Meningitis-CI Users

TrippLA said:
CI is too loud, not hear so normal, unlike hearing aid, nothing to cure my life and too much money to spent. I had serious problem with dizzy like became sick at LA middle school and I'm decided to quit wear CI when I was in freshmen. It's won't my mom fault but doctor forced some kids to get CI for discount cost.

I'm active with hearing aid, not all children are so.

Wow, you're actually the FIRST one on this forum who actually doesn't like to wear the CI as far as I've been a member here....

^Angel^ said:
Wow, you're actually the FIRST one on this forum who actually doesn't like to wear the CI as far as I've been a member here....

No, TrippLA is not only one who is not happy with CI. I know some of ADers around here who are not happy with CI. ADers stated how they felt about CI somewhere here and also other forum as well.

shut up to everyone that discuss about my formerly CI. :pissed:

I'm get out of here...

Liebling:-))) said:
No, TrippLA is not only one who is not happy with CI. I know some of ADers around here who are not happy with CI. ADers stated how they felt about CI somewhere here and also other forum as well.

TrippLA said:
shut up to everyone that discuss about my formerly CI. :pissed:

I'm get out of here...

Did I say something wrong here?.. :dunno:

I don't go to other forums, I'm talking about here and maybe I haven't read or have missed a few posts or so....

^Angel^ said:
Pardon me? how am I embarrassing you?...

I already told u... u said that I'm only one person who hate CI.

You hurts my feeling. :(

TrippLA said:
I already told u... u said that I'm only one person who hate CI.

You hurts my feeling. :(

I didn't say " hate " I said " doesn't like to wear the CI " , if you feel that I hurt your feelings then I apologize, I had no intend to hurt anyone's feelings...

^Angel^ said:
I didn't say " hate " I said " doesn't like to wear the CI " , if you feel that I hurt your feelings then I apologize, I had no intend to hurt anyone's feelings...

I accept ur apologize and good nite.

Peace

TrippLA, Angel only wondering why you don't like CI. It's not purpose of Angel to upset you but wondering. We would love to hear your story why you are not happy with CI. I will respect you if you dont' want to talk about this.

Yes, I already received unhappy stories from CI users here, other forums and in real life. I would not say ALL but most who are unhappy because they were being forced by their parents to CI surgery when they were children.

^Angel^ said:
I don't go to other forums, I'm talking about here and maybe I haven't read or have missed a few posts or so....

Yes, I know you didn't go to other forums but here. I only want to tell you that ADers post here. I thought you might remember it.. Yes, I realized that you went away to Cook Off and missed posts here. Next time, I will paste or link for you if there're interesting posts because I know you would interesting, like what you made your thread here...

I doesn't mean to upset you over TrippLA but let you know. I wasn't realized that TrippLA upset you after my post...

Before things go out of hand here in this thread....obviously misinterpreting wordings within posts do happen from time to time--

For instances, the word-- 'first' was used and that doesn't mean: 'only'--let's be clear on that--ok?!

~RR

Last edited:
Yes, I know you didn't go to other forums but here. I only want to tell you that ADers post here. I thought you might remember it.. Yes, I realized that you went away to Cook Off and missed posts here. Next time, I will paste or link for you if there're interesting posts because I know you would interesting, like what you made your thread here...

Thank you Liebling :hug:

Liebling said:
I doesn't mean to upset you over TrippLA but let you know. I wasn't realized that TrippLA upset you after my post...

Oh no, you didn't upset me at all, it just that a few have misunderstood my post cause I never said " only " I said " the first one ", but that's okay sweetie :)

EditOpps, sorry for the off-topic here :angel:

Boult said:
Cheri already provided the FDA link

and here's few;
http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/m/meningitis/deaths.htm

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000608.htm

that's higher than those death from meningitis post ci-surgery

I remember from read Deaf news of between 2003 and 2004 that 100 people died of meningitis after CI surgery. I guess it is not just Germany, but other countries. I remember an exactly that 3 babies/toddlers died after CI surgery here in Germany after read Deaf news.

I began notice that websites give out positive information about CI than negative... It look like that they hide negative information where the people died of meningitis after CI surgery. I tried German and English websites but I can't find but I did linked the proof at DL forum at 2 years ago. I wish to save the link but I never thought that DL closed down. :(

I rather to listen people in real life what they have good or bad experiences with CI. It doesn't mean that I'm an anti-CI because I do not agree to implant babies and toddlers with CI.

I know about meningitis risk after CI surgery that's why I rather to have risk free is wear them HA until they are old enough to understand about pros and cons then............

LIke what I say in my opinion: Don't blame Cochlears Implant who hurt Deaf Culture but doctors and Scientists. It's them who influence people negative about deaf culture.

^Angel^ said:
Thank you Liebling :hug:

Oh no, you didn't upset me at all, it just that a few have misunderstood my post cause I never said " only " I said " the first one ", but that's okay sweetie :)

EditOpps, sorry for the off-topic here :angel:

Yes, I know :hug:

Mod Note:

:bump:

'New' thread was created out of another thread that bears no specific relation to the 'other' topic of that thread. ;)

^Angel^ said:
Where did you hear that some children die from being implanted with CI?...

Angel-

My husband can access to the FDA information because he works with the doctors, clinical trials, etc. He saw the informations about CI. Yes, this is true that some children died from being implanted with CI because of the meningitis. And unfortunately, there are many bad news about CI like dizzy, etc. Some other people are okay with their CIs. My husband works for the great reputation pharmacetuical company and one of the largest company.

He is clinical prinicipal statistician. Right now, he works on the babies and children with heart - blood pressure, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back