Messed up situation at work. Need some thoughts.

Haha, you just made that up from thin air....

No ,it not made up ! People called out on it by the Moderators .

d-geek if your g/f get upset with your phone flashing would she be willing to tell when your phone is ringing while at home ? If it bug her that much she should being working with you
solve this.

Do you wear a HA ? If yes when you have to turn the volume up do you tell each person what you're doing ??? I had to turn my HA up all the time
when I was health aide and I did not tell my clients this. One reason was I did not want people to start yelling at me when they realize I was HOH. Maybe you're jealous that are not as assertive a d-geek .

I am sure even you know the difference between HA and the cell phone.

Nobody will bat an eye at someone fiddling with their HA's, glasses, artificial leg or whatever obvious medical device while anyone might feel offended at whoever is using their cellphone during conversation or presentation or taking wedding vows or funeral or whenever they shouldn't.
Since hearing people are not aware a cellphone can be a part of a medical equipment, it's just a common sense to let them know beforehand.
Otherwise somebody may blow their gasket, hmm.

Do you have to explain connection CI-cell every time? no, "have to" of course not but it is polite to do so is up to you.

I can't help but observe how the good manners are on the terrible decline.
people feel they "don't have to do anything". well then, then they shouldn't be surprised why one blue day "a jerk" is throwing a pissy hissy temper tantrum about a cell phone being pulled out during a presentation.

BTW, the management said it clearly - D-geek could have handled it better.
meaning what he did wasn't that bad but wasn't that great either. just way better than the guy who lost his temper and was fired.
If that doesn't speak for itself, then I don't know what would.

Fuzzy

Who knows.. sometimes separation and keeping the relationship works for some people. But sounds like there are other issues not related to living in the same space that may never work out. Either way do what makes you comfortable and happy in the long run.

I was thinking that if I got her out it would be easier to break up with her if that’s what it came to. Right after I cooked this morning she started with my new 3D printer and what table I was going to put it on in my shop. I just could not tell her it is to big for a table and sits on the floor. When she moves out she is going to turn off the cable (the only bill she pays) and wanted to know what I would do with out it. After thinking I told her I would wear my CI and HA a lot less.

Mikemike. Thanks for the link. I will look at it more once I get my work started for the day.

Truly Fuzzy I know what your saying.
But every situation you run into in life is different. I acted to what was happening at the time and to how my company treated the issues at hand. With being at work and him working for the company I was only to assume the outcome, but instead made an ass out of both of us.

I told HR it's kinda like the word “drink”. All most everyone drinks to supply there bodies with fluids to keep there body functioning. Butt when talking to cops they think a “drink” is an alcoholic beverage. My reaction was based off my location and what was happening at the time.

I am sure even you know the
Nobody will bat an eye at someone fiddling with their HA's, glasses, artificial leg or whatever obvious medical device while anyone might feel offended at whoever is using their cellphone during conversation or presentation or taking wedding vows or funeral or whenever they shouldn't.
Since hearing people are not aware a cellphone can be a part of a medical equipment, it's just a common sense to let them know beforehand.
Otherwise somebody may blow their gasket, hmm.

Do you have to explain connection CI-cell every time? no, "have to" of course not but it is polite to do so is up to you.

I can't help but observe how the good manners are on the terrible decline.
people feel they "don't have to do anything". well then, then they shouldn't be surprised why one blue day "a jerk" is throwing a pissy hissy temper tantrum about a cell phone being pulled out during a presentation.

BTW, the management said it clearly - D-geek could have handled it better.
meaning what he did wasn't that bad but wasn't that great either. just way better than the guy who lost his temper and was fired.
If that doesn't speak for itself, then I don't know what would.

Fuzzy

Yes I DO THE DIFFERNCE FROM CELL PHONE AND HA! That was not want I was saying and you should had know that . I would love to know if the
'management ' is HOH or deaf . If they're not then they have no idea what it like dealing with the hearing public. If the person was hearing I would want to had asked how do they know if I could had handle it better when they're not hoh or deaf. I feel a hearing person can't put their self in a deaf or hoh place
and say how they should had acted !

The owner has the in-canal HA's. He has had them for the 6 years I have known him, I know we had a discussion about it 6 years ago when I was hired, but don't remember what he said. The operations manager and a couple of the lower managers are HOH. The rest of the management are hearing.

I did ask them what I should of done differently and they did not have any suggestions.

The owner has the in-canal HA's. He has had them for the 6 years I have known him, I know we had a discussion about it 6 years ago when I was hired, but don't remember what he said. The operations manager and a couple of the lower managers are HOH. The rest of the management are hearing.

I did ask them what I should of done differently and they did not have any suggestions.

So why do they feel you should had handled this differently if they had no suggestions ?? If someone is going complain about the way you handled this that person should at least have some suggestions for you . So in other words you really did not wrong.

Back