Man steal bodies from cemetery for religious ceremonies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be that as it may. The largest christian sects as in catholocism and orthodoxy since their beginning have and still do. Venerate relics of their saints..

Your perticulsr sect doesnt ..cool..
My "sect" is all born-again believers and followers of Jesus Christ, also known as Christians, who have been members of His church since the day of Pentecost, about 2,000 years ago.

But the big boys on the block do. And they due to their numbers and long history have held a rather noticible influence on the history and culture of the west.
That doesn't make them right.

Lasped Catholic last time made big effort go church was to get my daughter into catholic school as was everyone else had to go every Sunday waste of Sunday she went to something very different..Thing about Catholics most are honest about being hypocrites.Have say this best Pope we ever had one with heart and brain

People don't spend a lot of time and money burying their love ones so someone can dig up the bones to use for religious ceremonies . And I personally wouldn't call this religious ceremonies b/c it's so disrespectful to the families ! I see nothing religious about this ! I don't want this being done to my parents or family .My ex brother I am fine with .

Though it might be Santeria or Vodun or the likes....I tend to lean with Hoichi's post #15 about consent and magick....
<I'm pagan so certain things are as not as...concerning....to me>

Though it might be Santeria or Vodun or the likes....I tend to lean with Hoichi's post #15 about consent and magick....
<I'm pagan so certain things are as not as...concerning....to me>

I am not a very religious person but my mom was so I know if happen to her love ones she would so upset . I want to be cremated and hope my daughter doesn't have hard time doing this b/c I am Jewish . My dad wanted to be cremated when he dies in 1967 but mom wouldn't do it .

:wave:yes, I'm Jewish too but not religious...hub and I were talking about what we may do with our bodies after death. He wants to be cremated also. I said I didn't know, that Jews traditionally don't get cremated but for me, I don't know yet. From what I saw when we read about, more and more Jews are opting for cremation but I can guess in 1967 it would still be pretty hard, if not impossible, for anyone Jewish to get that to happen, especially with the relative closeness of the Shoah.
I know both are difficult topics

but in relation to OP - the issue I have with it is that the priest took remains that hadn't been consented for...if it had been pre-arranged, that would be different. That he wanted to have them or use them in ritual, isn't the thing for me.

:wave:yes, I'm Jewish too but not religious...hub and I were talking about what we may do with our bodies after death. He wants to be cremated also. I said I didn't know, that Jews traditionally don't get cremated but for me, I don't know yet. From what I saw when we read about, more and more Jews are opting for cremation but I can guess in 1967 it would still be pretty hard, if not impossible, for anyone Jewish to get that to happen, especially with the relative closeness of the Shoah.
I know both are difficult topics

but in relation to OP - the issue I have with it is that the priest took remains that hadn't been consented for...if it had been pre-arranged, that would be different. That he wanted to have them or use them in ritual, isn't the thing for me.

I feel the same way ! The priest didn't get any consent from the families and that is not very religious to me !

my husband insist he not cremated
my son asked me lastnight about this what do I want,i told him bog off I not ready to think of these things yet.
this a gloomy thread gone from necrophilia to my demise

yes, WDYS!...

Well caz, I'm glad you're here now and you can share with us, I don't think that's gloomy:aw:

My "sect" is all born-again believers and followers of Jesus Christ, also known as Christians, who have been members of His church since the day of Pentecost, about 2,000 years ago.

That doesn't make them right.

Your sect is a small sect of christianity, certainly when compared to as an example catholicism, whos history stretches back far longer then any protestant sect and or varient. Obviously the reformiaton occured as when it did, and why it did, for a verity of reasons but all where a reaction to what at that time was the catholic church.

In other words the reformation and the protestant challange at that tme clearly did not. Pre date catholicism...luther was of course a cathokic augustinian frair prior to his forming his ideas..so onso forth.
Its fairly standard history..

Any first year history or philisophy or thelogy or even political science major would know that.

Regardless.

History as it is,

As of today. The largest sects of christianity and there are many venerate saints and their relics.

Yours doesnt..fair enough. But your sect isnt nor should itbe held as a representatuve for the other billion or so christians who hold a rather different take on it

And to be clear.
Im not a christian. So i dont have much a bone in this fight.

Lasped Catholic last time made big effort go church was to get my daughter into catholic school as was everyone else had to go every Sunday waste of Sunday she went to something very different..Thing about Catholics most are honest about being hypocrites.Have say this best Pope we ever had one with heart and brain

Its a hard road to follow......
Christ was the greatest and most powerfull magus...

Its not just catholics or even christians who are hypocrates..

The way i see it.
Every faith and religion has their perticular rules..if one doesnt wish to obey them...cool....they should leave and find one that suits their inclinations better..

Yes. Until then, we have to live with what is at present.

No argument here. Never has been.

Im stating it should be legel.
Hopefully one day it will be.

Your sect is a small sect of christianity, certainly when compared to as an example catholicism, whos history stretches back far longer then any protestant sect and or varient. Obviously the reformiaton occured as when it did, and why it did, for a verity of reasons but all where a reaction to what at that time was the catholic church.
I'm not referring to Protestants. I'm referring to the church (body of believers, not a denomination) that has existed since the day of Pentecost, in Acts 2. You can't go any further back than that. There came a period when one group branched off to become the Catholic Church but a faithful remnant remained down thru the ages. Their numbers gained again with the Separatist movement. Of course, in membership numbers the believers may be in minority but that's always been the way--narrow is the way to life, and broad is the road to destruction.

In other words the reformation and the protestant challange at that tme clearly did not. Pre date catholicism...luther was of course a cathokic augustinian frair prior to his forming his ideas..so onso forth.
Its fairly standard history..

Any first year history or philisophy or thelogy or even political science major would know that.

Regardless.

History as it is,
Which is not correct but has wide acceptance. That's why I can't let such misinformation go unchallenged.

As of today. The largest sects of christianity and there are many venerate saints and their relics.

Yours doesnt..fair enough. But your sect isnt nor should itbe held as a representatuve for the other billion or so christians who hold a rather different take on it
I only post to correct misconceptions people might get from just having one side presented.

And to be clear.
Im not a christian. So i dont have much a bone in this fight.
No fight. Just presenting information.

Its a hard road to follow......
Christ was the greatest and most powerfull magus…
No, He was not. Jesus Christ was and is God, not a magician.

Just setting the record straight.

[

I'm not referring to Protestants. I'm referring to the church (body of believers, not a denomination) that has existed since the day of Pentecost, in Acts 2. You can't go any further back than that. There came a period when one group branched off to become the Catholic Church but a faithful remnant remained down thru the ages. Their numbers gained again with the Separatist movement. Of course, in membership numbers the believers may be in minority but that's always been the way--narrow is the way to life, and broad is the road to destruction. .

Right.
The plm here is there are a billion other christians who are christians who do not shre your small sects take on it.

I undersand you mwy not see them as christian, but they and your sect both claim it.as such to an outsiderits what you claim to be is what ill take you as.

I'Which is not correct but has wide acceptance. That's why I can't let such misinformation go unchallenged..

It according to you and your sect, is inccorect. Fine. But in subjetcs like history, we should be rigourus and keep to academic standards of accepting evedence,be it written, or archeological, or cultural.

II only post to correct misconceptions people might get from just having one side presented..

You have not presented any thing. You have made claims. Nothing more.

II No fight. Just presenting information.

Always a pleasure to chat with you reba.
All cool

No, He was not. Jesus Christ was and is God, not a magician.

Just setting the record straight.

He was the greatest and most powerfull magus.

There is no doubt...

This thread made me hungry may get barbq ribs no one in hide the evidence bury in garden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back