Lunches seized from kids in debt at Salt Lake City elementary

Do all the deaf students get "free lunches?"....Not all the students are low income, are they?....Feel some parents can afford to buy their lunch.

The parents did not know their kids lunch account was getting low, the school could gave the kids their meals and taken it from their lunch accounts when more money was in it. If we can afford to give billons of $$$ to other all the time we sure should be able to give kids free lunches . If parents are really rich their kids most likely is not going to a public school.

The parents did not know their kids lunch account was getting low, the school could gave the kids their meals and taken it from their lunch accounts when more money was in it. If we can afford to give billons of $$$ to other all the time we sure should be able to give kids free lunches . If parents are really rich their kids most likely is not going to a public school.

In bold, I agree with your concept.

because it is best solution if you don't want poor kids to assault the rich kids to take their lunch money (sonocativo's concern - #9).
Is that what's commonly happening?

It is just like mandatory uniform policy make all students treat equally, regardless whoever is poor or rich, so offer free lunches make all students equally.
Unless they prefer to bring their own.

If you don't like idea, so what about serve lunch to children and send a bill to parent? That's fine with me if school serves lunch to students and send lunch bill to parent.
That's another administrative expense.

It is up to majority of taxpayers to make decision.
Not really. I've never heard of school lunch programs being put to a general vote.

Unless they prefer to bring their own.

That's another administrative expense.

Not really. I've never heard of school lunch programs being put to a general vote.

My suggestion is advisable and some city school offer free lunches to all students.

Last paragraph, I think you misunderstood - school lunch programs are created by politicians, the congress fund the lunch program, so state or local can make additional funding, so local can make decision to offer free lunches or not, so taxpayers elect politicians that they agree with their perspective.

Lunches seized from kids in debt at Salt Lake City elementary | The Salt Lake Tribune

Oh wow, back in early 1990s, It did happened to me when I was in elementary school, my parent forgot to put more money for lunch so cafeteria refuse to serve a meal to me, so I was very hungry and became troubled student.

When I was in JR high and high school we paid for our lunches with $$$ our parents gave us everyday, we had to go home for lunch in grade school then walk back to school.

When I was in JR high and high school we paid for our lunches with $$$ our parents gave us everyday, we had to go home for lunch in grade school then walk back to school.

After incident at elementary school over no lunch due money ran out, so I brought my own lunch that parent made for me until I transferred to deaf school.

At my kids school in Myrtle Beach if their lunch accounts were empty the kids got an "alternative" lunch. I think like a ham sandwich and milk or something......but at least something. That seems unethical for a school to do.

I think it should not be only ham sandwiches that is not Kosher , there should be chicken sandwiches too.

You think it doesn't? When I was in school a bully took my lunch card and got a lunch every day.

Then I got in trouble at home because of the double lunches being bought.

Being more afraid of my father than the bully, I beat her up and it stopped, but it certainly has always happened for children to be victimized.

Oh really? OMG - tough choice.

it seems to pay off. it was a very controversial and difficult choice but I believe the government did a right thing to bail them out... as long as they will pay us back.

there's no free money. yes we bailed them out with our tax money but they have to pay back and they did... like AIG.... the government actually made profits from it.

for ie - the government loaned $182 billion to AIG and later... AIG paid it all back plus $23 billion

You think it doesn't? When I was in school a bully took my lunch card and got a lunch every day.

Then I got in trouble at home because of the double lunches being bought.

Being more afraid of my father than the bully, I beat her up and it stopped, but it certainly has always happened for children to be victimized.

Yes, if children are hungry so they won't learn or focus well.
You'll Be Shocked By How Many Kids Are Too Hungry To Learn In Class

I just want children to be well fed and happy in classroom so they can have motivation and learn.

After incident at elementary school over no lunch due money ran out, so I brought my own lunch that parent made for me until I transferred to deaf school.

What if a kid has diabetes and run out of lunch money is a school doing to risk the kid health over $3.00 ?? Something need to be done to make sure every child get a hot meal while is school . I don't how rich or poor they're no kids should go hungry .

it seems to pay off. it was a very controversial and difficult choice but I believe the government did a right thing to bail them out... as long as they will pay us back.

there's no free money. yes we bailed them out with our tax money but they have to pay back and they did... like AIG.... the government actually made profits from it.

for ie - the government loaned $182 billion to AIG and later... AIG paid it all back plus $23 billion

Interesting, that's good to know.

I'm wonder about if banks or financial companies decide to offer subprime mortgage? I know Wall Street bought a lot of foreclosed homes and converted into rental, so we don't know about consequence yet.

What if a kid has diabetes and run out of lunch money is a school doing to risk the kid health over $3.00 ?? Something need to be done to make sure every child get a hot meal while is school . I don't how rich or poor they're no kids should go hungry .

I don't support alternative lunch (ham sandwich, peanut butter sandwich, fruits) for students who have no money for lunch, so they should get full lunch.

For children with diabetes, their parent have to request the special diet at school.

Interesting, that's good to know.

I'm wonder about if banks or financial companies decide to offer subprime mortgage? I know Wall Street bought a lot of foreclosed homes and converted into rental, so we don't know about consequence yet.

it's illegal. stricter laws have been enacted. some people have gone to jail. it's better now and also a lot harder to get a loan now.

it's illegal. stricter laws have been enacted. some people have gone to jail. it's better now and also a lot harder to get a loan now.

Oh really, I don't know about regulation got tighten up now.

I believe that small increase of real estate price could be speculation - that where investors buy house to renovate/rehab then re-sell at higher price, is it correct?

I found article about Wall Street investments are buying a lot of foreclosed homes and convert into rental, so what are you think about this article?
Wall Street Unlocks Profits From Distress With Rental Revolution - Bloomberg

I feel bad for local families who try to buy foreclosed homes at cheaper price, but Wall Street investors outbid local families.

I don't support alternative lunch (ham sandwich, peanut butter sandwich, fruits) for students who have no money for lunch, so they should get full lunch.

For children with diabetes, their parent have to request the special diet at school.

I agree with you , but it is look likes the schools are not going that. I meant if a child has no money and has diabetes I hope the school would not take their meal away . The school should be making sure every kid get a hot meal . I know some schools give kids breastfast too , the kids have to get to school earlier for this.

Even though it's off topic, were $23 billions for interest? I wonder what percent the interest rate was.

American International Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On March 17, 2009, AIG announced that they were paying $165 million in executive bonuses, according to news reports. Total bonuses for the financial unit could reach $450 million and bonuses for the entire company could reach $1.2 billion. President Barack Obama, who voted for the AIG bailout as a Senator responded to the planned payments by saying "t's hard to understand how derivative traders at AIG warranted any bonuses, much less $165 million in extra pay. How do they justify this outrage to the taxpayers who are keeping the company afloat?" and "In the last six months, AIG has received substantial sums from the U.S. Treasury. I’ve asked Secretary [Timothy] Geithner to use that leverage and pursue every legal avenue to block these bonuses and make the American taxpayers whole." Politicians on both sides of the Congressional aisle reacted with outrage to the planned bonuses. Political commentators and journalists expressed an equally bipartisan outrage.
WTF? They paid bonuses to CEOs with tax money.

Oh really, I don't know about regulation got tighten up now.

I believe that small increase of real estate price could be speculation - that where investors buy house to renovate/rehab then re-sell at higher price, is it correct?
no. could be anything.

I found article about Wall Street investments are buying a lot of foreclosed homes and convert into rental, so what are you think about this article?
Wall Street Unlocks Profits From Distress With Rental Revolution - Bloomberg

I feel bad for local families who try to buy foreclosed homes at cheaper price, but Wall Street investors outbid local families.
nature of the beast, I guess.

Back