Media Center Edition 2005's "DVR2WMA" won't work CC

deafclimber said:
hmm ? did u click on "watch" button in that my movie to watch the movie after you select the movies from your hdd. i have about 20 dvd movies on my hdd and i did set up the informations with pictures of the movie posters and i did put those posters that are linked directly to my files of dvd movies on my hdd *bingo* that is all. you can go to 'my movies' and look for a poster that you want to watch your favorite movie. click on that. it gets you to the movie. there u go and enjoy watching the movie. it is just awesome. it has a parent control program which is perfect for my daughter because i have several rated-r movies on hdd and i dont want her to select wrong one so she can select the kids moves from my hdd.

I understand, buy DVD and put history, I have 300 DVD player

rhr said:
I understand, buy DVD and put history, I have 300 DVD player

300 dvd players ? that is quiet alot of electronics. ;) i believe u meant 300 dvd movies, correct ? :)

deafclimber said:
300 dvd players ? that is quiet alot of electronics. ;) i believe u meant 300 dvd movies, correct ? :)

yes, I have DVD about 170 title and 130 is empty slot like Jukebox

I show you website new 400 DVD hold, it is old,
Sony 400-Disc DVD/SA-CD/CD Mega Charger DVP-CX995V with BurnCD/DVD!!! 720p/1080i too! I am jealous!

you go www.sony.com and search
becuae URL can't long text on this

sonydisc: that is not bad idea, but it is little too bulky for me..

i think i like MediaGate MG-35 better because it can accepts format VOB movies when the movies are streamed from PC to TV even it is better than any extender because those extenders has limit formats such as MPG1/2, WMV, WMA, etc. MG-35 can support more formats such as XVID, DIVX, VOB, Dolby Digital and more through the network. its price starts at 199.00.
network400.jpg

http://www.shop4tech.com/user.htm?go=view_item&id=4275&cata=&s_cata=

deafclimber said:

i think i like MediaGate MG-35 better because it can accepts format VOB movies when the movies are streamed from PC to TV even it is better than any extender because those extenders has limit formats such as MPG1/2, WMV, WMA, etc. MG-35 can support more formats such as XVID, DIVX, VOB, Dolby Digital and more through the network. its price starts at 199.00.
network400.jpg

I understand you talk about Media Center Extender, I don't know, I don't have it yet ... I look it cool

I wish Jukebox 400 dvd server to PC or Extender ha
if you want dvd into h.d. about 8.5gb per hour for high qty

I look Fair about 300-400 hours, high qty is 66, they are 200GB
HD that I found MCE2005 have show how many size

yea that is what i have xbox extender that makes me to convert VOB to MPG2. i wish xbox extender accepts format divx or better quality format like VOB. neverless to say, xbox extender is just cool to have it because i can show some photos to my family in living room instead of them to come to see those photos on PC in office or bedroom, ya know.

yea i plan to make my old pc into media server with 3 or 4 250 gbs SATA hdds.
one guy has 500 dvds server at his home that requires 500 watts power ! not 220 or not 115 watts ! lol.

check that - http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10167_7-6282556-2.html?tag=smgif

that is what i like to have his idea as well as other ppl who have media servers at homes.

deafclimber said:
yea that is what i have xbox extender that makes me to convert VOB to MPG2. i wish xbox extender accepts format divx or better quality format like VOB. neverless to say, xbox extender is just cool to have it because i can show some photos to my family in living room instead of them to come to see those photos on PC in office or bedroom, ya know.

one guy has 500 dvds server at his home that requires 500 watts power ! not 220 or not 115 watts ! lol.

that is what i like to have his idea as well as other ppl who have media servers at homes.

wow 500-DVD (5 x 250gb) too high watt!
hey if you have two H.D. better Raid 0 becuase

exp. C: 200gb d: 200gb = 400 gb and speed 100 or 133
if you use raid 0 = only one c: and two 200gb = 400gb will double speed than 100/133

I know Raid than network and movie

next year... will new Intel make very low watt,

I have Linksys NAS 80GB and mini-cpu very low watt can add up 500gb!

I use remote desktop to windowsxp MCE2005 becuase I not read on TV. remote desktop for upgrade, install, etc.., not remote desktop for I use MCE2005 for movie, weather, relex

what is about raid 5 ? if i have three or more hdds, ppl suggest to have raid 5. i saw some info that there is UN-raid NAS. i think it is interesting...

deafclimber said:

network400.jpg

Shop4tech.com is great. I order it lot for dvd blank and cheap sometime newegg.com

Wow IT don't know what OEM and M$'s policy. What the NEAT!

IT don't know that upgrade, full, and OEM MUST have

Oh right he rookie IT so I get it.

rhr said:
wow 500-DVD (5 x 250gb) too high watt!
hey if you have two H.D. better Raid 0 becuase

exp. C: 200gb d: 200gb = 400 gb and speed 100 or 133
if you use raid 0 = only one c: and two 200gb = 400gb will double speed than 100/133

I know Raid than network and movie

next year... will new Intel make very low watt,

I have Linksys NAS 80GB and mini-cpu very low watt can add up 500gb!

I use remote desktop to windowsxp MCE2005 becuase I not read on TV. remote desktop for upgrade, install, etc.., not remote desktop for I use MCE2005 for movie, weather, relex

100/133 what? U mean 100 MB/SEC.

I hate to said that. There is NO 100/133 for SATA and SATA II.

And I already install RAID 0 with 2x 36GB @ 10k rpm
That's pretty run QUICK.

Open Photoshop CS2 in less than 3 sec.

deafclimber said:
what is about raid 5 ? if i have three or more hdds, ppl suggest to have raid 5. i saw some info that there is UN-raid NAS. i think it is interesting...

Yes. RAID 5 is good for server.

RAID 0 is bad idea for DVD. Once hd fail then u lost everything! It is not a "True" RAID because it is NOT fault-tolerant.

RAID 0 is best for gamer, edit video, edit image only.

deafclimber said:

:sigh:

HDD is around 8-15 watts depents brand of hdd and speed.
http://www.westerndigital.com/en/products/Products.asp?DriveID=121

500 watts is not just for 4-5 hdds.

300GB @ 7200 rpm x 5 = 1.5TB and 45 Watts.

Cnet is not always right. I remember my geek friend told me cnet is full of BS and make up writter. That's happen 2-3 years ago. So later I read cnet from ur link and I really disagree at writter.

deafclimber said:

hey deafclimber, I remember my friend bought new laptop, he want copy many dvd into laptop for trevel, he tired not work, he get freeware DVD Shrink ( http://www.dvdshrink.org ). I know it is illegal, but must own dvd, he is happy watch on laptop in airplace! maybe work server to your bedroom?

rhr said:
hey deafclimber, I remember my friend bought new laptop, he want copy many dvd into laptop for trevel, he tired not work, he get freeware DVD Shrink ( http://www.dvdshrink.org ). I know it is illegal, but must own dvd, he is happy watch on laptop in airplace! maybe work server to your bedroom?

What 100/133?

rhr said:

thanks. i already have it for a long time. also i use DVD Decryter and DVDFab Decryter.

i thought :dunno: u knew that i have talked about media network in AD like i ripped those DVDs to hdd and use 'mymovies' to program the movies for MCE then. when i am in MCE i can select any movie to watch so the movie can be streamed from PC to tv instead of getting DVD then put DVD into DVD player and go back to sit and watch and if i dont like that movie then i have to walk to dvd player to replace it for other dvd movie then back to sit and watch... etc...

but my movie in mce is very easy to use. u can sit and relax and select any movie within a sec and enjoy watching. if u change ur mind and want to see another movie. my movie can get u another movie quickly instead of walking to find DVDs on shelves in other room.

my laptop doesnt have MCE and using Windows Media Player or Cyber PowerDVD or WinDVD program, i can watch the movie streamed on my laptop from PC in my office throught wireless network while i eat my supper in kitchen.

i have some posts somewhere in AD that i have talking about these DVD movies on my HDD that can be streamed from pc to tv or pc to laptop or any extender. plus i have talked about media server somewhere in posts but no one seems having these tech stuffs like media NAS or media server. not many ppl reply some questions about media network stuffs at home.. it is just too new to us (not really to me).

i am very much interested to make my old pc into a media server. i might use FreeBSD then might set up the NASLite+ server program. if i happen to get new used mobo for server then i plan to use xp to make raid 5. i get different ideas from movie freaks ideas from AVSForum.com and other several media networking forums.

sorry it is really off topic.

Neo said:
Yes. RAID 5 is good for server.

RAID 0 is bad idea for DVD. Once hd fail then u lost everything! It is not a "True" RAID because it is NOT fault-tolerant.

RAID 0 is best for gamer, edit video, edit image only.

yes i agree about Raid 5. i have some talks with my friends who are network admistrators and other cyber friends online. plus many geeks recommend RAID 5 is the better for media network at home. that is what i plan to build it one day and put it in my basement or garage. i plan to wire CAT5 ethernet cables to some rooms in house for tv onlyt his spring.

Neo said:
:sigh:

HDD is around 8-15 watts depents brand of hdd and speed.
http://www.westerndigital.com/en/products/Products.asp?DriveID=121

500 watts is not just for 4-5 hdds.

300GB @ 7200 rpm x 5 = 1.5TB and 45 Watts.

Cnet is not always right. I remember my geek friend told me cnet is full of BS and make up writter. That's happen 2-3 years ago. So later I read cnet from ur link and I really disagree at writter.

wait a min. it is not CNET.com's story. it is the server owner's showing off tech stuff story.

read that story again carefully.

the geek's story - "I built a 5-terabyte media server with 20 250GB hard drives--it uses a pair of 500-watt power supplies and has 12 fans running full blast to keep cool. It stores more than 500 of my DVDs, categorized by title, director etc., which it streams to my home-theater PC over a gigabit Ethernet connection."

deafclimber said:
wait a min. it is not CNET.com's story. it is the server owner's showing off tech stuff story.

read that story again carefully.

the geek's story - "I built a 5-terabyte media server with 20 250GB hard drives--it uses a pair of 500-watt power supplies and has 12 fans running full blast to keep cool. It stores more than 500 of my DVDs, categorized by title, director etc., which it streams to my home-theater PC over a gigabit Ethernet connection."

Yeah. Damn rhr! He is one who said "5" So it confuse me with number already.

Let me do math again.

300GBx20 = 6TB and 180 Watts
120mm Fan is around 5watts = 60 Watts

Total 240watts

I have no idea what motherboard and CPU that they have. They are all depents watts.

deafclimber said:
yes i agree about Raid 5. i have some talks with my friends who are network admistrators and other cyber friends online. plus many geeks recommend RAID 5 is the better for media network at home. that is what i plan to build it one day and put it in my basement or garage. i plan to wire CAT5 ethernet cables to some rooms in house for tv onlyt his spring.

Right now CAT6 is more cheaper than Cat5

I bought CAT6 14" for $8. It's good for future-proof.

I installed whole wire CAT5e inside wall from upstair to basment. It's take me almost 4 hours for that. Now everything work great. My server computer is at basement and my computer is at upstair. It's happen almost 2 years ago.

Neo said:
What 100/133?

you don't know you know EIDE 33? 66? 100? 133? 150? 300? they are DMA speed Double Raid 0 fast than DMA100 or DMA133

Back