Man kills teen for walking on grass

I'm from Ohio, and watched the news about killing a 15 years old boy for just stepping a foot on his grass, This guy was way overprotective of his yard, and he did not want anyone walking on his yard, so therefore he tempt killed this boy because he walked over his yard and use an excuse that he had been hassling by them for years. What happened to even calling the police if he was hassling for years by them? but killing someone does not solve the problem. No matter how you look at it, no matter what your excuses are, You cannot take someone's life over that situation. I hope that guy gets life or death penalty because he is insane.

Oh well... Everybody has a differnet point of view on things and Taylor you do bring up a good point because I am sure there were times you were tempted to shoot somebody as a policeman when he really deserved it. I don't think he had a mental disorder. He took pride in keeping his lawn clean prisitine and cut to measure. That was it.

People do strange things when they call 911. Stranger things have happened.

Steel X said:
That was gay... :|

What does gay have to do with shooting somebody with a shotgun off their property?

I think that really was an idiotic comment.

Kids are kids! Larry was only 15! The shooter will have to celebrate in his golden years in the prison for a loooooong time. It seems that the guy has an OCD with his own property and lawn. Heath quoted " Kids today are so bad, violent that this man had to defend himself." How so? Larry did not carry the weapon! Walking on the grass is harmless! I want to emphasize that not ALL kids are bad!

Heath said:
Taylor, he may have given a military reaction to a civilian situation.

Still.... That kid should not have went into his yard and caused his neighbor trouble and grief to even begin with.

Umm so you're saying he has the right to shoot this kid just cause he walked on his grass?... :confused:

I wonder what kind of world we live in today that's allow us to kill some kid or an animal just cause they walk on their property....

Heath said:
Oh well... Everybody has a differnet point of view on things and Taylor you do bring up a good point because I am sure there were times you were tempted to shoot somebody as a policeman when he really deserved it. I don't think he had a mental disorder. He took pride in keeping his lawn clean prisitine and cut to measure. That was it.

True that we all have different point of views on things but still I do not understand what makes you think this man did the right thing by shooting this young boy just cause he is walking on his property.....

And how does this young boy deserves to be shot at?.....Please explain this to me cause I'm so confused...

If I ever see Heath in person I will definitely run in another direction away from me because he sounds like he would be willing to kill someone who ticks him off :Ohno:

I guess myself why the guy killed 15 years old old boy for being step on his grass?? why can't he make a fence on his protery grass so cant step on his grass again not have to kill it. :dunno:

Heath said:

I have never been tempted to shoot anyone. I have come close to shooting people before (the most recent one was a guy who had a BB gun that looked like a real gun and wouldn't drop it...I was a fraction of a second from pulling the trigger). I had no idea it was a BB gun, therefore it was a deadly force situation and I would have been justified in shooting him, even if a BB gun because the gun looked real.

I have never been tempted to shoot, beat, or harm anyone for them for just being an a-hole. I will be sarcastic with them, and I will charge them with everything I can...guy calls me a a-hole loudly, I charge him with disorderly conduct on top of whatever charges I have...I will also tell him I hope he enjoys his stay at in our local 'Hotel' and I'll see him in 3 to 5 years... I wouldn't (and nobody I work with) would intentionally hurt somebody just for being a jackass.

ButterflyGirl said:
If I ever see Heath in person I will definitely run in another direction away from me because he sounds like he would be willing to kill someone who ticks him off :Ohno:

:gpost:

I'll join with you in case, ButterflyGirl

:Ohno:

First of all you guys are making me out to be the bad guy here. Remember the dispute has been going on for 5 years and he has some kid from hell causing him trouble and grief. Granted he should have gone to the police and I am sure he already took counter-measures such as putting a fence up and things like that and Here is this kid still walking in his yard without his permission. He snapped and he had the right to snap.... it was in how he handled the situation when he snapped and the outcome of that was not so good. That kid could have been physically threatening to harm him and his own parents were no help to that US Navy veteran who did everything to resolve this dispute. I think he gave up when the police were no help either. He is 66 years old and getting on in his years. He would not be able to fight like he used when he was younger, fast, strong and agile. He probably had repeatedly warned that boy to stay off the property or something bad will happen. He paid for it with his own life. There is no confusion here, pure and simple he told the boy to stay the hell off his property for 5 years and did everything by the book then one day he snapped.

Taylor I think you are feeding me a line of b.s. because I grew up around soldiers and policemen and many different types of people and I have seen policemen want to shoot somebody but they were not allowed to yet. I watched the policemen fight with many different suspects and many times I could see the policemen just wanted to shoot the bad guy and end the fight right there on the spot. I don't blame the policemen. He is only human and he got the same emotions as all of us do.

Butterfly, there is no way I would do that and I am not like a criminal that sits all day on the street drinking and getting drunk then looking to put somebody in a world of hurt or an early grave. I have been through some very violent and very ugly situations myself. I would not hurt somebody for the hell of it or anything like that. I avoid fights as much as I can because I am human and I can die too so can somebody else and I don't think like that at all but I can understand how that US Navy veteran felt plus today I see so many kids it is terrible, man.... When I was growing up I did not have those problems kids today have to an extreme level.

There were still good moral values and in the American national life we used to obey God and now look on the tv nightly news then if you compare that with 25-30-40-50 years ago. You would never find that kind of thing happening at all so that says alots about the state of our American youth. We need to stop this and start re-educating our American youth and instill good moral values , listening and obedience etc like when we used to without all this politically correct crap.

I am done here and I am very fed up with the direction of where America is going. It did not use to be like this at all.

Heath said:
First of all you guys are making me out to be the bad guy here.

Honestly, I'm not trying to make you out of a bad guy in here or trying to attack you or anything, just wanted to hear why you feel he did the right thing.....

Remember the dispute has been going on for 5 years and he has some kid from hell causing him trouble and grief. Granted he should have gone to the police and I am sure he already took counter-measures such as putting a fence up and things like that and Here is this kid still walking in his yard without his permission. He snapped and he had the right to snap.... it was in how he handled the situation when he snapped and the outcome of that was not so good. That kid could have been physically threatening to harm him and his own parents were no help to that US Navy veteran who did everything to resolve this dispute. I think he gave up when the police were no help either. He is 66 years old and getting on in his years. He would not be able to fight like he used when he was younger, fast, strong and agile. He probably had repeatedly warned that boy to stay off the property or something bad will happen. He paid for it with his own life. There is no confusion here, pure and simple he told the boy to stay the hell off his property for 5 years and did everything by the book then one day he snapped.

But shooting some kid just cause he's on his property doesn't make it right Heath, and beside the kid didn't harm him nor tried to, all he did was walk on his grass and he let his anger effect it by killing this kid, its makes the whole thing alot worse, we got to think twice on how to deal with such a situation like this and it wise to walk away from it by cooling off and take a few deep breath and then find another way on how to handle such a situation in a much calmer manner....

Now this young boy is killed cause this man couldn't control his anger and think that shooting a kid will solves all of his problems, I would suggest him to think again cause it looks like he's will be heading to prison for allowing his anger takes control over the whole situation....

It's sad to know why some people hurt others just because they're mad, it almost the same with abusive couples, beating their wives up just cause they're angry, I just don't understand, I mean why hurt them? :(

Heath,

I agreed with everybody in here.

Remember, Taylor is a policeman. He knew more abt them than you do.

Same as my father, he was general for Army. I bet he wont shot ANY kids if they touch his property, he would do something same like, set the fence up or dicussion with them or whatever like that...

Let me ask you something, you can answer this if you want to.

How would you feel when that guy shot your son for touching his property by a bit of inch simple?

Heath, you can talk till your'e blue in the face, insult Taylor and still not even begin to come close to justifying this death.

Tousi said:
Heath, you can talk till your'e blue in the face, insult Taylor and still not even begin to come close to justifying this death.

Look here, I was not insulting Taylor at all. I found it odd that he would say that because I grew up with soldiers and policemen. Some of my family, relatives and friends are policemen themselves and I have seen the honesty, the anger and everything in their faces as they went on about their duty.

In today's world with so many bad teenagers becoming increasingly dangerous and violent. I am not saying I justify his death or anything like that but I am pointing out that it is not worth to treat somebody bad because what if one day somebody met someone who seriously could do those things. I realize this was a series of events that led him to taking this course of action. What if he met somebody who was the real deal with a very short fuse?

I mean I am saying pretty soon the courts will not be on the kid's side anymore as more kids are being tried as adults and things like that. I have no sympathy for the bad teenagers of today. They know better but don't care.

If that was my son, sure I would be pissed off but un-like those parents I would have worked with my neighbor to come to a positive solution to the problem with my son because I care.

His parents did not care to help him and let the problem fester then the stage was set for a really bad day one of these days and boom !!! It happened.

If his parents had bothered to look out the window and take control of the situation then they would not have a dead boy on their hands. Read the article again and you will see that the parents were of no help. His parents let him harrass that old man who never bothered anybody in the first place.

I am done discussing here.

Well, Heath, in addition to Taylor, I, too, have had family members in the armed forces and law enforcement and I don't know a single one of them who holds a perspective like yours. Makes me wonder who you've hung around with: I've heard occasional stories of very small town/country law enforcement people (and also sometimes depicted on TV, scripts from real life) who might be like the ones your'e talking about. I don't think I need to go into detail here.....if you get my drift.

I hear what you say what you would do in a similar situation just as your law enforecement relatives must have done. Did any of them kill anyone under similar circumstances? You said they held back.

This guy in the story DID NOT. End of story....if the story is complete; he will rot in a 6 by 6 and long for the green, green grass of home.....

Heath said:
What does gay have to do with shooting somebody with a shotgun off their property?

where have you been as the word gay do have a new meaning besides homosexuality?

ah the term gay also means idiotic that is as iditotic as your comment bashing against my comment and you are SO gay for saying that!

(remember no need to jump to concusltions as this term has nothing to do with the homosexuality as it is just part of a slang english language.)

Steel X said:
(remember no need to jump to concusltions as this term has nothing to do with the homosexuality as it is just part of a slang english language.)

Doesn't mean it's a good term to use.

You wouldn't say "That's so BLACK" or "That's so JEWISH" to describe something you didn't like, would you? To me, saying "That's so gay" is no different.

Sorry, but this is one of those things I feel strongly about.

Heath said:
Taylor, he may have given a military reaction to a civilian situation.

I don't know any term in any military law in ANY country that says it's OK to make the mistake of applying military rules to civilian life, with the exception of feudal societies which do not make a distinction between the two.

In feudal Japan a samurai could kill a commoner for any or no reason at any time. In modern democratic America retired military officers can't just shoot anyone unless it's in self defense. The kid was shot on his own lawn by a man who clearly is just incredibly anal-retentive about his own lawn. The man made the conscious and calm decision to end the kid's life. No, that's not called "self defense". That's called "murder". And more importantly, it says that the man who killed the kid is a sociopath, which makes it even more important that he get locked up for a long time.

Heath said:

Wow, I actually agree with Heath on something. WTF? :roll:

Heath said:
First of all you guys are making me out to be the bad guy here.

Heath, having read a lot of your posts since I started posting, I'd say that usually you are the bad guy. You make big, bold statements and are usually the least knowledgable about what you're talking about.

Heath said:
Remember the dispute has been going on for 5 years and he has some kid from hell causing him trouble and grief. Granted he should have gone to the police and I am sure he already took counter-measures such as putting a fence up and things like that and Here is this kid still walking in his yard without his permission.

That's unsubstantiated speculation. Did the article say that this is the case? It's relevant information. If it is true and the article didn't say it, the reporter is very bad at their job and should probably lose it. But chances are, if they've been there for at least a little while, they'd include logical things like noting that the man built a fence.

Heath said:
He snapped and he had the right to snap.... it was in how he handled the situation when he snapped and the outcome of that was not so good.

No one has the right kill another human being. It doesn't matter whether he snapped or not. That's just evidence that he's mentally ill and needs to be locked up. It's not a defense.

Heath said:
That kid could have been physically threatening to harm him and his own parents were no help to that US Navy veteran who did everything to resolve this dispute.

Speculation. Cite a credible source. You're usually one of the least informed of what you're discussing, so your word isn't worth anything to anyone on this forum.

Heath said:
I think he gave up when the police were no help either.

Did he go to the police?

Heath said:
He is 66 years old and getting on in his years. He would not be able to fight like he used when he was younger, fast, strong and agile. He probably had repeatedly warned that boy to stay off the property or something bad will happen. He paid for it with his own life. There is no confusion here, pure and simple he told the boy to stay the hell off his property for 5 years and did everything by the book then one day he snapped.

There's no confusion here--You're dreaming up new parts to the story that aren't real to compensate for the fact that he's a retired officer and you cannot fathom that the military can do wrong because you're ignorant and have no concept of reality.

Heath said:
Taylor I think you are feeding me a line of b.s. because I grew up around soldiers and policemen and many different types of people and I have seen policemen want to shoot somebody but they were not allowed to yet.

That's nice. Who is the police officer again? Oh yeah, it's Taylor. I think he has more knowledge about his experiences than you do, as you've probably never met him in person and haven't lived his life. Why don't you let him do his job rather than tell him he's lying because his experiences don't fall into line with what you, a bystander not working in law enforcement at all, think all officers go through all the time?

Heath said:
When I was growing up I did not have those problems kids today have to an extreme level.

No, you have them today, as an adult, where they're all that more dangerous.

Heath said:
There were still good moral values and in the American national life we used to obey God and now look on the tv nightly news then if you compare that with 25-30-40-50 years ago. I am done here and I am very fed up with the direction of where America is going. It did not use to be like this at all.

You only think things used to be better because you're misinformed and have a very poor understanding of history. Technology has advanced, but really our lives have not changed a whole lot in the last 100 years.

Rose Immortal said:
You wouldn't say "That's so BLACK" or "That's so JEWISH" to describe something you didn't like, would you?

I've actually heard people say "That's so Jewish"... It pisses me off to no end.

Back