Major need of prayers and well wishes

steph9700

Reaction score
My best friend who also happens to be my cousin Christy lost her husband Saturday night to a gunshot. He apparently was playing Russian Roulette and "won the bullet" but this hasn't been verified just yet. His services will be held at Bell Funeral Home in Sumiton Alabama. His name is officially listed as: Mark Shonkwiler and the link is: Bell Funeral Home Sumiton : Sumiton, Alabama (AL)
They have 2 boys, 6 year old Nathaniel and 3 year old Aron, and she is 5 months pregnant with their daughter Peyton. She is asking if you want to send flowers not to because they don't have anywhere to put them as he is going to be cremated and his ashes will be split into 3 parts, 1 going to his dad's house, 2nd going to Christy and the kids, and the 3rd going to his family up north. If you would like to send some type of donation to help her and the kids like paying for the funeral or future costs of life in general to send donation with her name "Christy Shonkwiler" in the pay to part to my address, if you want my addy just send me a pm and I will send it to you, otherwise a nice condolence on the bell website would be appropriate. I am trying to find more info on what definitely happened Saturday night so just bear with me and send her a nice thought at the link I provided, the funeral home will print out all of the online replies and give them to her free of charge.

Sorry to hear that :(

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during the difficult time..

Mod note:

This thread will be sticky for the time being for those who would like to post prayers and send well wishes...

I am so sorry to hear about this. :(

You and your family are in my prayers and thoughts.

I'm very sorry to know about the loss of your beloved one... :(

I am sorry to hear about this. You and your family are in my prayers and thoughts. :(

I am very sorry for your loss. I will pray for the family.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Very sorry to hear of the terrible loss... my condolences to the family...

Thanks, every prayer and every thought helps, I am working on the computer today scanning in pictures to cut and crop so we can put them on one of those digital picture frames for her. with my hubby being a techy and all one of the rewards or gifts sent to him by one of the companies he does business with was a nine inch digital picture frame that cycles pics like a photo slide would. we are letting her have it and a 4 gig SD card to put into it and I am fixing all the pictures up and putting them on the card for her. It will be out in the lobby area of the funeral home where the sign in book are so people can see and talk about the memories as it goes through and shows them. Also, do any of you have any of the following songs that you could send me so she can have them played at the funeral service?...
1. God Bless The Broken Road by Rascal Flats
2. My Last Name by Deirks Bentley
3. From This Moment by Shania Twain and Brian (Green or White)
4. I Cross My Heart by George Straight
5. Come Home Soon by SheDaisy

yes they are country , that is why I don't have them, if you would p.m. me and let me know I would definitely appreciate it and I think Christy will too.

Sorry to hear this.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.
:hug:

I found the songs that she wanted plus some others, got them downloaded and installed on a flash drive and we are gonna meet up in Jasper after while and add some more pictures to the digital frame i have for her. I been up all night worried about her but she is hanging in there so well! I am so very proud of her! Thank you guys for your thought, prayers and well wishes, they seem to be helping her so much!

I am wondering if they would accept PayPal? Because I might have some amount of money in my paypal account for working my butt off over on websites but it would worth the money goes to a person who death that the family needs. If paypal is accepted then I will see if I have enough of $ to donate.

my deep condolence... but I'm just appalled to why would they play Russian Roulette with real bullet (even though that is not verified yet).

Back