Meat Loaf Luvers

Chrysanthe

Reaction score
Hmm.. Im curious how do you make meat loaf? There are different kinds of meat loaf. The ingreidents I usually use ground beef or ground turkey, onions, bread crumbs, my own seasonings, and 1 or 2 eggs... it is very simple for me to make.

Some people use taco seasoning, worchestier sauce, and ranch. What do you use?

I made meat loaf last Sunday for my girls. I think it was the best meat loaf I ever made and the girls agreed too :bowdown: :giggle:

For that meat loaf, I used 2 lbs. ground sirlion beef, 1 egg, one meat loaf seasoning packet, 1 egg, 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs, tons of chopped onions/red bell peppers/garlic cloves (yes it was very garlicky!), seasonings and 1 cup of barbeque sauce.

It came out really delicious if somewhat spicy!

I make many different types of meatloafs but this recipe is what my girls like the best since it has bbq sauce in it.

Ahhhhh...did someone say: 'meatloaf'? Ohhh, it's not ^Angel^...she makes good meatloaf...she uses a few different items for her meatloaf. In the past, (before I met her) I've used: onions, crackers (both inside and sprinkle crushed crackers on top), any steak sauce like A-1, 1 egg, ketchup (both inside and spread on top) and of course ground beef....and wait...wait....then chow down when it's done cooking! Mmmmm....

Now you're making me hungryyyyyy.... :lol:

~RR

Last edited:
Amish Meatloaf

* 2 pounds ground beef
* 2 1/2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 2 eggs
* 3/4 cup ketchup
* 1/4 cup brown sugar
* 2 slices bacon (I cooked it and crumble since EVERYONE wanted the piece of bacon!!! So that was my idea instead of slices)

* 1 cup ketchup
* 2 tablespoons vinegar
* 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
* 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
* 1/2 cup brown sugar

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, mix together ground beef, crushed crackers, onion, eggs, 3/4 cup ketchup, and 1/4 cup brown sugar until well blended. Press into a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Lay the two slices of bacon over the top.
3. Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until cooked through. While the loaf bakes, mix together the remaining 1 cup ketchup, vinegar, salt, mustard and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Spread over the top of the meat loaf for the last 15 minutes of baking.

Other one I usually make it and my son go nut over it.

2 lbs ground beef
1 cup Italain bread crumbs
1 or 2 eggs
1/4 cup of ketchup
few dashes of Worchester sauce
1 onion, diced, sauteed
salt and pepper

shredded cheese, salsa, bacon bits, BBQ sauce (can be anything you like to put on topping) at near end of cooking

Pre heat oven at 350

Mix them up well. And spray muffin tin pan (two of them)

make a round ball and press with small glass in the muffin tin, repeat till meats is all in the muffin tins

Cook them for 1/2 hour or till meat is done and add the toppings and cook another 5 min or till cheese is melted.

(I got that idea from magainze about a year ago) I don't like Top Stove stuffing so I replaced that to bread crumb. It worked fine.

Hmm.. Im curious how do you make meat loaf? There are different kinds of meat loaf. The ingreidents I usually use ground beef or ground turkey, onions, bread crumbs, my own seasonings, and 1 or 2 eggs... it is very simple for me to make.

Some people use taco seasoning, worchestier sauce, and ranch. What do you use?

I put bread crumbs italian, chopped onions and green peppers in the ground turkey with a little milk and eggs. Play with this raw meat by your hands squeeze until they become perfect. Put it into loaf pan. On Valentine s Day, I put it into heart shape pan. ;)

Lit the candles. Oh yeah, I would like to remind you to shave your legs and armits before your husband rubbing all over your legs under the table. :lol:

Ahhhhh...did someone say: 'meatloaf'? Ohhh, it's not ^Angel^...she makes good meatloaf...she uses a few different items for her meatloaf. In the past, (before I met her) I've used: onions, crackers (both inside and sprinkle crushed crackers on top), any steak sauce like A-1, 1 egg, ketchup (both inside and on spread on top) and of course ground beef....and wait...wait....then chow down when it's done cooking! Mmmmm....

Now you're making me hungryyyyyy.... :lol:~RR

How come you did not tell us that Angel put the bird seeds into the meatloaf?

NOOOO! Not ^Angel^! It is TWEETYBIRD!!! She would put her seeds in the meatloaf! :giggle: Remmy birds eat seeds!

No No !!!

Roadrunner needs more bird seeds to chase the AD members as more engery.

:nana:

I might be a bit weird but that's how I do my meatloaf and those who has ate mine said it was good (although I don't know if they're just being too nice to me to tell me that, haha) Anyway, I don't really exactly follow it by the measuring cup. I just use the judgment and play it by eye. I'd put thawed sausage, ground beef, diced onions, diced apricots, perhaps 2 teaspoon of barbeque sauce, italian bread crumbs, Lipton's Onion Dip Powdered Package and spices such as seasoning salt and pepper. Mix them up together and put it on a 9 x 12 baking pan and bake them at 450 degrees for approximately 45 minutes or until the meat seems to be well done. When it is done, You can put either some small amount of bbq sauce/ketchup on top of it with sauteed onions or use the French Onions (the dried onion package you get from the store). Bake it again for like maybe 5 to 10 mintues and viola! You're done.

I made different meatloaf...

I will post after finish with translation between German and English.

Amish Meatloaf

* 2 pounds ground beef
* 2 1/2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 2 eggs
* 3/4 cup ketchup
* 1/4 cup brown sugar
* 2 slices bacon (I cooked it and crumble since EVERYONE wanted the piece of bacon!!! So that was my idea instead of slices)

* 1 cup ketchup
* 2 tablespoons vinegar
* 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
* 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
* 1/2 cup brown sugar

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, mix together ground beef, crushed crackers, onion, eggs, 3/4 cup ketchup, and 1/4 cup brown sugar until well blended. Press into a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Lay the two slices of bacon over the top.
3. Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until cooked through. While the loaf bakes, mix together the remaining 1 cup ketchup, vinegar, salt, mustard and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Spread over the top of the meat loaf for the last 15 minutes of baking.

Other one I usually make it and my son go nut over it.

2 lbs ground beef
1 cup Italain bread crumbs
1 or 2 eggs
1/4 cup of ketchup
few dashes of Worchester sauce
1 onion, diced, sauteed
salt and pepper

shredded cheese, salsa, bacon bits, BBQ sauce (can be anything you like to put on topping) at near end of cooking

Pre heat oven at 350

Mix them up well. And spray muffin tin pan (two of them)

make a round ball and press with small glass in the muffin tin, repeat till meats is all in the muffin tins

Cook them for 1/2 hour or till meat is done and add the toppings and cook another 5 min or till cheese is melted.

(I got that idea from magainze about a year ago) I don't like Top Stove stuffing so I replaced that to bread crumb. It worked fine.

Looks Great and I always enjoy sharing cooking
with my former neighbor it's fun learning/sharing etc
:thumb:

Here are some cooking tips about your MeatLoaf Recipes:

Tip#1
Sometimes when I ran out of these bread crumbs/crackers,
then I tried Quaker oatmel I was very surprised that it
tasted very good as an alternative I noticed
that oatmel made meatloaf more tender.

Tip#2
I do LOVE ketchup in the meatloaf !
Sometimes I use Ragu spaghetti sauce
(Instead of ketchup) inside and all over
on the top.

i love meatloaf! my favorite! hehe.. i make alot different ways.. never same every time.. i love to use bbq sauce or ketchup on it.. cheddar cheese on top, italian bread crumbs, crackers, oatmeal, eggs, salt, black pepper, spaghetti sauce and onions, of course but not bell peppers. many different ways.. my taste is always different.. hehe.. :)

but never thought ot use onion dip package to add.. that sound yummy.. i will try that and see! heh..

oh yeah.. i do add La hot sauce to it for spicy taste.. YUMMY.. :)

WOw... your recipes sound really delicious. Im gonna make one of yours on this Sunday after I get back from the camp!! Yummy!

WOw... your recipes sound really delicious. Im gonna make one of yours on this Sunday after I get back from the camp!! Yummy!

Will you invite me over your place? Will you be provider a T.V. ?

i am even drooling over meatloaf.... i m going to buy some today and make for tmw dinner.. yummmmy.. :)

I love meatloaf!!! but.. my honey doesn't like meatloaf so i haven't made that in a reallly really looonnngggg time.. if i was invited over for meatloaf dinner.. then i'm there! however.. i kinda stopped eating red meat.. its been a week now since i haven't had any red meats. so wondered if ground turkey would taste good ???? anybody ever had ground turkey meatloaf?

I make meat loaf differently than some of you.

I do it like, One family size ground beef, mix in four eggs, two french onion dip packages, two teaspoons of water and 4 bags of saltine crackers, crush them up. Mix them all in one big bowl and then put it on a glass dish pan, pour ketchup all around and top of the ground beef, then baked at 350 temp for half hour to 45 minutes. ;)

My family loves my meat loaf, no complaints.;)

Back