Marijuana

Yes, I have a mind and that's why I don't use it. If I want to get silly then I'd get a few drinks. Preferably extra strength White Russians.

And excessive alcohol consumption doesn't kill brain cells?

If you want my lengthy opinion , here it is:

i have used marijuana medically for the past year now, and can say that it has relieved my symptoms. i have smoked 1 gram of marijuana daily for the past year, and i haven't suffered any "amotivational syndrome" etc. Quite the contrary, I could say I have been most productive during this time.

I think that I would prefer to have my kids getting high at home, rather than out drinking and driving with their friends. You know, alcohol is the "party " drug and marijuana is the evil drug that corrupts youth--or so this is how society portrays it. In a pharmacological sense, marijuana is harmless. You simply can't consume enough cannabis to fatally overdose. Keep in mind, many people do die from overdosing on alcohol; oftentimes this is unintentional. There seems to be a lack of knowledge about the dangers of alcohol...

It is my opinion that programs such as DARE are dangerous. By lumping all drugs into one category, such as their comparison of weed to herion, gives a child innacurate information. When they do try weed, (and statistics say that something like 82% of all high school senoirs have smoked weed), they figure out that they were lied to about weed, and so come to the conclusion that they must have been lied to about the herion, too. If you want them to be responsible about their decisions, you have to provide them with accurate information. Weed does not create the gateway to other drug use....programs such as DARE create it.
You know, American culture is so hypocritical. Politicians like former California governor Gray Davis will tell you that it would set a bad example to legalize marijuana, hence he does not favor it. Why then does alcohol, the most widely-used and accepted drug in the world, remain legal? Prohibition did not work when the government tried it in the 1920's. It's the same thing that's happening now; have DARE to indoctrinate children in school with anti-drug bullshit and mindless biased conclusions, comparing marijuana to heroin( Ha!) In the 1920's we had Aslinger's babbling propaganda and rhetoric to convince us that Marijuana is addictive, will make you kill people, cause insanity and that black jazz musicians use it to seduce poor poor white women into their sinful and lustful ways. It was all lies and deception then and it's all lies and deception now... honestly, we have to be fucking kidding ourselves if we think marijuana will ruin society, when humans have used it for thousands of years.

Reefer Madness:giggle:

*lights spliff* :fingersx:

Social creations such as drug laws are usually not based on the drug itself, but on class distinctions. Example: the stiffer penalties for crack coacaine as compared to powder cocaine. Same drug. Why the difference inpenalty? The social class of the population that uses it.

My sister taught me how to smoke when I was 10 years old but I don´t like it. She started to smoke when she was 9 years old and addict on tabacco... and tried alcohol when she was 14 years old.

I tried alcohol when I was 16 years old and drink carefully since I saw my alocholic mom... I know from my mind for not end like her. My sister & her ex boyfriend introduced weeds to my hubby & me in 1990, that´s time my sister´s 3 children was toddlers and baby. We refused to try it and told my sister to be careful that those weeds could be addictive. She laughed at me and said that the weeds is no addictive. 2 years later after that I learned that she addicted on weeds more and more........ tried different drugs to satisfy herself. Her ex-boyfriend limit to smoke weeds but my sister do not limit it. We met in 2000 and told me HERSELF that she is very very regretted for tried weeds in first place. I asked her why when she know weeds is a drug. She said that her boyfriend told her that weeds is not an addictive. She started to smoke weed and make her feel good and stress free.... she REGRETTED it... Now she is dead! She would of stay alive if she didn´t try weed in first place.

I'm sorry about your sister, as well. But if she wa smoking cigarettes at nine, she obviously had an additive personality and the weed had nothing to do with it. If she hadn't of smoked weed, she would have found another substance to fulfill the addictive cravings. It isn't the drug that causes the problem in addicts. The drug use is just a symptom of their illness.

Although I've tried pot exactly once in my life, I'm in favor of legalizing it. As far as I can tell this drug is rather benign.

However, I'd *never* never be in favor of legalizing meth...

Well this might start heated debates, but i'm wondering what everyone's opinion of marijuana is. Do you smoke it? Do you hate it? Do you support prohibition or decriminalization/legalization?

If you smoke, please do share your stories with us. Was it some disgusting ill-fitted mexican ditch weed, or was it a fine sativa?

If you hate cannabis, would you ever reconsider your stance on the drug?

In a society where alcohol use is so heavily used and abused, would you consider marijuana a safe alternative to alcohol?

When you smoke, do you get the munchies :popcorn: and sit on your fat ass all day? Or is it more of a :laugh2: giddy time?

Do you have? a mind??

According to doctor marijuana show 0 signs of death.

Alcohol and cigs show many deaths.

I believe the law ban on marijuana because we can grow marijuana easy and free... while many of us doesnt know how to make beers and cigs. So govts took advanagtes of that by using tax money on beers and cigs and banning marijuanas. Govts are being smart to take money from us instead of focus on our healths.

LOL! Good point!

Jillio, erm, gamer12 was referring to my quote...

Social creations such as drug laws are usually not based on the drug itself, but on class distinctions. Example: the stiffer penalties for crack coacaine as compared to powder cocaine. Same drug. Why the difference inpenalty? The social class of the population that uses it.

well, not this simple, coke, crack and all ths in - between from the same cocoa plant have different purity, and potential for further cutting that translates to more sales, so its not surprise there.
Crack is a dirty coke, like P is a dirty meth, smokable form of meth. both of which are far more serious becuase the access is much easier, that to buy cooked products is easier to get than smuggled gears. So i agree free up Pot, and go after the worst kinds the P and crack varietys and extortionists......

but i do understand what you mean by social creation, or structure is another word, not quite the same thing, but similar , its more a matter of which analyses you prefer and what theories of you proscribe to explain social problems.

Lastly, I do agree that DARE is not a safe group to listen to, they indoctrinate that ALL drugs are all connected together , conforming to the legal system's classification. Accurate information should be spread out by independent sources and basically *akhem* commonsense needs to be placed back in society, not in the fashionable *business talks* that we see/hear so much on TV for example Trump's recently discontinued TV show, "the Apprentice" , people are easily duped to believe commonsense belongs to to 'rich people' for business management, this is untrue. in the same vain, i dont like it, because it perpentuates the normative "commonsense" as a means to justify 'normal thinking', replacing critical thinking with commonsense? that too is dangerous thinking, kind of similar to what DARE intends to do, but DARE takes away our own independent judgement for drugs, whereas 'commonsense' is for nearly EVERYTHING we say and think...put other way, it takes away judgement for what we consider important in politics and the effects on our lives from whatever proposed policys are.

Jillio, erm, gamer12 was referring to my quote..

O.K. LOL to you then..

well, not this simple, coke, crack and all ths in - between from the same cocoa plant have different purity, and potential for further cutting that translates to more sales, so its not surprise there.
Crack is a dirty coke, like P is a dirty meth, smokable form of meth. both of which are far more serious becuase the access is much easier, that to buy cooked products is easier to get than smuggled gears. So i agree free up Pot, and go after the worst kinds the P and crack varietys and extortionists......

Access is not only easier, but think about the SES of the user.

but i do understand what you mean by social creation, or structure is another word, not quite the same thing, but similar , its more a matter of which analyses you prefer and what theories of you proscribe to explain social problems.

I tend to be a symbolic interactionist, but conflict theory would work well in this situation as well.

Lastly, I do agree that DARE is not a safe group to listen to, they indoctrinate that ALL drugs are all connected together , conforming to the legal system's classification. Accurate information should be spread out by independent sources and basically *akhem* commonsense needs to be placed back in society, not in the fashionable *business talks* that we see/hear so much on TV for example Trump's recently discontinued TV show, "the Apprentice" , people are easily duped to believe commonsense belongs to to 'rich people' for business management, this is untrue. in the same vain, i dont like it, because it perpentuates the normative "commonsense" as a means to justify 'normal thinking', replacing critical thinking with commonsense? that too is dangerous thinking, kind of similar to what DARE intends to do, but DARE takes away our own independent judgement for drugs, whereas 'commonsense' is for nearly EVERYTHING we say and think...put other way, it takes away judgement for what we consider important in politics and the effects on our lives from whatever proposed policys are.

Agreed. Critical thinking is becoming a deviant behavior according to current social values and norms.

I personally don't see the point of marijuana. It makes you high and people do stupid things when they're high.

I speak from experience. I've seen people who were stoned and damaged things around them. Yet, they refuse to take responsibility for the damage because they were impaired at the moment. :roll:

hi Jillio,
could you explain what is SES please? i cant figure out the ancroynm
cheers
Grum

I personally don't see the point of marijuana. It makes you high and people do stupid things when they're high.

I speak from experience. I've seen people who were stoned and damaged things around them. Yet, they refuse to take responsibility for the damage because they were impaired at the moment. :roll:

I've personally seen more people behave in that way when they were drinking alcohol.

use marijuana often, your body will develop Cadmium poisoning

Eat tuna fish often, your body will develop Mercury poisoning. Take Tylenol often, your body will experience liver failure. Eat salt often, your body will develop high blood pressure. Run excessively for exercise, your body will develop shin splints. Eat saturated fats often, your body will develop clogged arteries. Expose yourself to loud noises often, your body will develop hearing loss. Expose yourself to stress often, and your body will develop elevated cortisol levels.

Eat tuna fish often, your body will develop Mercury poisoning. Take Tylenol often, your body will experience liver failure. Eat salt often, your body will develop high blood pressure. Run excessively for exercise, your body will develop shin splints. Eat saturated fats often, your body will develop clogged arteries. Expose yourself to loud noises often, your body will develop hearing loss. Expose yourself to stress often, and your body will develop elevated cortisol levels.

Good points.

Ok, Right now I for it for people who needs it medcially but I'm against it for people who uses it just for fun of it.

I know who's talking now, as from my experence, I have smoked pot during my JR. Year in High school with group of my Deaf Friends. It was my Ex Boyfriend and his sister who has introduced it to me and my other friend at first and then my friend and I have done it with our other friends who has done it before. Stupid of me I know.

At first, it has relaxed me and second time, I liked it. But third time, Whoa, I hate it! I was at my friend's house with group of my friends. I inhaled it big time and I got F*cked! I was only one that got really bad side effect and I hated it, it scared the crap out of me.

I don't know how I managed to get home and didn't get caught from my parents. My sister on other hand smoked it all the time and always getting caught...even my parents turned her in to police!

Ever since that incident at Danny's (a friend's house that I was at) I have quit and never ever used it again, like I said, I didn't like the effect.

My father in law smokes Pot all the time and I hate it, he's like hooked on to it and he pays bunch of money to do so. I know it's stupid and I couldn't believe that 58 year old man would smoke pot 24/7! I stay away from him when he does it because the smell bothers me and I even keep my son out whenever he does it.

All I can say is Pot is stupid...and I know from my experence!

Ok, Right now I for it for people who needs it medcially but I'm against it for people who uses it just for fun of it.

I know who's talking now, as from my experence, I have smoked pot during my JR. Year in High school with group of my Deaf Friends. It was my Ex Boyfriend and his sister who has introduced it to me and my other friend at first and then my friend and I have done it with our other friends who has done it before. Stupid of me I know.

At first, it has relaxed me and second time, I liked it. But third time, Whoa, I hate it! I was at my friend's house with group of my friends. I inhaled it big time and I got F*cked! I was only one that got really bad side effect and I hated it, it scared the crap out of me.

I don't know how I managed to get home and didn't get caught from my parents. My sister on other hand smoked it all the time and always getting caught...even my parents turned her in to police!

Ever since that incident at Danny's (a friend's house that I was at) I have quit and never ever used it again, like I said, I didn't like the effect.

My father in law smokes Pot all the time and I hate it, he's like hooked on to it and he pays bunch of money to do so. I know it's stupid and I couldn't believe that 58 year old man would smoke pot 24/7! I stay away from him when he does it because the smell bothers me and I even keep my son out whenever he does it.

All I can say is Pot is stupid...and I know from my experence!

Ohh yeah I know who you are talking about, those deafies (Danny).... I do pot RARELY, but I won't smoke the pot with those guys you talked about! They are just the jerks... I don't like when people get out of control with the pot, making the troubles over it, smoking it everyday, every hours, etc etc.. That's just a immature...

Back