Which you would choice?

• Same-sex Marriage

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Civil Union

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • No answer or other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
Yup, he does for personal but he support equality rights, it means same-sex marriage is somewhere to be necessary.

For IL, not really, IL has statute bans on gay marriage only, not constitutional.

Barack Obama and Gay Marriage/ Civil Unions:
Although Barack Obama has said that he supports civil unions, he is against gay marriage. In an interview with the Chicago Daily Tribune, Obama said, "I'm a Christian. And so, although I try not to have my religious beliefs dominate or determine my political views on this issue, I do believe that tradition, and my religious beliefs say that marriage is something sanctified between a man and a woman."

Barack Obama did vote against a Federal Marriage Amendment and opposed the Defense of Marriage Act in 1996.

He said he would support civil unions between gay and lesbian couples, as well as letting individual states determine if marriage between gay and lesbian couples should be legalized.

"Giving them a set of basic rights would allow them to experience their relationship and live their lives in a way that doesn't cause discrimination," Obama said. "I think it is the right balance to strike in this society."
Sources: Chicago Daily Tribune, National Gay and Lesbian Task Force

Barack Obama on Gay and Lesbian Rights - Where does Barack Obama Stand for Gays and Lesbians

In last paragraph, that what I was means.
"Giving them a set of basic rights would allow them to experience their relationship and live their lives in a way that doesn't cause discrimination," Obama said. "I think it is the right balance to strike in this society."

opposed the Defense of Marriage Act in 1996.
I have agree with Obama, I'm against on DOMA and it became so very unnecessary because federal is nowhere to represent it, it cause tourists and immigrants to feel dishonor and weird when USA is really different.

DOMA need to be strike down, more possibly during his presidency, ask congresses to repeal it or take to supreme court.

In last paragraph, that what I was means.

I have agree with Obama, I'm against on DOMA and it became so very unnecessary because federal is nowhere to represent it, it cause tourists and immigrants to feel dishonor and weird when USA is really different.

DOMA need to be strike down, more possibly during his presidency, ask congresses to repeal it or take to supreme court.

DOMA? What is that mean?

Defense of Marriage Act, it's passed in 1996 and signed by Bill Clinton.

Thank you for explain. I did check it out on wiki recently. You don't support DOMA. Obama is not support DOMA.

Why did Bill Clinton signed for DOMA in Sept 21, 1996?

Thank you for explain. I did check it out on wiki recently. You don't support DOMA. Obama is not support DOMA.

Why did Bill Clinton signed for DOMA in Sept 21, 1996?

Senate has overrode the veto and forced Bill Clinton to sign in, it's required 2/3 of senate (67 out of 100) to override the veto.

Okay. I understand what you mean. I admit I don't support Gay marriage for reason. I have a good friend with lesbian. I don't judge on her. But I did judge on AD members. Yes, my bad! You can slap my ass! You got right point about TRUE FRIEND would support Gay marriage. I have others friends just got lesbian marriage last few years ago. She is not really true friend to me. Because we live far away. It's hard to see each other.

I have to respect Gay couples as marriage's choice.

Will you accept my apology? I did insult you in other thread. I hope anyone would not being bitch me out!

You insulted me on the other thread?! I'm SHOCKED! :shock:

( Just Kidding--:) I saw the insult and let it slide because when one isdebating--you have to have a thick skin. And honey---my skin is thicker than most on this forum. :)

You insulted me on the other thread?! I'm SHOCKED! :shock:

( Just Kidding--:) I saw the insult and let it slide because when one isdebating--you have to have a thick skin. And honey---my skin is thicker than most on this forum. :)

Don"t know where I was insulting you at other thread? It was your wedding pictures. Are you mad at me?

Will you accept my apology? Can you understand how do i feeling? I was embarassing about my uncle is gay in my family. But he passed away last 3 years ago. He was kindly man and good heart. He is in the heaven now.

I am sorry for :topic: My uncle never get marry. He had a boyfriend with disabled.

Don"t know where I was insulting you at other thread? It was your wedding pictures. Are you mad at me?

No I am not mad at you. I knew it was the pictures. And I didn't care if you liked my pictures or not.

Will you accept my apology? Can you understand how do i feeling? I was embarassing about my uncle is gay in my family. But he passed away last 3 years ago. He was kindly man and good heart. He is in the heaven now.

I am sorry for :topic: My uncle never get marry. He had a boyfriend with disabled

You had a gay uncle huh? Everyone has someone that is GLBT in their family.

You had a gay uncle huh? Everyone has someone that is GLBT in their family.

Yeah. He used to be rich in past. He was heavily alcoholic abuse. He had a DWI crash and almost go to die. I don't know why he became a gay since he was teenager. I'm sorry it's :topic:

I didn't say Christians only, general religious people.

Oh, thank you for that link. I actually read it before and I personally disagree with this link because that link, in my opinion, is an anti-traditional marraige. Well, hey, don't worry about my previous post and this post, my opinion. :)

U.S. divorce rates: for various faith groups, age groups and geographical areas
I currently re-read it since the last time I read it like two or almost two years ago. And, it still seems it don't say anything about having a sex before marriages, and it's just a lack of relationship and faith provides rejection of the Christianity. That is why I disagree for one main reason.. So, whenever I have a time to bring a few explanations. I think it might have an interested discussion. :)

EDIT: I'm a bit surprise that link is changed a little. Hmm, that's pretty improvement to me.

Ok here is the bottom line. You said things with out proof. I asked for link u could not provide. Whatever. I see now there are a few posters here who simply want to argue or stuff their post counts. I am not interested. There are plenty of political forums we can argue on. I found this forum not to argue but to find some thing we all have in common with.

I stated I support gay unions and would like to see them hold all the legal rights as marriage. I indicated I would like to see a distintion in language between unions and marriage because I want to perserve marriage for a man and a woman. I feel we need this distinction in language.

if that is not good enough then that is your problem. Perhaps we can find another thread we have some thing in common with. I am not here to stuff my post counts or argue.

I made my points I wanted to make and made them very clear,

One final point concerning some of your "stats" regarding marriage verses gay unions. Do you folks even understand how those stats about marriage came to be? From divorces! SInce gay unions and gay marriages are still so very new there are NO stats for gays yet. So hold off on your conclusions and predictions, they are based on NOTHING!

You may now resume your post stacking and arguing :D

No, here is the bottom line:

I made a statement that is true by all accounts. I told you where you could find the statistics to support that statement. Rather than taking the time to do so, you attempted to change the wording of my post to make it seem that I was saying something I did not say in order to validate your own argument.

You claimed to have visited the website, and also claimed that the statistics did not exist. Judging from the time listed on your posts, you did not have time to do so, and therefore, were dishonest in your post in an attempt to make yourself appear to me more credible.

And that, my friend, is the bottom line. Rather than attempting to support your own view with reliable and credible information, you have attempted to make valid something that is nothing more than your opinion by attempting to discredit another poster. When that poster gave you what you needed to support the postition taken, you started to post that which was not true in an attempt to discredit. When called on that tactic, you attempt to get assertive by offering a "bottom line", and then bowing out of the discussion.

Back