Meet the Adult Baby: Man With Infantalism

Funny. I am about 260 pounds. I only have a BMI of 24.

I have some fat on me, but im not obese, at 260.

I can think of a couple variables that would affect your BMI. One is height and the other one is muscle mass. Muscle is heavier than fat and if you have a lot of muscle mass, you may weigh more than your ideal weight but still be healthy.

Uhhh...ok. Whatever rocks his boat. If my hubby demanded that from me, I would say get the hell out! :lol:

Your husband sent me this video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6Pg0yDsaII]YouTube - Tim Minchin - If you really loved me *Lyrics*[/ame]

I am guessing that this man want to get away from the stress of the day. I could see how he would feel carefree if he acts like a baby.

That is just my guess. I would be interested in what Jillio said.

Not captioned is it?

Im sure if national geo has it on ita site or if it plays again om that channel it would have cc.. Im just more or less trying to make a point that if you havent seen the show u dont know the whole story amd his background so ppl shouldnt judge just like we dont like to be judged before people know us

It is a total fetish whether he wants to believe it or not, If you google it theres TONS of people just like him out there. A lot of people go through things but it doesn't mean we want to sit in our own crap and wear a diaper all day. He has issues and needs a therapist, the first thing he needs to admit is ITS A FETISH then deal with the other crap.

It is a total fetish whether he wants to believe it or not, If you google it theres TONS of people just like him out there. A lot of people go through things but it doesn't mean we want to sit in our own crap and wear a diaper all day. He has issues and needs a therapist, the first thing he needs to admit is ITS A FETISH then deal with the other crap.

Yup there was an "adult baby" murdered on CSI a few years ago

Believe it or not, he is not the only person who suffers from this particular problem. There have been a few case studies done. It is a combination of dependent personality disorder and several neuroses.

As much as his mental health is concerned, I am also concerned about the people in his life who allow this to continue. There are some very strange dynamics going on there.

Believe it or not, he is not the only person who suffers from this particular problem. There have been a few case studies done. It is a combination of dependent personality disorder and several neuroses.

As much as his mental health is concerned, I am also concerned about the people in his life who allow this to continue. There are some very strange dynamics going on there.
Yeah, there are certainly some enablers in this person's life. You can't just treat the person; you'd have to treat them all. Or seperate them so they don't feed each others' neuroses.

I learn the most amazing things from CSI, and am convinced I must be living a sheltered life to never have known this stuff before. One of the strangest was the "furry convention," where people dressed up in costumes as furry animals for the sexual thrill of it. I did not know such a group existed before I was educated by CSI.

The writers on that show must have a blast figuring out newer and stranger social backgrounds for the victims and killers every week.

Yeah, there are certainly some enablers in this person's life. You can't just treat the person; you'd have to treat them all. Or seperate them so they don't feed each others' neuroses.

Systems theory. He just serves as the crucible. Fact is, all of his family/friends beat responsibility and have their own issues they need to be dealing with.

I remember that episode

I learn the most amazing things from CSI, and am convinced I must be living a sheltered life to never have known this stuff before. One of the strangest was the "furry convention," where people dressed up in costumes as furry animals for the sexual thrill of it. I did not know such a group existed before I was educated by CSI.

The writers on that show must have a blast figuring out newer and stranger social backgrounds for the victims and killers every week.

I agree that it's amazing CSI franchises especially Las Vegas has created an awareness of such things.

I guess this is part of the circle of life. We are born utterly helpless and need to be swaddled and suckled in our infancy, then again at the end of our days. I sort of feel sorry for these folk, though.

I watched this the other day with captions. He doesn't actually have a job - he draws a disability check for a mental disorder but he is an 'accomplished handyman'. Apparently he's done handyman work under the table in his local area and is often recommended. Sounds like this guy is capable of functioning as a normal human being but flat refuses to. I think he needs to be taken to a mental facility, fully evaluated and put in a program that can properly teach him how to deal with life. His room mate needs to be seeing counselor and put on a medication regimen for her depression. These two should NOT be allowed to room together, EVER. Their living situation only exacerbates their poor mental state and further sends them spiraling downward. They don't need 'Taboo', they need 'Intervention'.

Back