Meningitis-CI Users

Momoftwo said:
Angel-

My husband can access to the FDA information because he works with the doctors, clinical trials, etc. He saw the informations about CI. Yes, this is true that some children died from being implanted with CI because of the meningitis. And unfortunately, there are many bad news about CI like dizzy, etc. Some other people are okay with their CIs. My husband works for the great reputation pharmacetuical company and one of the largest company.

He is clinical prinicipal statistician. Right now, he works on the babies and children with heart - blood pressure, etc.
My father-in-law died 2 weeks ago. In december he got blood-poisning throughout his whole body. Miraculously he survived but after 3 more encounterd he passed away.

The sceptis - as it is called - is commen for people that have dental work done. Bacteria enter the bloodstream and atttack the immume-system, destroying all organs.
A doctor told us that my father-inlaw was lucky to survive the first scepsis. He recently had a young, 25-y.o. man come in after a wisdom tooth was pulled. He developed the scepsis - and dies within 2 days.

There is a measure of risk with ANY surgery. You have to realistically weigh risks against benefits. You have a MUCH larger risk (thousands of times more) being killed driving home from work than you do of dying of meningitis because of a CI implant.

Back