Marvel at the beauty of Michael Moore's 10,000 sq ft summer mansion!

That is exactly why they are not providing sources.

If you're referring to the Halliburton stock his IRS records are public because it was a 501c3

They are public and first found through the Hoover Institute.

From a progressive view:

Not just a few shares either. Don't forget Moore has always said he doesn't own any stock and doesn't have a broker. But his foundation owns tens of thousands of shares in Boeing, Sonoco, Eli Lilly and Halliburton, the same defense company that "Fahrenheit 9/11" attacked for making huge profits out of rebuilding such countries as Afghanistan and Iraq after U.S. military intervention.

Read more: Michael Moore a victim of his own success - seattlepi.com

Michael Moore confronted by progressive filmakers about his lies:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XjTeLhjldU]Michael Moore caught lying (Halliburton Stock) - YouTube[/ame]

Funny how they ask questions but refuse to answer them.:laugh2:

Funny, too, how they ask questions that really have no bearing on the discussion, but when you ask them pertinent, relevant questions. ....................................................

BTW, still waiting for a response from big Tex on another thread about why Obama has such a low regard for women.

If you're referring to the Halliburton stock his IRS records are public because it was a 501c3

From a progressive view:

Not just a few shares either. Don't forget Moore has always said he doesn't own any stock and doesn't have a broker. But his foundation owns tens of thousands of shares in Boeing, Sonoco, Eli Lilly and Halliburton, the same defense company that "Fahrenheit 9/11" attacked for making huge profits out of rebuilding such countries as Afghanistan and Iraq after U.S. military intervention.

Michael Moore caught lying (Halliburton Stock) - YouTube

Here we go again. Tax records showing personal income are not public information.:roll:

Can you fill in the blank in post #34?

I'm quite a good reader, thank you very much. You implied that he "made a fortune"--which is a lie. I don't care if you did mention it was his personal charity. You're still trying to make him look like some day trader making a killing on stocks. the fact is, he didn't make anything on stocks. That's a charitable foundation. That money isn't part of his income. It can't be. That would be illegal. Duh.

So, there's a half truth already.

Next-- I don't know about this $1 million tax incentive he received to film _Capitalism_. This is the first I've heard about it. MM is not someone I follow closely. (I haven't seen any of his movies since _Fahrenheit 911_). I'm sure there are a lot of qualifiers here. The way you and the op-ed make it sound, the Michigan state government just gave him a pile of cash. Another half truth.

501c3 organizations make money. They are a profitable venture.

Moore received tax credits from a film board that he sits on!
Michael Moore, Michigan Film Incentive [Mackinac Center]

He actually did this for a movie that demonizes corporations for doing exactly what he does!

Trust me, if you're a good intellectual liberal, Moore is not on your side! He profits off of those gullible enough to fall for some sort of Tom Joad character he has created somehow.

Funny, too, how they ask questions that really have no bearing on the discussion, but when you ask them pertinent, relevant questions. ....................................................

BTW, still waiting for a response from big Tex on another thread about why Obama has such a low regard for women.

Don't hold your breath. They don't answer the pertinent questions. Such a transparent technique. I've asked several tonight that have failed to be answered.

He actually did this for a movie that demonizes corporations for doing exactly what he does!

Trust me, if you're a good intellectual liberal, Moore is not on your side! He profits off of those gullible enough to fall for some sort of Tom Joad character he has created somehow.

Do you even look this shit up before you post it?

God, okay, since you have no sense to buy a clue, here's some free wiki for you: 501(c) organization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Notice the NOT-FOR-PROFIT part?

Here we go again. Tax records showing personal income are not public information.:roll:

Can you fill in the blank in post #34?

501c3 organizations by law must make their records open to the public. His organization Center for Alternative Media was in fact a 501c3.

Directly tied to Mackinac Center: Michigan Capitol Confidential is the news source for Michigan residents who want an alternative to “bigger government” remedies in policy debates. MichCapCon reports on the public officials who seek to limit government, those who do not, and those whose votes are at odds with what they say.

No right wing bias there.:laugh2:

:hmm: Is his foundation in a blind trust?

according to my brother - when you put in money for investment such as mutual funds, the company will invest it in wherever it sees fit in order to grow. that's their job... to grow your money. the traders do not see nor care who they're investing in on daily basis. all they see is numbers. they buy, sell, trade, short trade, etc. this is nothing like e-trade or ameritrade. My brother did this for living for a while at Wall Street.

this is how they handle your money -
stock-trader.jpg

stock-photo-stock-trader-looking-at-multiple-monitors-35025070.jpg

they do not stop and google to research each company they put money in. I wouldn't be surprised if I owned a stock in those companies as listed above from my mutual funds.

Oh but they questions DO have a bearing on the dicussion. We just haven't gotten there yet.

I didn't see the other question....

People who have to label other people have small minds.

From a progressive view:

Michael Moore caught lying (Halliburton Stock) - YouTube

Did you say progressive?

Now a new book, "Do As I Say (Not As I Do) -- Profiles in Liberal Hypocrisy," by the right-wing commentator Peter Schweizer, criticizes Moore for not living up to the high moral standards he claims to espouse. The author, a research fellow at the Hoover Institution, went through publicly available IRS documents to discover that Moore's foundation bought shares in some of the companies he has spent a career in the media attacking.

501c3 organizations by law must make their records open to the public. His organization Center for Alternative Media was in fact a 501c3.

Are you implying that his nonprofit charitable organization is a source of his personal income?

Oh but they questions DO have a bearing on the dicussion. We just haven't gotten there yet.

I didn't see the other question....

Yeah, I know. You never get there. You just keep running in circles.:laugh2:

Back