Mall of America

Never been there but would like to go and see it.

I would like to see it someday. My daughter did buy me a pair of socks there one time when she went with her family.

Right, and the old home plate is on a floor somewhere within...didn't have time to find it the only time I visited the MOA......

The homeplate located inside of amusement park next to the seat pole elevator (NW area).

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

shel90 said:
Never been there but would like to go and see it.

Its huge! It will probably take you few days to actually take a good look at the whole mall. If you walked fast. It will take you at least a hour or two.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Its huge! It will probably take you few days to actually take a good look at the whole mall. If you walked fast. It will take you at least a hour or two.

Subjective. The SQ footage of the place is pretty big. But I think the malls we have here are actually more "useful" and bigger in a sense.

IE: 4 something mil sqft that has 2 of everything, 2 panda express, 3 claries, etc.. vs 2.5mil sqfoot that has 1 of everything.

There is quite a large mall in Alberta. I've been to the place, and I can vouch that it's pretty big. It even has an indoor skating rink, a big water park, amusement park, a hotel, aquarium, submarine ride, the list goes on and on.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada's West Edmonton Mall includes over 800 retail stores, six amusement attractions and a 335-room hotel, the Fantasyland Hotel, which includes eleven types of themed rooms, from the Igloo Room to the Bridal Suite. In addition to over 100 restaurants, the mall includes themed streets such as Europa Boulevard and Bourbon Street. West Edmonton Mall in anchored by eight department stores.

http://geography.about.com/od/culturalgeography/a/shoppingmalls.htm

Been to MOA once. Ate at the Rain forest cafe and walked around some. :)

The MOA was built on/near the old Met Stadium grounds. Not the Metrodome, which still exists. The Met Stadium hosted the Twins and the North Stars before they relocated to Texas. The Vikings play at the Metrodome.

Vikings last 2 home games last season wasnt played at Metrodome. :giggle:
The dome caved in from all that snow on top of it. Vikings reached agreement to built a new stadium and they are waiting for approval. They also one of five or six teams in the mix to move to LA. Minnesota Lakers moved to LA and became LA Lakers.

Vikings last 2 home games last season wasnt played at Metrodome. :giggle:
The dome caved in from all that snow on top of it. Vikings reached agreement to built a new stadium and they are waiting for approval. They also one of five or six teams in the mix to move to LA. Minnesota Lakers moved to LA and became LA Lakers.

Yep that right, the MN Lakers played in old Army Armory basketball court to play in downtown minneapolis, till the team moved to LA. The army abandoned the armory and it's converted to Public Parking/Ambulance garage till later Ambulance moved to new location near the hospital while public garage kept in for lifetime.

The vikings moved to TCF stadium in the Univ of Minn campus after the dome's roof torn down by the winter storm hits.

Back