Mac vs PC

Originally posted by illustrator
There's currently a high market of Home Users using Dell, HP/Compusa, Gateway, and emachines. There are few stores that order bulk parts and build their own computers and sell. Right now, it's cheaper to buy in bulk from any of those major companies and resell them.
I don't care about custom computer, because it's always better for brain-freak-computer

So you're saying that you're not a brain-freak-mac because you don't have a custom mac. lol.

It took a while for me to buy them cheaply. I failed to mention that list came with a 17 inch monitor.
Have you think about get 19 inch monitor? It's pretty cheaper ;)

No because at that time when athlon xp 2100+ just came out...everything was high so I tried to beat a friend's bet of how cheap I could be. I made it sub-thousand dollars including everything to make it ready for internet and serious gamings.

You didn't answer my question, who else sells those apple systems?
MacZone, CompUSA, Fry's, and more other business have author to sell Apple systems

Where do they buy their systems from? Oh...apple. That's why it's totally propertiary. :p

Are you saying that every opinions written by those authors are facts not opinions?
It's like when you expert the caveman to see how old it is until you find other scienfic whom have same theory, then it prove well.

Everyone used to think the world was flat..until one man...just one man...yes, just ONE man....proved the rest of them wrong. :p

So you're saying that you're not a brain-freak-mac because you don't have a custom mac. lol.
Well, that's true. :o Frankly, I don't want to waste my time to custom. It seem too much for me. I have full-time job, and want to avoid the computer and spend my life more. I am sure other fellows want to do same thing. :D

Everyone used to think the world was flat..until one man...just one man...yes, just ONE man....proved the rest of them wrong. :p
I don't read the reviews or anyone's feedback about Mac OS X until I test myself for quite of time. I find out is very satisfactory. :P

Originally posted by illustrator
You don't know how the business work. Have you hear of supply n' demand? compare to Apple and PC. There are million and million PC are sell than Apple, that's why the value is higher. It's same concept as comic magazine, when you find X-Men #50 (2nd series) only have holorgram cover that prints only less 500. That's reason why it cost more. More important, it has higher quanity than PCs unless you able to custom your own computer for under budget.

Dont assume that I dont know how to run a business, in fact I have one that being hold right now. Education comes first.

and by the way the real business doesnt work like that. They will get limited profit instead of rolling in moolahs. In my opinion, that method is pretty stupid cuz the company sells limited product at normal price, and their resale value will increase after more people want it. That means company wont make any extra money for making rare items. Think about it.

Originally posted by SilenceGold
Put an apple user and windows user in a closet...you would see blood coming out under the closet door.

Put an apple programmer and windows programmer in a closet...they will walk out in few hours later with new ideas. :D

That wont work for me, I tried to work with this dude who writes with code warrior. Hes one egostical bastard.

Well, as a slight coder for FreeBSD...there was a Darwin developer who joined a #freebsdhelp channel on efnet. He asked around about a bit of details about freebsd's system. I helped him somewhat to get it partially ported to OS X. He wanted to add me on his aim but I have resisted since I knew that I would be bombed with too much questions from him. :D

Originally posted by SilenceGold
Well, as a slight coder for FreeBSD...there was a Darwin developer who joined a #freebsdhelp channel on efnet. He asked around about a bit of details about freebsd's system. I helped him somewhat to get it partially ported to OS X. He wanted to add me on his aim but I have resisted since I knew that I would be bombed with too much questions from him. :D

haha I dont blame ya. I would do same thing if I was in your shoe.

I like macs a lot better than PCs. Sadly, it is true there is not enough software for macs, because developers are concentrating on the availability of PCs. If you get a mac, get Mac OSX (X = 10) and get an eMac, I've heard those looks good. Macs are great for graphics etc. The only reason I use a PC is for my website work becasue FTP doesn't work on my mac for some reason. It might be the IE but I tried it in Opera also. Macs rule!!!

Ziusudra

I like both...I want to buy my next computer -- MAC, but hubby's not too keen on the idea. :( :dunno: if I will get MAC as my next computer in the near future. Will have to wait and see.

Justin Sane said:
Mac's memory usage is not as reliable as windows are.

You are right for that matter. But you don't know what you are talking about when it comes down to Mac. I don't know how much you know or what is your experience with Macs in the past. And I don't know when was the last time you used Macs. If you have used Macs in the past more than two years ago. If THAT is the case, you'd be shockingly surprised about major change betweem legacy MacOS 9 or earlier versions VS. so-called 'next generation, industrial-strength' OSX. Prior to OSX, I agree with you that legacy 'old' MacOS is unreliable... memory problems... But with OSX, it is totally different system architecture with more stable. It runs much more efficient and productive... What you see in OSX in front of you, all you see all those awesome 'Aqua' interface, there is other system behind you under the hood of OSX -- that is called Unix. At any rate, Unix-based is far more reliable, superiority and efficient than Windows.

I strongly encourage that you go and stop in one of Apple Computer retail stores (or any CompUSA or other stores that sells Macs), you'd be surprised and impressed with current OSX v. 10.2.6.

I'd bet that OSX will blow your mind big time! For those who says that Macs really sucks or something. You obviously don't want to acknowledge the facts that Apple Computer 'contribute' greatly to personal computer industry big time. Lot of things that Window or MS "steal" or 'borrow' technologies that Apple Computer invented or introduced, MS or PCs like to claim or pass it off as they own these technologies.

Who created mouses? Apple Computer. Who created WiFi - wireless technologies? Apple Computer. Who created world-fastest personal computer? Apple Computer (in partnership with IBM creating world's most advanced microprocessor called 64-bit). [Windows XP still use 32bit system]. Most servers use 64-bit microprocessor technology such as Unix, Sun, etc. Servers are not 100 percent personal computer.

And list goes on endless... For that matter, it is wise for people out there need to do research, gather information (FACTS, FACTS, FACTS) and acknowledge.

Let's say if it weren't for Apple Computer in existence, or Macintoshes were introduced back in early 1980's, I'd bet you that Microsoft Corporatioin probably won't develop advanced OS system like we are experiencing these days. Apple Computer gets lot of credit for making lot of personal computers more reliable, afforable and easier to use. Time = Money.

Of course, it is good for competition of personal computers and OS developers such as Microsoft, Apple Computer and others. This 'force' these companies to be more creative to develop better product or service. Consumers have choice to decide.

Again, Steve Jobs gets lot of credit for making things happen, reality and so on. Enuf to babble on this post for now. :D

I know that I personally cannot speak for everyone else, but I am speaking for myself BASED on my experience with OSX and legacy Windows platforms.

When we are talking about Windows XP and OSX (Mac's latest advanced system architecture) and security issues, in fact, there were way too many security breaches going on last year with Windows XP. Last year alone itself, Microsoft released patches of security fixes for Windows XP 65 times or so. How many times does this happened to Apple Computer to fix the patches for OSX last year itself?

65 * how much time you spent to fix those security breaches on your PC using Windows XP. That equals your time and money. The more time you spend to fix, less efficient and productive you do with personal computers. Macs/OSX are designed to be efficient, more productive and seamless.

Apple Computer software engineers developed this brilliant automatic software updates for OSX. Guess what it do for you? You do NOTHING!
I mean, it asks you if it is ok for Software Updates to update OSX or any other updates associated with OSX built-in apps, then it asks for your password to allow it to process. This prevent unauthorized users to make change. Only OSX's system administrator (or OSX owner) allow it to happen.

Once the update process is finished, all you have to do is restart. And it works more beautifully!

I wish it is true for Windows XP dealing with updates or security bug fixes, but after you restarted the computer. Then you get all kinds of trashy error messages. What is going on in there?

It is quite a drag and shame that M$ software engineers & developers failed to recognize and realize that they made it less efficiency, less productive... and created non-sense complicated problems for ordinary people like you or myself. Not all Windows XP users are 100 percent tech savvys. Only certificated, licensed trained people know how to fix this problem.

I gotta to shut my mouth and stop babble. LOL But that is true.

umm, Justin have iBook and he decide to remove Mac OS and install YellowDog (Linux relation)

Justin Sane said:
Theres three pc's and two mac in this house. I personally prefer PC over Mac anyday.

My fiancee regrets that she bought g4 instead of pc. Shes thinking about selling it and get herself a pc.

bullshit, your girlfriend brough crap iMac.

yeah yeah yea

Come on people!

Whatever gets the job done eh? Does not matter what OS or Platform you use... as long as you can get things done.

Does either side PC or Mac think that by having this debate that one will rule in the end? No! ha ha ha The debate will never end, so lets all move on and create, surf, and enjoy!

Cheers!

illustrator said:
bullshit, your girlfriend brough crap iMac.

heres a picture of her computer at her old apt. :roll:

jessg4.jpg

Cricket said:
why so curious?

I don't mean to asked for pictures.

By the way, I read the review that new G5 tower able to match the high endless Intel's Xeon.

Imagine that!

Xeon 3.4 GHz with half gig RAM and G5 2 GHz with half gig.

The price show that G5 is much cheaper. Both computer have different speed vary depend which softwares it can hand well.

I am looking foward with G5 compare to new AMD 64-bits.

Wow, yeah I've heard about the G5. Is it out yet? I saw the eMac which looks pretty good, I wouldn't mind having that. How much is the G5 going to cost?

Back