MacBook vs. MacBook Pro

when you save the document in openoffice, you can save it in WORDS format

That's why I changed save default from "docx" to "doc" from my Office 2008 and docx is very stupid idea since most people can't open docx format from their outdate software.

Our customer brought Quark's files from his Apple Mac at our company. Few times, we saw not 100 percent perfect on Quark on our Windows from their Mac. I prefer not make big mess with their file. So, we let customer fixed his/her file in our Quark (Win). Then, I make set up to print.

Most time, our company prefer to see any customer bring PDF to use our larger color printer. Canon imagePROGRAF iPF9100

we do service like that PosterPrints | Large Format Digital Printing and Displays for museum, display, shopping, etc....

About 4 years ago, our company dump Apple Mac because of freeze up with not finish print. Waste our papers and fabric. I took Mac home then I fed up with Mac. Last summer, I sold Mac at craigslist.

What kind of Mac you sold?

User don't know how to save correct format file like your son.

No matter about Mac. PC user save wrong format from their Office 2007 and send email to someone with office 2003 and they can't open file from their office 2003.
Eye for an eye - Lessons learned from Microsoft's patent debacle

Microsoft to pay i4i $290-million and stop selling any version of Word or Office that could create .XML, .DOCX or .DOCM files that contained custom XML formatting. But, now Microsoft has run up the white flag and the company is frantically jerking the feature out of its currently shipping Office programs.
:laugh2:

BTW I played around with iPF9100 from my old job before. :)

Almost two years, my first time to see file docx format at our company. We had hard time to open files on our Office XP. So, I sent file to our other company has Office 2007. They made convert to doc format.

Almost two years, my first time to see file docx format at our company. We had hard time to open files on our Office XP. So, I sent file to our other company has Office 2007. They made convert to doc format.

See! Nothing do with Mac. It's user error. :giggle:

you can download compatibility patch from microsoft for your old office program to read new office files

Our customer brought Quark's files from his Apple Mac at our company. Few times, we saw not 100 percent perfect on Quark on our Windows from their Mac. I prefer not make big mess with their file. So, we let customer fixed his/her file in our Quark (Win). Then, I make set up to print.

Most time, our company prefer to see any customer bring PDF to use our larger color printer. Canon imagePROGRAF iPF9100

we do service like that PosterPrints | Large Format Digital Printing and Displays for museum, display, shopping, etc....

About 4 years ago, our company dump Apple Mac because of freeze up with not finish print. Waste our papers and fabric. I took Mac home then I fed up with Mac. Last summer, I sold Mac at craigslist.

Wow, I understand how you feel about it. Unfortunate and fortunate, it is now that there are better Apple computers (especially newer iMac G5 Intel) they have so much improved now. Honestly, I was so mad that I bought my Apple G5 2 dual computer about five years ago which was very expensive at that time because it does not have an Intel chip. But, I still love my computer and still use it. I plan to buy an iMac this spring. I would keep my old computer and convert it to an Apple computer server someday.

I learned that we still have to do research before we buy one for our own business. For example, we should have asked someone at the store and they will tell us what software is compatible with other computers like Windows, very especially types of formats because many of us never asked the expert dealer about it. I'm not talking about a special software to switch to a different operating system like Parallel or Boots. Oh, I'm late I have to be at the garage and have my truck for oil change, bank, and etc. Maybe, we could rob at the bank and buy everything new from computer to house.

My sister owns a printing company, and there are about 20 new Apple computers now. They are doing very well - they print the large format like the one you have for your business.

Wow, I understand how you feel about it. Unfortunate and fortunate, it is now that there are better Apple computers (especially newer iMac G5 Intel) they have so much improved now. Honestly, I was so mad that I bought my Apple G5 2 dual computer about five years ago which was very expensive at that time because it does not have an Intel chip. But, I still love my computer and still use it. I plan to buy an iMac this spring. I would keep my old computer and convert it to an Apple computer server someday.

I learned that we still have to do research before we buy one for our own business. For example, we should have asked someone at the store and they will tell us what software is compatible with other computers like Windows, very especially types of formats because many of us never asked the expert dealer about it. I'm not talking about a special software to switch to a different operating system like Parallel or Boots. Oh, I'm late I have to be at the garage and have my truck for oil change, bank, and etc. Maybe, we could rob at the bank and buy everything new from computer to house.

My sister owns a printing company, and there are about 20 new Apple computers now. They are doing very well - they print the large format like the one you have for your business.

I admit I was mad at Mac with IBM in past, it keep crash on me all times at high school. Thank god Apple switched to Intel and Intel is more stable ever!

Do you know why many xbox360s have ring of death issue because xbox360 use IBM CPU.

Stupid IBM CPU.

I admit I was mad at Mac with IBM in past, it keep crash on me all times at high school. Thank god Apple switched to Intel and Intel is more stable ever!

Do you know why many xbox360s have ring of death issue because xbox360 use IBM CPU.

Stupid IBM CPU.

Oh yeah, I was mad at IBM too. They caused so many delays with clock speed updates on the Macs in the past. Good thing Apple fed up and moved on to Intel. They sure were prepared for that for years.

I had visited at Apple store yesterday and looked for iPhone external battery pack but i disliked some battery pack. I will order other battery pack online soon.

So I saw MacBook Pro's and Macbook's on booth tables. that s awesome! Smooth and easy to set up it. I really like MacBook Pro including 250 GB hard drive but too costly at $1499 and request P3 software. I still hunt for low price of it on Ebay but cost is least $1300. Help me for low cost price. I won't buy used one.

Common sense is save your money.

Sorry, I forget to say...
It was G4 (non-Intel CPU) and nice style tower case. I am not sure how much Mhz.... something like 900 Mhz

Pretty old one there. I am using an eMac here which is 1 GHz...slow for youtube videos but not too bad for basic tasks.

Sorry, I forget to say...
It was G4 (non-Intel CPU) and nice style tower case. I am not sure how much Mhz.... something like 900 Mhz

Once You own the Mac with Intel core 2 duo and you will love it.

IBM CPU is unstable like Intel Celeron.

Once You own the Mac with Intel core 2 duo and you will love it.

IBM CPU is unstable like Intel Celeron.

agreed. My previous job provided me G4 (or was it called G5?) for web developing and I absolutely LOVE it

So I saw MacBook Pro's and Macbook's on booth tables. that s awesome! Smooth and easy to set up it. I really like MacBook Pro including 250 GB hard drive but too costly at $1499 and request P3 software. I still hunt for low price of it on Ebay but cost is least $1300. Help me for low cost price. I won't buy used one.

At Best Buy.... they sell "opened box" for less expensive. Last time, I saw Macbook Pro laptop for under $899 and Macbook started at $700. Most time, they quick sold out (Mac laptop or mini). Usually discount 15 percent off for opened boxes.

Very very few more than 40% off. Last August, I grabbed HP Laptop with Core Duo for $300 better than $659. I tried to ask for "opened box" Mac Mini for half price off (from retail price) but they said no!!! Just 15% off.

At Best Buy.... they sell "opened box" for less expensive. Last time, I saw Macbook Pro laptop for under $899 and Macbook started at $700. Most time, they quick sold out (Mac laptop or mini). Usually discount 15 percent off for opened boxes.

Very very few more than 40% off. Last August, I grabbed HP Laptop with Core Duo for $300 better than $659. I tried to ask for "opened box" Mac Mini for half price off (from retail price) but they said no!!! Just 15% off.

Really! I had visited at Best Buy but didn't see "opened box" for Macbook or Macbook pro yet.

I will wait to hear about new iSlate or iTable at SF Mac convention on January 27.

Chevy57.... lot people do not know that Best Buy sell "opened box" for less price than retail price. They do not know where stock at somewhere in computer dept. I do know where is cabinet that they have few opened boxes or no boxes.

My suggest.... you will ask Best Buy's workers at Computer Dept. They will show you where is it. Sometime not in stock.

Your word is not correct "iTable". It should say iTablet.
Yes, I am interested in Apple iTablet or iSlate. I hope that price like netbook or giant iPhone.

Yeah, one time I bought a iPod Touch 16 GB for $185 at Best Buy which was a open box item.

Yeah, one time I bought a iPod Touch 16 GB for $185 at Best Buy which was a opened box item.

Better than over $200.

Chevy57.... asked Best Buy's worker. If, they do not have any opened box in stock in your local. Please asked him/her to check dbase on computer to see other local has "OB" in stock.

I learned code is "OB". Same as Opened Box from Circuit City.

When you visit at Best Buy's returned/refund/exchange. Keep eye on any Apple Mac on the shelf (seperate from Geek Dept). They used to test and check any defect and re-install OS before put on sale or return to HP, Dell, Apple, etc. I live near to two different Best Buy. One place is easy to see test/inspect/re-install OS on the shelf. Other Best Buy has room so, I do not see any test lab.

where can I find open-box MacBook Pro 15"?

My iMac and my Mac laptop are about 4 yrs old and can't wait to replace them with today's latest and greatest!

Back