MacBook vs. MacBook Pro

Like what?

Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat, MS Office for Windows.
If, I buy Mac system then I have to buy MS Office for MAC, buy Adobe Photoshop for Mac, etc.
Few softwares accept both Win and MAC (like that Tax Cut, Turbo Tax, etc).

If, I buy Mac system then I have to buy MS Office for MAC, buy Adobe Photoshop for Mac, etc.

Why Acrobat? OSX already built-in for PDF and Windows don't.

Openoffice.org is free for OSX. Adode Photoshop, you still buy another one for new PC.

Almost all computers have Acrobat Reader. It is not like Full Verison.

Most time, I use (full verison - Acrobat Prof) Acrobat at work. Paste, cut, edit, import any photo/scan/newspaper/blueprint/Tiff/JPEG/DOC/DWG(AutoCAD), set up password, to make PDF for customers. At work, They think that I am master on Acrobat. Nobody has higher skill on Acrobat at our company.

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/

I used to have Acrobat Pro 8. My personal, I like Acrobat 7 or 8 better than Acrobat 9.

PDF is good for wide computer user Mac, Win, Linux, etc.
Great for Acrobat Reader (free)

My son used to have Openoffice at college. His teacher has MS Words. They can't open file and can't read any files from Openoffice. They gave him "F"!! He is not happy with Openoffice. He had to use MS Words.

Most time, I use (full verison Prof) Acrobat at work. Paste, cut, edit, import, convert, set up password, to make PDF for customers.

PDF is good for wide computer user Mac, Win, Linux, etc. Great for Acrobat Reader (free)

Yes, I did same thing and no cost for OSX. Thanks to Apple.

iLife software comes with five software - nice ones:

iPhoto (digital pictures from your digital camera)
iMovie (making movies)
GarageBand (making music - some hard of hearies use it)
iWeb (create basic websites)
iDVD

$79.00 for iLife.

iWork comes with three different softwares:

Pages (word processor) - It also saves PDF documents.
Numbers (spreadsheet) - same above.
Keynote (slide shows)

$79.00 for iWork.

You could find cheaper ones for the price comparison on Google. I have these software on my computer. I personally don't use GarageBand and iDVD.

iLife software comes with five software - nice ones:

iPhoto (digital pictures from your digital camera)
iMovie (making movies)
GarageBand (making music - some hard of hearies use it)
iWeb (create basic websites)
iDVD

$79.00 for iLife.

iWork comes with three different softwares:

Pages (word processor) - It also saves PDF documents.
Numbers (spreadsheet) - same above.
Keynote (slide shows)

$79.00 for iWork.

You could find cheaper ones for the price comparison on Google. I have these software on my computer. I personally don't use GarageBand and iDVD.

If you buy brand new computer and it come with free iLife. I have free iLife. :)

You can save PDF documents without iWork.

25jihjq.png

I will not jump to Mac. We still use AutoCAD for Win. Most time, I used to import AutoCAD's files to Acrobat.
Just checked Autodesk's website. I seem that they do not have AutoCAD for Mac.

Please see page 5 (System Require)
http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/autocad_2010qa_final.pdf

As you know how much cost AutoCAD software!!!

Good for you.

I was studied on AutoCAD 2002 at college before and I dropped it out because it's bored to me. Yes, I know about cost.

Chevy57 don't need AutoCAD for business. so AutoCAD is pointless for this thread.

Good for you.

I was studied on AutoCAD 2002 at college before and I dropped it out because it's bored to me. Yes, I know about cost.

Chevy57 don't need AutoCAD for business. so AutoCAD is pointless for this thread.

I never study AutoCAD at special class or college. I do not make any drawing. One afternoon, I was quick to learn something from someone use AutoCAD. Kept practice to get know something about AutoCAD. Most time, I am doing to make convert into PDF or TIFF or other filename in color or black & white.

At my work, they dump Apple Mac because decrease number of our customers. Long time, I do not see any customer bring software for Apple Mac. So, we use any softwares for win.

Also, I am free lance photo for NCAA football and Press Dept. Most times, I saw people use PC laptops are popular more than Mac Laptops. Sometime, I like to have Mac Laptop but not really need. No sense for me to spend my money on Mac.

I agree with you that Chevy57 does not need AutoCAD or 3D Studio MAX. Good for him to use Mac or PC with any OS

AutoCAD is not great for everyone or hobby. Just good for my job at our company.

Also, they do not have 3D Studio MAX for Apple Mac. Best know famous baby dancing came from 3D Studio MAX. Most Film Insdustrial or Video Game Designer used to 3D Studio MAX

13749-w520.gif

I have heard about the AutoCAD a few years ago. It looks impressive tools. It can run on Windows on the Mac unless you want to start your own business then go for it.

I would imagine if I could get tired of to have my own AutoCAD at home so it would be better off to separate two computers such as a business computer and a personal computer. I personally would never mix with my business work and personal work in one computer.

I thought that you might to read two articles:

Apple - Business - Mac Solutions - Architecture

Architosh: News > The Ultimate Xeon CAD Workstation is a Mac Pro - Apple Clobbers Dell on Price and Flexibility

Apple business link:

A list of departments they use on Apple computers from account management to graphic designer:
Apple - Business - Profiles

I had a dream to start a business myself in the wrong path because I was thinking of a big company. That's not how it works. Starting at the bottom as a small business - it can be embarrassing to work at home or in the garage at first. But, these people started with their business - see the link above "list of departments..." Actually, I think that we need more deaf people to set up their own company now because many companies are not hiring deaf and handicapped people for years even it does not matter that it's the law that they must hire them. ADA allows them to sue a company as long as it has to be about 15 unemployed people to get started.

Why Acrobat? OSX already built-in for PDF and Windows don't.

Openoffice.org is free for OSX. Adode Photoshop, you still buy another one for new PC.

Only negative that advance postscript doesn't work well on OSX when it being design on other app. So, just need, in case.

It cost so nothing so you know, go figure out.

I thought that you might to read two articles:

Architosh: News > The Ultimate Xeon CAD Workstation is a Mac Pro - Apple Clobbers Dell on Price and Flexibility

Apple business link:

A list of departments they use on Apple computers from account management to graphic designer:
Apple - Business - Profiles

I had a dream to start a business myself in the wrong path because I was thinking of a big company. That's not how it works. Starting at the bottom as a small business - it can be embarrassing to work at home or in the garage at first. But, these people started with their business - see the link above "list of departments..." Actually, I think that we need more deaf people to set up their own company now because many companies are not hiring deaf and handicapped people for years even it does not matter that it's the law that they must hire them. ADA allows them to sue a company as long as it has to be about 15 unemployed people to get started.

Still too risk!!! If, you want to send files to Kinko service or reprographic service or graphic industrial. They may not support other than AutoCAD.
They always have main softwares like AutoCAD, Photoshop, Quark, PowerPoint, Excel, Acrobat, Microstation, etc. They may not support Corel Draw, TurboCAD, FilePRO, MS Publisher, Adobe Pagemaker, Corel WordPerfect, other apps.

Mac and PC will accept import files from Quark, Photoshop, PowerPoint, Words, Excel, some softwares. It may be not perfect format.

My son used to have Openoffice at college. His teacher has MS Words. They can't open file and can't read any files from Openoffice. They gave him "F"!! He is not happy with Openoffice. He had to use MS Words.

when you save the document in openoffice, you can save it in WORDS format

AutoCAD is not great for everyone or hobby. Just good for my job at our company.

I love AutoCAD. I do it for hobby. I learned it from college as well.

Are you sure? I have no problem with both Windows and OSX.

Our customer brought Quark's files from his Apple Mac at our company. Few times, we saw not 100 percent perfect on Quark on our Windows from their Mac. I prefer not make big mess with their file. So, we let customer fixed his/her file in our Quark (Win). Then, I make set up to print.

Most time, our company prefer to see any customer bring PDF to use our larger color printer. Canon imagePROGRAF iPF9100

we do service like that PosterPrints | Large Format Digital Printing and Displays for museum, display, shopping, etc....

About 4 years ago, our company dump Apple Mac because of freeze up with not finish print. Waste our papers and fabric. I took Mac home then I fed up with Mac. Last summer, I sold Mac at craigslist.

Back