeeze.... :shock:

Titanium is now being used in surgical. I got several titanium metal parts inside my body already. No issue so far. I also have stainless steel inside me, no issue for hmmm 30 years!

common sense, any metals that corrode is bad, only surgical steel or real gold to be used.

Wrong , silver earrings with nickel can cause allergy . I brought some silver earring and could not wear them b/c they had nickel in them . I heard on the news people are getting sick from body piercing b/c they're using sliver with nickel in it. If there is no nickel in the sliver I can wear the earrings. I did not know I had an allergy to nickel until I wore my new earrings for awhile.

Whoa, she wasn't referring silver with nickel, just pure silver. Nickel can cause allergic reaction.

Nickel is one of cheapest and lousy metal.

Wrong , silver earrings with nickel can cause allergy . I brought some silver earring and could not wear them b/c they had nickel in them . I heard on the news people are getting sick from body piercing b/c they're using sliver with nickel in it. If there is no nickel in the sliver I can wear the earrings. I did not know I had an allergy to nickel until I wore my new earrings for awhile.

Two teenagers decided to lace mercury in cigarettes and smoke it! That was back in 80's and unfortunately they didn't live long afterwards.

As for lead, once gets in human body, it will NEVER come out.

As for Mercury, it is very highly restrictive materials, meaning it is almost impossible to get mercury legally, but for lead, it was close to being highly restrictive but EPA decided not to do so due to ammo requirements.

Seriously, Mercury is AWESOME metal! Very awesome! But, its vapor, unfortunately is very lethal.

Mercury and lead for sure.. :p

Whoa, she wasn't referring silver with nickel, just pure silver. Nickel can cause allergic reaction.

Nickel is one of cheapest and lousy metal.

Wrong , some sliver will have nickel in it . After I found out I could not wear this kind of silver I had to asked if the earring had any nickel in them. My earrings where silver with nickel in them.

http://elarsen797.hubpages.com/hub/nickelfreebelts

No, silver has its own atom properties in pure form, often they used nickel to make it stronger AND cheaper. Silver in pure form is very expensive, I think 350 dollars an ounce of silver. Its atom name is AG, you can find in periodic table of the Element. Just like gold, it has its own atom properties and that is FE I think.

Oh sorry it is not $350, its about 22 dollars an ounce right now.

Silver Facts - Periodic Table of the Elements

Also, nickel (Ni) itself has its own atom properties too, they can mix with silver or separated.

Wrong , some sliver will have nickel in it . After I found out I could not wear this kind of silver I had to asked if the earring had any nickel in them. My earrings where silver with nickel in them.

Nickel Allergy and Sterling Silver

No, silver has its own atom properties in pure form, often they used nickel to make it stronger AND cheaper. Silver in pure form is very expensive, I think 350 dollars an ounce of silver. Its atom name is AG, you can find in periodic table of the Element. Just like gold, it has its own atom properties and that is FE I think.

Oh sorry it is not $350, its about 22 dollars an ounce right now.

Silver Facts - Periodic Table of the Elements

Also, nickel (Ni) itself has its own atom properties too, they can mix with silver or separated.

I had earrings that where all sliver and very bend very easy , I really like them . They shaped like a snake and when right through my ears.

Yeah, silver is very soft, but somewhat harder than gold. Often silver and gold mix with other element to make it stronger, like nickel, Alloy, etc. Some of metals that one should never mix, otherwise it will be lethal. For instance there thermites, it will melt steel easily. Very violent and very hot.

I had earrings that where all sliver and very bend very easy , I really like them . They shaped like a snake and when right through my ears.

Back