Which you would choice?

• Same-sex Marriage

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Civil Union

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • No answer or other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
I didn't say Christians only, general religious people.

Oh, thank you for that link. I actually read it before and I personally disagree with this link because that link, in my opinion, is an anti-traditional marraige. Well, hey, don't worry about my previous post and this post, my opinion. :)

You disagree with link that contain fact, it's based on data for divorce, I know that conservative christians have higher divorce rate, that how data counted from that and that's true because I had noticed alot of thing when visit and short resident in bible belt region, you don't realize because you aren't from or have visit in bible belt region.

If you aren't conservative christian then don't worry about it.

Pinky, Do you know what's civil unions means? Do you support instead of same-sex marriage?

Or you just treat gay people as mental illness?

I am not sure what is civil unions mean. I never hear of it. Do you mean Gay right?

No, I don't treat gay people as mental illness.

I am not sure what is civil unions mean. I never hear of it. Do you mean Gay right?

No, I don't treat gay people as mental illness.

Civil unions is greatly accepted and has same rights as marriage, UK has civil unions for gay people, it would be less conversational when religious people or some people are concern about traditional marriage but unfortunately, all states in bible belt region don't accept civil unions and treat gay people as mental illness and immoral.
Civil union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You disagree with link that contain fact, it's based on data for divorce, I know that conservative christians have higher divorce rate, that how data counted from that and that's true because I had noticed alot of thing when visit and short resident in bible belt region, you don't know because you aren't from or have visit in bible belt region.

When I bring some mere explanations here, I like to listen to your opinion since I learned pretty different than what you know. That must be interested. ;) Again, I am not referred to Christianity alone, so I am not sure why you assumed me for what I said.
Don't make religious people as more innocent and looks good. :roll:

Why do you think I would? :/

Why do you think I would? :/

It's from website, it about Christianity.
Divorce rates among conservative Christians were significantly higher than for other faith groups, and much higher than Atheists and Agnostics experience.

For 2nd question, I edited it and said that if you aren't conservative christian then don't worry about it.

It's from website, it about Christianity.

For 2nd question, I edited it and said that if you aren't conservative christian then don't worry about it.

Ah, all right. ;) I think it might be interested if we share some different things from our POVs.

Civil unions is greatly accepted and has same rights as marriage, UK has civil unions for gay people, it would be less conversational when religious people or some people are concern about traditional marriage but unfortunately, all states in bible belt region don't accept civil unions and treat gay people as mental illness and immoral.
Civil union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am there at wiki civil unions link before you post it. I read and got it.

Honestly, I am support Gay rights but not gay marriage. I don't mean to hate or against to gay and lesbian. I have friends with lesbian, gay and bisexual. It's their choice of orientation. It's not my business. I have an uncle is gay. He never get marriage with woman or gay marriage before. Because he just don't want to be marriage.

I saw the World homosexuality laws. In Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and other Africa really against Gay and Lesbian. They wanted the homosexuality put in death plenty. That's not right! I don't think homosexuality need to be ban in country if not. It would be criminal. It's stupid law.

Honestly, I am support Gay rights but not gay marriage. I don't mean to hate or against to gay and lesbian. I have friends with lesbian, gay and bisexual. It's their choice of orientation. It's not my business. I have an uncle is gay. He never get marriage with woman or gay marriage before. Because he just don't want to be marriage.

Yes, I second that.

I saw the World homosexuality laws. In Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and other Africa really against Gay and Lesbian. They wanted the homosexuality put in death plenty. That's not right! I don't think homosexuality need to be ban in country if not. It would be criminal. It's stupid law.

I remembered I was studied at my former high school that the lower adultry rate is Muslim or Jadaism (I am not sure which is one) because of with that reason.. it is still much stricter and brutal, indeed, it is pretty very disturbed things to see. :(

If Gay Civil Unions had all the same legal rights as marriage, what's the problem?

Gays could enjoy the same legal rights as straights and we could also preserve the definition of marriage as between a man and a woman. I believe we should have a distinction in language between gay and straight marriages.

Permit gay Unions to have all the same rights as marriage

yet reserve marriage for a man and a woman.

Now every one should be happy!

First of all, our country has already stated quite clearly that "separate but equal" does not work. That fact aside, this would not make everyone happy, and it is totally unnecessary. Why wouldn't my suggestion make you happy? Get rid of the word "marriage" in any government sense, and allow everyone to get civil unions with the same rights for all. Then if you want to have your own personal "marriage" ceremony, more power to you. Sound good to you? Because if you have any problem with that, then you would have to admit that there is something inherently different about being able to say that you are "married" to your partner, and your whole argument falls apart.

In most cases I say live and let live, but I don't believe gay marriages should be legal. It's against my religion. Civil union, sure whatever, but not marriage in the eyes of God.
I'm sure this will piss some people off but that's my 2 cents and I'm sticking with it.

I'm intrigued what your religion is. Very few that I know of are against homosexuality.

I agree again, it's not ok hanging gays. But if we are to use examples of Canada for argument then why not use countries like Iran?

I think better solution is to just look at USA as our country is different. All we need to do is make Civil Unions include all the same legal rights as marriage and reserve marriage for a man and a woman, and every one should be happy.

But some thing tells me gays will not be happy until they can use the term marriage. I am of the opinion that we need a distinction in language to distinguish between gay and straight marriages. I feel we need to preserve Marriage for a man and a woman. Have some thing equal for gays, but call it different.

What I do not understand is gays like parade how different they are, but now suddenly they want marriage. Why not have gay unions and preserve your difference and we can also preserve marriage?

You should maybe look some more at the history of the country and get a better idea of what you would be "preserving".

I remembered I was studied at my former high school that the lower adultry rate is Muslim or Jadaism (I am not sure which is one) because of with that reason.. it is still much stricter and brutal, indeed, it is pretty very disturbed things to see. :(

Yes, That's why i don't like the religions. It's terrible! I never see in American Homosexual go to prison in rest of life or put death plenty for no reason.

In Canada, Spain, South Africa, Norway are legal for gay marriage. USA have a gay union as Europe. Did you see the wiki that Foxrac post it? You should go look at List of jurisdictions allowing same-sex unions in the world.

Not really, I know most republicans against ANY unions with GLBT, that's very several republicans support civil unions.

Because most male Republicans are too busy going into the male bathroom at the airport to pick up guys. :giggle:

I am pretty positive that not every gay individual out there is in favour of the same-marriage rights. My gay friend, favours the civil union rights for gay people like himself.

Let's not forget that not every of them are FOR it.

Really? Interesting friend you got there. Maybe he/she still has issues dealing with their own sexual orientation. Most GLBT individuals that I know want full marriage rights.

You don't want to put them to death but you don't want to give them full and equal rights in our society?

You are still treating your GLBT friends second class citizenship. :roll:

Yes, That's why i don't like the religions. It's terrible! I never see in American Homosexual go to prison in rest of life or put death plenty for no reason.

In the United States--we take the homosexuals to an open field and tie them to a post and beat them until they can't breathe and leave them there to die....:roll:

Yup, that's very sad about some countries in middle east and Africa has abuse their human rights and equality rights, Iran did hanged couple of teenagers because of gay activity, that's so unbelieve to put teenager in death penalty. Iran is used to be good country and control under monarchy, it was mostly Jewish and Muslim, known as Persian at this time.

Sudan is very unstable country with civil war and corrupted government.

It's great to shows acceptance of gay rights but marriage is other story.

In US, there's some issue with hate crime, some gay people got abused or killed but only problem, there's no hate crime law that covers on sex orientation under federal.

You don't want to put them to death but you don't want to give them full and equal rights in our society?

You are still treating your GLBT friends second class citizenship. :roll:

In the United States--we take the homosexuals to an open field and tie them to a post and beat them until they can't breathe and leave them there to die....:roll:

No! You're misunderstand. I mean the gay couple shouldn't put in death plenty like other countries. I don't treat to my friends like shit. But I did treat to AD'ers a shit. I am apology if I did to you. So Don't give me an ugly attitude with :roll: at me. You thought I hate ALLL gay in the world??? I love all of people no matter what! Gay rights are fine but not gay marriage. I like the one man and woman marriage traditional. It's my POV.

Can I PM You? If you don't want to talk. That's fine. I don't bite you.

Yup, that's very sad about some countries in middle east and Africa has abuse their human rights and equality rights, Iran did hanged couple of teenagers because of gay activity, that's so unbelieve to put teenager in death penalty. Iran is used to be good country and control under monarchy, it was mostly Jewish and Muslim, known as Persian at this time.

Sudan is very unstable country with civil war and corrupted government.

It's great to shows acceptance of gay rights but marriage is other story.

In US, there's some issue with hate crime, some gay people got abused or killed but only problem, there's no hate crime law that covers on sex orientation under federal.

That's terrible! I disagree with Iran for put gay activity death.

I looked at Obama's view. He said he he is support Civil Union not gay marriage. Is that true? In his state is gay marriage ban.

I looked at Obama's view. He said he he is support Civil Union not gay marriage. Is that true? In his state is gay marriage ban.

Obama does support Civil Union and doesn't want federate to ban same-sex marriage.

I vote same sex-marriage everyone should have the same rights.

No! You're misunderstand. I mean the gay couple shouldn't put in death plenty like other countries. I don't treat to my friends like shit. But I did treat to AD'ers a shit. I am apology if I did to you. So Don't give me an ugly attitude with :roll: at me. You thought I hate ALLL gay in the world??? I love all of people no matter what! Gay rights are fine but not gay marriage. I like the one man and woman marriage traditional. It's my POV.

Can I PM You? If you don't want to talk. That's fine. I don't bite you.

Unfortuanately gay people are still put to death in other countries around the world.

In the United States--we deny them their civil rights.

We say we are friends with GLBT community and turn around and tell them, "No--marriage for you!"

So much for the United States being a leader in "human rights". :roll:

I'm not getting ugly with anyone on here--I'm pointing out the contradictions in people's posts--especially when they say they have good friends with GLBT and won't allow them full equal rights. Obviously you aren't being a "true friend."

"True friends" would support them--no matter what.

If you are true friend of the GLBT--you would assist them in getting full civil rights including the right to marry.

Yup, he does for personal but he support equality rights, it means same-sex marriage is somewhere to be necessary.

For IL, not really, IL has statute bans on gay marriage only, not constitutional.

Unfortuanately gay people are still put to death in other countries around the world.

In the United States--we deny them their civil rights.

We say we are friends with GLBT community and turn around and tell them, "No--marriage for you!"

So much for the United States being a leader in "human rights". :roll:

I'm not getting ugly with anyone on here--I'm pointing out the contradictions in people's posts--especially when they say they have good friends with GLBT and won't allow them full equal rights. Obviously you aren't being a "true friend."

"True friends" would support them--no matter what.

If you are true friend of the GLBT--you would assist them in getting full civil rights including the right to marry.

Okay. I understand what you mean. I admit I don't support Gay marriage for reason. I have a good friend with lesbian. I don't judge on her. But I did judge on AD members. Yes, my bad! You can slap my ass! You got right point about TRUE FRIEND would support Gay marriage. I have others friends just got lesbian marriage last few years ago. She is not really true friend to me. Because we live far away. It's hard to see each other.

I have to respect Gay couples as marriage's choice.

Will you accept my apology? I did insult you in other thread. I hope anyone would not being bitch me out!

Back