Meat eater VS vegetarian/vegan

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

PowerON said:
PowerOn - that's not at all true.

It's perfectly possible to be very healthy and very active as a Veggie or Vegan.

There are plenty of sources of protien, fats, vitamins and minerals for veggies, it's just a matter of being educated about what you eat.

Clearly you don't have personal experience as a healthy Veggie yourself or you'd know this.

There are unhealthy veggies who think that it's ok to just not eat meat - without replacing it with other veggie options ... These people aren't going to be nearly as healthy as those who make sure they are getting proper nutrition. The same is true for meat eaters who think that it's fine to be eating burgers and fast food every week.

I've been Veggie for almost 20years - I'm in excellent health, and check in with a nutritionist every few years to make sure I'm getting the right mix of foods. All my doctors say I'm very healthy, have excellent BP, excellent heart condition, my blood work is fantastic etc.

It's simply incorrect that being veggie or vegan is "muscle wasting" or unhealthy.

I would love to give you the real experience from me and three other people. They're not well compatible on vegan during the sport and tone.

Then that's a personal issue, not because they are veggie or vegan.

If you look up professional atheletes a lot are veggie or vegan.

By all accounts the researches shows that as a whole veggies and vegans who follow a proper well balanced diet are in significantly better health than their omnivorious peers.

Mike Tyson isn't play in sport anymore:
1. He retired in 2006.
2. He start on vegan diets 2010.

You can beat Mike this time, he is pretty weak. :aw:
I guess he wasn't a vegetarian when he bit Holyfield's ear. :giggle:

whats that?

250px-Pulled_pork_over_rice.jpg

spicy-pulled-pork-21.jpg

pulled_pork.jpg

It is American cuisine.

I recently learn the new thing. Most vegetable have high potassium which would give you a hard to breath or pain chest. It mean, you have to watch how much potassium you're take. Most common that potassium can be found from: tomato paste, orange juice, beet greens, white beans, potatoes, bananas and many other good dietary sources.

There is NO study that says vegetables give us chest pains. Vegetables are HEALTHY!!! Vegetables are a source of vitamins, especially bananas for potassium! Of course, vegetables will have to be taken in moderation for people who have diabetes.

Taking vegetables only will cause us to have serious vitamin deficiencies. This is the reason why meat should be consumed. There are different kinds of meat that one can consume. The best and safest kind of meat to consume would be none other than turkey meat!

There is NO study that says vegetables give us chest pains. Vegetables are HEALTHY!!! Vegetables are a source of vitamins, especially bananas for potassium! Of course, vegetables will have to be taken in moderation for people who have diabetes.

Taking vegetables only will cause us to have serious vitamin deficiencies. This is the reason why meat should be consumed. There are different kinds of meat that one can consume. The best and safest kind of meat to consume would be none other than turkey meat!

Can I stay vegan on a low-potassium diet?

Concerned About High Potassium

Fruits & Veggies High In Potassium | LIVESTRONG.COM

Vegan Diet -- What You Need to Know -- US News Best Diets

Then that's a personal issue, not because they are veggie or vegan.

If you look up professional atheletes a lot are veggie or vegan.

By all accounts the researches shows that as a whole veggies and vegans who follow a proper well balanced diet are in significantly better health than their omnivorious peers.

There is more at online, plenty problems...

With the first and fourth articles, it proves that the doctor knew what he was doing by giving the individual the advice to eat meat.

With the second and third articles, it shows why it is imperative to have a good eating habits when one is young then they wouldn't need to worry about high blood pressure problems later on and have their diet restricted.

My ultimate point is that God created vegetables and meat for human consumption because He knew that our bodies need a balance of vegetables and meat. :)

With the first and fourth articles, it proves that the doctor knew what he was doing by giving the individual the advice to eat meat.

With the second and third articles, it shows why it is imperative to have a good eating habits when one is young then they wouldn't need to worry about high blood pressure problems later on and have their diet restricted.

My ultimate point is that God created vegetables and meat for human consumption because He knew that our bodies need a balance of vegetables and meat. :)

Wait... you both thought I mean, eat only meat is the best? Mind blow!

Wait... you both thought I mean, eat only meat is the best? Mind blow!

Hehe. I stated before that there has to be a healthy balance of meat and vegetables. One doesn't have to consume red meat as there are always alternatives to red meat such as turkey meat, white meat (such as lamb, fish, and so on).

that is exactly how you engage in intellectual conversation with people about food they're eating :)

If people still don't care... so what? It's their loss and they will develop cancer or serious health issue later on. It's not your problem and you can't save everybody especially idiots. You only need to focus on convincing one person instead of several idiots because from there... that one person will convince other people too.

It's much more effective that way than resorting to cheapshot method like Earthlings. Based on my experience and I believe it's already confirmed by experts... it's more effective to inform the public in informative, intellectual manner than using shocking videos after videos because Earthlings offered no dialogue. no information. nothing. It's just as bad as brainwashing technique used in Clockwork Orange.

btw - you're right that just because the label said the food is organic or free-ranged... it doesn't mean diddly squat because all they had to do is meet MINIMUM requirements to get such label. That's why I look for specific brand that has good reputation.

totally agree

Interesting thread..
I eat anything, but my husband is vegetarian and he cooks.
I personally do not have any qualms with eating meat,
but since he cooks well, and I cook poorly, I just eat what he cooks.

For the first few years, I had meat cravings :)eek3: "I WANT A STEAK SO BAAAAD") but as we lived together, he has showed me to crave good food in general, not just meat in particular.

I have this idea that when you leave meat out as an ingredient, it is more challenging to come up with a good tasting meal. So as a result, I'm more impressed. Also it's changed my perception of vegetarian dishes as being better seasoned and better tasting compared to meat dishes.

Still, I will still eat a chicken heart without giving it a second thought.
But at school BBQs I find myself gravitating towards the veggie patty because I think it will taste better than the beef patty.

I think also the perception of food is heavily culture-influenced.
When I was growing up in Korea, there was this street food, made from silk worm pupas. Sounds gross right? But as a kid I was nuts about that stuff.

Now skip to now: I am an adult, and I've lived in the US for over 10 years.
One day I see a can of "seasoned pupa" at my local Korean supermarket.
I had no idea they sold this street food in cans! I immediately bought a can.
But I was already very American by then, so as soon as I opened the can,
I felt kind of gross.

I was eager to have one of my favorite childhood snacks for the first time in 10 years (also it smelled delicious and triggered lots of happy childhood memories), but I was also so Americanized that the idea of voluntarily eating bugs grossed me out, because American culture had told me again and again: Eating bugs is really gross!

I looked inside the can and felt creeped out at how each pupa had a body and legs and eyeballs, but also delighted because it was a familiar snack from when I was a carefree kid who didn't have to interpret for my mom everywhere I went. Creeped out + delighted = Creeplighted?

In the end I did eat those pupa, but I had to work hard to suppress everything American culture taught me about eating bugs. So long, almost off-topic story short....

People like to eat what they grew up with, or they like to follow what culture dictates to them is "delicious".

The older I got the less craving I have for meaty dishes. I used to eat pork, but nowadays I avoid it. The thought of eating pork roast or pork chops just wants me to throw up. So its not just culture thing, its the individual themselves and how they're reacting with food. I'm not a seafood person but lately have been okay with nibbling on fish fillet. Gordons breaded one of course lol. Its all about portion control as well.

I also see that meat SHOULD be a luxury item due to the overfarming of the meat as well as its impact on the environment, if slaughterhouses are driven to meet the high demand for meat, they will try to cut corners and be inhumane to the animals. Its dog eat dog world out there.

But I'm guilty for going to wendys for the hamburger or chicken fillet sandwiches. Yumm. Can't stand BK's hamburger meat itself or mcdonalds. But Americans are eating too much of junk and not veggies those days so yes I agree, being a veggie is the way to go those days and try to promote it in order to try to address the obesity pandemic we're going through right now.

I think for fast food, the reason why they prefer meat is that it is easier to store.
You can freeze a beef patty, and it can last for many weeks.
But you can't freeze lettuce or tomato without turning it into pulp :p

Back