Meat eater VS vegetarian/vegan

I tried to be vegetarian once but failed, due to healthy reasons. So, I stopped trying because it won't help at all. But, I REALLY HATE when stupid vegans and vegetarians bitched at me for not becoming one of them without understanding my reasons. UGH. FUCK THEM. :mad:

Same here, you aren't alone.

I'm for balanced meal - combined of meats and vegetables.

I tried to be vegetarian once but failed, due to healthy reasons. So, I stopped trying because it won't help at all. But, I REALLY HATE when stupid vegans and vegetarians bitched at me for not becoming one of them without understanding my reasons. UGH. FUCK THEM. :mad:

Wow! That is a lot of pressure that you had with them. Please tell me that what foods you tried to be vegetarian? You can eat both veggie and meat back and forth - That's ok.

I am an omnivore

I have pet chickens and ducks- they lay (or will lay starting next spring) fertile eggs...

So anybody wanna hatch?

It is not legal to butcher inside the city, they're (not there) are pets anyway.

they do this in China and other asians countries, EVERYDAY, and thats where Bird Flu came from...

My boyfriend and I are vegans. It's been about two years. Before that, I was an ovo-lacto vegetarian for about ten years.

I like to mess with people when they ask me about being vegan. They say, "Is it difficult?" And I respond, "It's a pain in the ass!" I mean, it IS, but there are more and more options out there for vegans, and I'm finding some really KILLER recipes and discovering that I really love some veggies I never thought I would like.

We grow some of our own food, but we have not started playing with preservation yet. On our little, tiny plot, we manage to supply about 1/3 to 1/2 of our needs.

Jen M>

im impressed...i have NO idea how to start....i eat both, but more on white meat and fish, then vegetables and salads...i dont eat as much red meat and yes i do and always wonder how difficult...probably the only way i can, is to live with someone who is, and try for 6 months....dunno how long id last....

A) Animals are bred for meat. If we stopped eating meat, we'd stop breeding those animals, so finding a place to put excess animals wouldn't be an issue.

B) Actually, if we stopped eating meat, there'd be more food for us. A huge percentage of farm land is used for growing vegetables and grains that AREN'T for us- there's to be used as feed for the farm animals. I don't remember the exact statistics or anything, but remember reading that if all the farmland used for the production of meat was instead used to grow veggies and grains for people to eat, there'd be more than enough food to feed everyone in the world.

really interesting point!

a bit on the humous side (nudism, sorta, not that dirty, its more naturalism, but fuk it must be cold), and theres a bit on a serious side (recipes)

Naked Vegan Cooking

a bit on the humous side (nudism, sorta, not that dirty, its more naturalism, but fuk it must be cold), and theres a bit on a serious side (recipes)

Naked Vegan Cooking

I think that you really like the idea to make yourself feel good.

Actually, it reminds me of a TV show, Seinfeld. Cosmo Kramer, the crazy guy, was in the shower and he washed the lettuces. Then, the food with lettuces were served for his friends in the living room for a dinner. They were shocked to find it out. hee. hee. It was so funny. Oh well.

Hmmm. I get the same attitude from meat eaters when I tell them I'm vegan. I think it's their guilt complex or something.

You'll think they were a part of a religion or something. :lol:

Who knows. I don't preach about veganism nor do I attempt to convert anyone for I believe it's a choice one has to want to make for themselves. However, if I went out for lunch or dinner with friends and opt not to eat meat, I get some flak for it and can't help wonder why they care about what I eat, it's not really their business. I don't say anything when they eat meat or dairy.

You'll think they were a part of a religion or something. :lol:

but historically, it DID came from religions , - all of them!!! Hindu, Christian, Jews, Isalms all of it.....

jsut different rules, so different animals are forbidden, other sacrfied, others eaten.....

I actually wonder, if this was 'rulings' to do with how difficult or how plenty of these animals are, for instance plenty for trades....so its used for ' to demonstrate deserve-ness of abiding citizens of citys/regions... or to some affect....
im not enlightened in this area...but my hunch is, its eating habits as got ALOT to do with religion, and how people survived these different environment in which they lived.

Man, I'm a hankering for some Outback Steakhouse's baby back BBQ ribs!

but historically, it DID came from religions , - all of them!!! Hindu, Christian, Jews, Isalms all of it.....

jsut different rules, so different animals are forbidden, other sacrfied, others eaten.....

I actually wonder, if this was 'rulings' to do with how difficult or how plenty of these animals are, for instance plenty for trades....so its used for ' to demonstrate deserve-ness of abiding citizens of citys/regions... or to some affect....
im not enlightened in this area...but my hunch is, its eating habits as got ALOT to do with religion, and how people survived these different environment in which they lived.

Kosher laws were actually safety measures as many of the forbidden foods could kill you in the days before modern sanitation and refrigeration.

Kosher laws were actually safety measures as many of the forbidden foods could kill you in the days before modern sanitation and refrigeration.

Speaking of Kosher laws, I didn't know until the other day the reason dairy and beef are not mixed is because they feel it's immoral to cook the calf in or with its mother's milk.

I would never eat at Outback Steakhouse again. Once was enough and it was regrettable. Anybody who thinks it's great is a fool with no taste. Please support your local American fellow and eat some real meat there.

I eat vegan a a lot of the time and prefer it but sometimes I think it's actually healthier for me to eat, say - a salad <no dressing/cheese> with some egg in it at a restaurant, than to eat anything else they might have there.

Kosher has some variants depending on the level of Othodoxy you follow. Glatt etc. Different package markings refer to different things.
At our synagogue, unless otherwise specified, most celebratory meals are supposed to milchig <kosher diary> or pareve, though it's a Reform synagogue.

I would never eat at Outback Steakhouse again. Once was enough and it was regrettable. Anybody who thinks it's great is a fool with no taste. Please support your local American fellow and eat some real meat there.

Some people just don't have an acquired taste. :aw:

I'm an equal opportunity eater. Their "Bloomin Onion" is to die for at Outback's! If you don't like the restaurant....not....my....problem or concern. Some people will like it...others not for whatever reasons. I'm happy with my choices on where I or my family eats. There's a nearby small family owned restaurant in the same building for over 30 years. We eat there on occasion. Great sandwiches and potato soup! As for Outback Steakhouse it began locally in Tampa, Florida back in 1988. People like it so much it expanded to over 1200 restaurants across the globe.

Back