Mac vs PC

Originally posted by webexplorer
I see why some of you hate Mac. It's because you use older version like under version 9.0, and you purchased a computer a few years ago. The older operating system is worthless. The newer operating system - OS X is a big different. I promise that you will love this new computer and new operating system (OS 10.2). It has been proof that operating system is very stable. In fact, you can buy a Virtual 6 and install it on Mac OS X. The Virtual 6 allows you to run your IBM PC Windows on Macintosh (G4 1 or 1.25 mhz or perhaps G3 with higher mhz). (You should not install it on older Apple computer.) I guess that you (hate Mac) did not know the different. I'm just telling you now. Of course, I do not hate XP window, but my opinon is that you have to go thru many steps. It is too bad that Apple computer is still expensive, but I still think that it is really worth it.

I advise that you should never buy a CRT monitor (tube TV) because it contains mercury in it. It is against the law to throw it to the dump. It is the only way for you to return it to a recycle place in your hometown. All CRT monitors will be delievered to a military base in Maryland - toxic environment. I guess that they will use them for weapon. - Please remember you should buy a LCD monitor. Most computer dealers do not want people to know about this because they are trying to get rid of them by selling cheap prices. I strongly suggest you to check on Apple website, and research it, and then decide whether to buy it. If you are worried about someone is hacking your computer, just get a security software, or get upgrade it from Apple's website. There are so many people are selling their IBM PC in the ad newspaper. They are wasting their money to buy a new IBM PC computer. I don't mind if you love your IBM PC, that's fine with me. I don't have a problem with that. Illustrator and ideafspy are right about what they wrote on the forum.

Here is the link to read about Virtual 6 software on:
http://www.connectix.com/products/vpc6m.html
:D

My opinion is that OSX is worse than 9.0's.

I see why some of you hate Mac. It's because you use older version like under version 9.0, and you purchased a computer a few years ago. The older operating system is worthless. The newer operating system - OS X is a big different. I promise that you will love this new computer and new operating system (OS 10.2). It has been proof that operating system is very stable. In fact, you can buy a Virtual 6 and install it on Mac OS X. The Virtual 6 allows you to run your IBM PC Windows on Macintosh (G4 1 or 1.25 mhz or perhaps G3 with higher mhz). (You should not install it on older Apple computer.) I guess that you (hate Mac) did not know the different. I'm just telling you now. Of course, I do not hate XP window, but my opinon is that you have to go thru many steps. It is too bad that Apple computer is still expensive, but I still think that it is really worth it.

I advise that you should never buy a CRT monitor (tube TV) because it contains mercury in it. It is against the law to throw it to the dump. It is the only way for you to return it to a recycle place in your hometown. All CRT monitors will be delievered to a military base in Maryland - toxic environment. I guess that they will use them for weapon. - Please remember you should buy a LCD monitor. Most computer dealers do not want people to know about this because they are trying to get rid of them by selling cheap prices. I strongly suggest you to check on Apple website, and research it, and then decide whether to buy it. If you are worried about someone is hacking your computer, just get a security software, or get upgrade it from Apple's website. There are so many people are selling their IBM PC in the ad newspaper. They are wasting their money to buy a new IBM PC computer. I don't mind if you love your IBM PC, that's fine with me. I don't have a problem with that. Illustrator and ideafspy are right about what they wrote on the forum.

Here is the link to read about Virtual 6 software on:
http://www.connectix.com/products/vpc6m.html
:D

Both Illustrator and ideafspy were just debating between Macs and Windows...

Why don't any of you apple sluts explain to me why OSX would be better than a PC with FreeBSD 5.1? :p

PC with the FreeBSD

I am not exact sure if you could use your FreeBSD with a Virtual 6 software on a Macintosh G4. I have heard that there is another software similar to FreeBSD for Mac. Maybe, illustrator knows about it. Although, you would have saved your money not to buy two different computers. OS X comes with Unix program, Applescript, Terminal, Console, and some other software.

I am interested to learn about a Mac server because I was at a meeting and surprised to hear a young man told us that Mac OS X Server is very relable and very stable. (I cannot afford to buy it, but I am saving my money until I'm ready to purchase it.) All I know that XP or Windows is high risk because some IBM PC hackers already made their program years ago. They wasted their life to focus on programming. Someday, someone will hack on a Mac because it takes 10 years for a hacker to complete a program. Obviously, U.S. Army purchased several Apple Xserver because the government got tired of too many hackers invaded their IBM servers.

Why don't you go to a computer store, and play with an iMac or a desktop G4 to see if you find anything that you always want to have? Good luck.

PC with the FreeBSD

Allow me to set a minimized debate.

I am not exact sure if you could use your FreeBSD with a Virtual 6 software on a Macintosh G4. I have heard that there is another software similar to FreeBSD for Mac. Maybe, illustrator knows about it. Although, you would have saved your money not to buy two different computers. OS X comes with Unix program, Applescript, Terminal, Console, and some other software.

OS X is based off FreeBSD's code. FreeBSD is more mature while OS X is relative new. How would I saved my money if I bought a PC system and installed FreeBSD. Compare this spending toward a MAC system with OS X installed?

Other pro to use FreeBSD is that you have many many different groups developing software while Apple is solely responsible for providing softwares (converting from i386 codes to Mac's own Darwin codes) for OS X.

Check out http://www.freebsd.org/ports to see if there is such a software for freebsd. :p

I am interested to learn about a Mac server because I was at a meeting and surprised to hear a young man told us that Mac OS X Server is very relable and very stable. (I cannot afford to buy it, but I am saving my money until I'm ready to purchase it.) All I know that XP or Windows is high risk because some IBM PC hackers already made their program years ago. They wasted their life to focus on programming. Someday, someone will hack on a Mac because it takes 10 years for a hacker to complete a program. Obviously, U.S. Army purchased several Apple Xserver because the government got tired of too many hackers invaded their IBM servers.

Do you believe everything a young man tells you?

Have you asked him if he ever ran a FreeBSD server before?

I didn't ask for any opinions related to Windows.

I don't understand what do you mean "hackers made their program years ago." Are you speaking that IBM developed an Operating System years ago? OS/2?

Hackers don't program OSes. I think you were speaking about developers.

I still do not understand about Macs hacking for 10 yrs to make what program?

Why don't you go to a computer store, and play with an iMac or a desktop G4 to see if you find anything that you always want to have? Good luck.

I already did...hated it....didn't find anything that is on a MAC that is not on a PC system. Is it normal that their mouse was supposed to have only one button?

OS X is based off FreeBSD's code. FreeBSD is more mature while OS X is relative new. How would I saved my money if I bought a PC system and installed FreeBSD. Compare this spending toward a MAC system with OS X installed?
Look at the compare between Dell Serve and Apple ServeX, with OS, Dell cost more than Apple's, about $200-300 more for Dell.

Other pro to use FreeBSD is that you have many many different groups developing software while Apple is solely responsible for providing softwares (converting from i386 codes to Mac's own Darwin codes) for OS X.
You forget about Mac OS X Serve, it's different than basic Mac OS X.

for more info look at http://www.apple.com/server/macosx/

Yes, I believe that young man said so, in fact I read many common message from techtv, geekculture, macaddict, PC World, and MaxPC magazine.

webexplorer just give his opinions for Judhead not YOU

I don't understand what do you mean "hackers made their program years ago." Are you speaking that IBM developed an Operating System years ago? OS/2?
I understand what he is saying :roll:
have you hear the movie "Tron"? The anicent hacker create the program so, he or she use the tool and hacking somewhere.

webexplorer didn't mention about program the OS, silly! Read careful

it's concept for hacker to make a "research" before they able to break into Mac

I already did...hated it....didn't find anything that is on a MAC that is not on a PC system. Is it normal that their mouse was supposed to have only one button?
umm, there have mouse, more than one button, for Mac. :lol:

Last edited:
Originally posted by illustrator
Look at the compare between Dell Serve and Apple ServeX, with OS, Dell cost more than Apple's, about $200-300 more for Dell.

OS X is not free. FreeBSD is. I don't buy from that Dell company. I buy parts from www.pricewatch.com.

Currently I have an athlon 2100+ system with 2 gig ram and dual 80 gig IDE hard drives. I bought about $700 worth of those parts. The case was the most expensive of all.

OS X is $127 per user license...there's even a family license for $199. Jeez. Dell isnt' the only place you can buy a PC system. Compaq/HP, Gateway, IBM..and so...are all competitors to keep each other's prices low. Who else sells those Apple systems?

You forget about Mac OS X Serve, it's different than basic Mac OS X.

for more info look at http://www.apple.com/server/macosx/

Both use FreeBSD and other software (commonly made for UNIX/Linux systems) codes. That's reinventing the wheel. :p

I already have checked www.apple.com before I made any posts here to prevent any mistakes I might have made. :)

Yes, I believe that young man said so, in fact I read many common message from techtv, geekculture, macaddict, PC World, and MaxPC magazine.

:shakes his head: Those authors have jobs. They would write anything just to keep that job and sell stories. Even many and many of them are misinformed and usually it's too late to pull back their own stories to correct themselves. Some are so biased. Both for Apple and PC systems. Can't believe that you believe everything you read. :(

webexplorer just give his opinions for Judhead not YOU

Read my last post before his post. Here's the quote for you to read it all over again.

Why don't any of you apple sluts explain to me why OSX would be better than a PC with FreeBSD 5.1? :p

He made a post as an apple slut. :p

It's funny how people try to argue by pulling in the flaws and claiming that the whole PC system doesn't work properly with Windows. That's why I mentioned FreeBSD.

I understand what he is saying :roll:
have you hear the movie "Tron"? The anicent hacker create the program so, he or she use the tool and hacking somewhere.

I find that funny that you both are talking about Trojans. Even though you both are way uneducated about Trojans. An trojan wasn't developed 10 yrs ago. It wasn't even thought of, yet at that time. I think the correct term is virus. Trojans were developed in the late 90s. It didn't take 10 yrs to develop a trojan. BO was one of the first trojans. Subseven is one of the most famous ones. Even there are MAC trojans. In UNIX/Linux, it's known as rootkits....so what's the big deal?

Their life wasn't wasted to focus on programming. Trojans were just something fun to program and a chance to improve their skills. I know of few trojan programmers who has a high paying job as a high end programmers. Some already started their own security businesses. :D

webexplorer didn't mention about program the OS, silly! Read careful

Sure, I just did after your post. Thanks for your heads up.

it's concept for hacker to make a "research" before they able to break into Mac

Same for researching Microsoft's MSDN to create a program for Windows based systems. Same for Open source OSes.

umm, there have mouse, more than one button, for Mac. :lol:

Funny..that Jaguar computer at Compusa had only a mouse with a single button. Maybe it's their error. :p (it's a joke on apple sluts about a mouse with a single button..figure out this joke yourselves).

Originally posted by SilenceGold
Funny..that Jaguar computer at Compusa had only a mouse with a single button.

What he meant was that you CAN buy a mouse with at least 2 buttons for the Mac computers.

Jaguar computer?

There's no such thing as a Jaguar computer. Jaguar is known as OS X 10.2... it's an O/S. You're the first one I've seen referring to a Mac machine as a Jaguar computer.

Anyway, I own the Gyration ultra-mouse. It's capable of functioning in the air. It's quite comfortable, probably the best I've ever had. I would highly recommend this mouse device.

I've had it for months, and the results are far from disappointments.

OS X is not free. FreeBSD is. I don't buy from that Dell company. I buy parts from www.pricewatch.com.
It's another example to find the compare on the hardware, I realized that more serious business are use Dell or other popular brand as I am sure what webexplorer were refer to.

Currently I have an athlon 2100+ system with 2 gig ram and dual 80 gig IDE hard drives. I bought about $700 worth of those parts. The case was the most expensive of all.
wow, I am shock and amazon about you get something cheap. Just compare to my big brother who own Intel P4 2.6 Ghz, 40 GB HDD, half gig RAM and expensive tower running with Linux and Windows XP. It cost him over $1,000. :| You lucky, dog. :D

OS X is $127 per user license...there's even a family license for $199. Jeez. Dell isnt' the only place you can buy a PC system. Compaq/HP, Gateway, IBM..and so...are all competitors to keep each other's prices low. Who else sells those Apple systems?
Because it's for bigger business not always for small business or for home :P~ pffft! :|

:shakes his head: Those authors have jobs. They would write anything just to keep that job and sell stories. Even many and many of them are misinformed and usually it's too late to pull back their own stories to correct themselves. Some are so biased. Both for Apple and PC systems. Can't believe that you believe everything you read. :(
:itch his butt: It has nothing with authors once they test the computer, they ain't bullshit unless you actually try use Mac OS X, that's all. When I speak something and discovery someone saying are pretty same. :D

It's good to be Dark Side. :lol: ... :o ~ I am your father!

It's funny how people try to argue by pulling in the flaws and claiming that the whole PC system doesn't work properly with Windows. That's why I mentioned FreeBSD.
It's good to argue, it's health.

I find that funny that you both are talking about Trojans. Even though you both are way uneducated about Trojans. An trojan wasn't developed 10 yrs ago. It wasn't even thought of, yet at that time. I think the correct term is virus. Trojans were developed in the late 90s. It didn't take 10 yrs to develop a trojan. BO was one of the first trojans. Subseven is one of the most famous ones. Even there are MAC trojans. In UNIX/Linux, it's known as rootkits....so what's the big deal?
I hardly hear any Mac get rape. Hmm...

Their life wasn't wasted to focus on programming. Trojans were just something fun to program and a chance to improve their skills. I know of few trojan programmers who has a high paying job as a high end programmers. Some already started their own security businesses. :D
I would like for you to tell trojan and hack Mac, right now! I dare you![/B]

Originally posted by Banjo
What he meant was that you CAN buy a mouse with at least 2 buttons for the Mac computers.

Jaguar computer?

There's no such thing as a Jaguar computer. Jaguar is known as OS X 10.2... it's an O/S. You're the first one I've seen referring to a Mac machine as a Jaguar computer.

Anyway, I own the Gyration ultra-mouse. It's capable of functioning in the air. It's quite comfortable, probably the best I've ever had. I would highly recommend this mouse device.

I've had it for months, and the results are far from disappointments.

Blame it on the Compusa's own AD banner in their MAC section.

"Buy a Jaguar Computer system for $(insert digital cost of system)"

Originally posted by illustrator
It's another example to find the compare on the hardware, I realized that more serious business are use Dell or other popular brand as I am sure what webexplorer were refer to.

Does Apple have another example? :p

There's currently a high market of Home Users using Dell, HP/Compusa, Gateway, and emachines. There are few stores that order bulk parts and build their own computers and sell. Right now, it's cheaper to buy in bulk from any of those major companies and resell them.

wow, I am shock and amazon about you get something cheap. Just compare to my big brother who own Intel P4 2.6 Ghz, 40 GB HDD, half gig RAM and expensive tower running with Linux and Windows XP. It cost him over $1,000. :| You lucky, dog. :D

It took a while for me to buy them cheaply. I failed to mention that list came with a 17 inch monitor.

Because it's for bigger business not always for small business or for home :P~ pffft! :|

Explain why most of the home users order or buy those from major PC companies instead of a local computer shop?

You didn't answer my question, who else sells those apple systems?

:itch his butt: It has nothing with authors once they test the computer, they ain't bullshit unless you actually try use Mac OS X, that's all. When I speak something and discovery someone saying are pretty same. :D

Are you saying that every opinions written by those authors are facts not opinions?

It's good to be Dark Side. :lol: ... :o ~ I am your father!

Then why are you not being wise today? :p

It's good to argue, it's health.

Yes it is healthy...tell that to my wife everytime she argues with me..and she'll argue with you. :p

I hardly hear any Mac get rape. Hmm...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q="mac+trojans"

Learn how to seek knowledge and you will become wise.

I would like for you to tell trojan and hack Mac, right now! I dare you![/B]

Who is "trojan?" Check this google link I just gave you. You were blind the whole life. Time for you to seek.

I am not talking about a virus or related to an e-mail attachment. OS X has a security program in it to prevent from hacking into your computer. Windows and XP still have some holes that allow internet hackers to read or steal your personal information. (If that not a big deal to you, then it would be interesting for your mommy to read your dirty letters from her friend's e-mails.) Another thing, most IBM PC manfacturers install old parts on new computers. I do not have time to write about it I am pretty busy working on my framing business this week.

I am not talking about a virus or related to an e-mail attachment. OS X has a security program in it to prevent from hacking into your computer. Windows and XP still have some holes that allow internet hackers to read or steal your personal information. (If that not a big deal to you, then it would be interesting for your mommy to read your dirty letters from her friend's e-mails.) Another thing, most IBM PC manfacturers install old parts on new computers. I do not have time to write about it I am pretty busy working on my framing business this week.

Jeez...one thing you have to be aware of....OSes do not get hacked in. It is the 3rd party softwares that has exploits. For example, Windows 2000 has common exploits because of a third party software which is IIS. Install Apache on Windows 2000..you still would have exploits because there are frequently exploits on Apaches too.

You should use user authentication to protect your files from someone like your mommy.

OS X still has exploits. Check this link...and enjoy the shocking and dazing (about 8,240) real facts. :)

Originally posted by Justin Sane
Mac user never will realize that apple is rippin' them off. :ugh:

Put an apple user and windows user in a closet...you would see blood coming out under the closet door.

Put an apple programmer and windows programmer in a closet...they will walk out in few hours later with new ideas. :D

If you use a Mac OS 9 with a DSL service, it has no protection. If both OS 9 and X, then it is not a good idea - unless if you have a firewall. I am not quite sure that Windows has more exploits than XP.

I am not surprised that 3rd party softwares have exploits - both XP/Windows and OS X. It probably would never solve the problems - I think that some programmers (both IBM & Mac) do not want the software to be perfect for some reason - who knows. If you doubt it, just image that you got fired from your job as a computer programmer for over 10 years and you would want to insult the company that you worked so hard for nothing. I would NEVER do that, but out there someone would do that... who knows...

Put an apple user and windows user in a closet...you would see blood coming out under the closet door.

That'll never happen to me, but the "fanboy" would suffer a great deal of pain from my fists.

Originally posted by Justin Sane
Mac user never will realize that apple is rippin' them off. :ugh:

You don't know how the business work. Have you hear of supply n' demand? compare to Apple and PC. There are million and million PC are sell than Apple, that's why the value is higher. It's same concept as comic magazine, when you find X-Men #50 (2nd series) only have holorgram cover that prints only less 500. That's reason why it cost more. More important, it has higher quanity than PCs unless you able to custom your own computer for under budget.

Jeez...one thing you have to be aware of....OSes do not get hacked in. It is the 3rd party softwares that has exploits. For example, Windows 2000 has common exploits because of a third party software which is IIS. Install Apache on Windows 2000..you still would have exploits because there are frequently exploits on Apaches too.

You should use user authentication to protect your files from someone like your mommy.

OS X still has exploits. Check this link...and enjoy the shocking and dazing (about 8,240) real facts. :)

see Microsoft security gets an 'F'

http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1651

There's currently a high market of Home Users using Dell, HP/Compusa, Gateway, and emachines. There are few stores that order bulk parts and build their own computers and sell. Right now, it's cheaper to buy in bulk from any of those major companies and resell them.
I don't care about custom computer, because it's always better for brain-freak-computer

It took a while for me to buy them cheaply. I failed to mention that list came with a 17 inch monitor.
Have you think about get 19 inch monitor? It's pretty cheaper ;)

You didn't answer my question, who else sells those apple systems?
MacZone, CompUSA, Fry's, and more other business have author to sell Apple systems

Are you saying that every opinions written by those authors are facts not opinions?
It's like when you expert the caveman to see how old it is until you find other scienfic whom have same theory, then it prove well.

Back