met online and had sex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two consenting adults agreeing to have sex is not immoral....
To be honest, it is if they aren't married to each other.

I certainly wouldn't call someone a whore for doing that, though.

Not in this day and age.
Morality doesn't depend on "day and age."

An action can become accepted in certain societies over a period of time but that doesn't make it a moral action.

From Dictionary.com:

mo·ral·i·ty   [muh-ral-i-tee, maw-] Show IPA
noun, plural -ties for 4–6.
1. conformity to the rules of right conduct; moral or virtuous conduct.
2. moral quality or character.
3. virtue in sexual matters; chastity.
4. a doctrine or system of morals.
5. moral instruction; a moral lesson, precept, discourse, or utterance.

mor·al   [mawr-uhl, mor-] Show IPA
adjective
1. of, pertaining to, or concerned with the principles or rules of right conduct or the distinction between right and wrong; ethical: moral attitudes.
2. expressing or conveying truths or counsel as to right conduct, as a speaker or a literary work; moralizing: a moral novel.
3. founded on the fundamental principles of right conduct rather than on legalities, enactment, or custom: moral obligations.
4. capable of conforming to the rules of right conduct: a moral being.
5. conforming to the rules of right conduct ( opposed to immoral): a moral man.

im·mo·ral·i·ty   [im-uh-ral-i-tee, im-aw-] Show IPA
noun, plural -ties.
1. immoral quality, character, or conduct; wickedness; evilness.
2. sexual misconduct.
3. an immoral act.

im·mor·al   [ih-mawr-uhl, ih-mor-] Show IPA
adjective
1. violating moral principles; not conforming to the patterns of conduct usually accepted or established as consistent with principles of personal and social ethics.
2. licentious or lascivious.

Wirelessly posted

Yeah. The universe is so big, we are all insignificiant specks.
Specks? Materially, yes.

Insignificant? As individuals, no.

The world is bigger than you think it is.....

Lordy... I'm talking about America. In our society, generally speaking, it is more and more accepted for women to have premarital sex and the fact that women have sexual needs too is becoming scientifically acknowledged more and more every day.

I will just repost my original argument, which I believe says everything that needs to be said:

Come on, guys. Can we give the girl a break? Yes, it was stupid but do we really need to resort to petty insults? You don't know her background. Maybe the OP is really lonely and has a hard time finding romance and just needs her basic, primal urges sated.

And let's be brutally honest here: if this were a man who had a one-night stand with a woman and the woman left him, we would be sympathetic.. There would be NO name-calling. Double standards, anyone?! How many of us can say we didn't do something equally or more idiotic? I bet more than half of us made out with a stranger we met at a bar... Probably even went further than that.

He who is without sin can cast the first stone. My point? Back off mayalice, you bunch of judgmental, hypocritical asses.

Morality doesn't depend on "day and age."

An action can become accepted in certain societies over a period of time but that doesn't make it a moral action.

Well said. What someone else may feel is morally correct does not deter my own version of morality.

I recall early TV shows (Father Knows Best) with married couples having twin beds. That might have been a bit extreme of a moral example, but it certainly was not realistic. However, not every person appreciates the more amorous TV couples of today, either.

Wirelessly posted

Don't distort.

Just like how most humans are blissfully unaware of the ants they are stepping on, the Milky Way is also unconcious of our existence as well.

Whether or not if individuals are unique or special has no bearing and is merely a self-centric view.

Lordy... I'm talking about America. In our society, generally speaking, it is more and more accepted for women to have premarital sex and the fact that women have sexual needs too is becoming scientifically acknowledged more and more every day.

I will just repost my original argument, which I believe says everything that needs to be said:

That is fine for YOU. Don't tell me I need to respond to my genitals when they are asking for attention.

Lordy... I'm talking about America.
I am, too, since it's part of the world.

In our society, generally speaking, it is more and more accepted for women to have premarital sex . . .
That may be true but that doesn't make it moral.

. . . and the fact that women have sexual needs too is becoming scientifically acknowledged more and more every day.
I'm not denying that, and no one had to wait for science to catch up with that fact. However, that doesn't make every "consensual adult" sexual behavior a moral behavior.

Certainly no one here should be called names or picked on by other members. We all have our closeted skeletons and baggage to bear, whatever the kind.

That is fine for YOU. Don't tell me I need to respond to my genitals when they are asking for attention.

The original poster is not even promiscuous. Anyone can grab a random person at a bar. She didn't. She talked to this person for MONTHS before trusting him.

Many women don't just sleep with random strangers anyway.

Wirelessly posted

Don't distort.

Just like how most humans are blissfully unaware of the ants they are stepping on, the Milky Way is also unconcious of our existence as well.
The Milky Way isn't a conscious being, so it's not even conscious of itself. You can't compare humans with objects.

Whether or not if individuals are unique or special has no bearing and is merely a self-centric view.
It would be self-centric if it was only about self but considering other people to be important is not focusing on self.

The original poster is not even promiscuous. Anyone can grab a random person at a bar. She didn't. She talked to this person for MONTHS before trusting him.

And that is fine for HER. Trying to change the meaning as I interpret a word is my only issue here.

The Milky Way isn't a conscious being, so it's not even conscious of itself. You can't compare humans with objects.

It would be self-centric if it was only about self but considering other people to be important is not focusing on self.

That is the biggest load of self-contradiction from you on this forum so far.

So only Christian values determine what moral ethical right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back