Love ya vs Love you

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DRC83) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

I can get this nice needle and poke you :rofl2;

even nicer way is to shot a nail from a nailgun! LOL

er, love ya is kinda like saying 'you're cool, but i dont want you'
love you is abit more freindiler and like Alex said, its more for giving compliments to your SO's, but its not at the same level of intimacy as if you were in a relationship. more to the point in a relationship "i love you" is used to signal an occassion to express appreciation or something while 'love you' is used like in another way of saying 'good bye i will catch up with you when i come back (from work/holiday/other functions)...instead of the boring have a nice day, its just a more intimate way of saying 'see you again soon' to partners or spouses. For those still in college or university especially in those in flatting or dormitary situation, trying saying that to your roommates LOL see what happens....LOL

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DRC83) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Grummer said:
Oceanblue7 said:
I can get this nice needle and poke you :rofl2;

even nicer way is to shot a nail from a nailgun! LOL

er, love ya is kinda like saying 'you're cool, but i dont want you'

love you is abit more freindiler and like Alex said, its more for giving compliments to your SO's, but its not at the same level of intimacy as if you were in a relationship. more to the point in a relationship "i love you" is used to signal an occassion to express appreciation or something while 'love you' is used like in another way of saying 'good bye i will catch up with you when i come back (from work/holiday/other functions)...instead of the boring have a nice day, its just a more intimate way of saying 'see you again soon' to partners or spouses. For those still in college or university especially in those in flatting or dormitary situation, trying saying that to your roommates LOL see what happens....LOL

tienes la pica granda :rofl2:

Last edited:
I say "I love you" when I am being more serious and want a person to know how I feel. I do also tend to say "Love ya" as a goodbye. I think they have the same basic meaning, but "love ya" could be taken more lightly. If a friend of family member said "love ya" I wouldn't be concerned. If a significant other say it, I may be wondering why they were so casual. :P

I guess it varies on the individual.

It could mean the same thing where one person always says "love ya" or "love you".

It could also be a way of saying it two different ways depending on the situation. A person looking at another with a caring smile during an intimate moment and says "love you", then a person standing with another person in a public place like a mall and just looks at him with a caring reminder and a smile "love ya".

It could be for a number of reasons. :)

Like many others, I say "I love ya" to those that I have a causual relationship with and then "I love you" to those who mean a lot to me. I am not comfortable saying "I love you" to someone I barely know or dont have a strong relationship with.

I think "love ya" it's like" dudeeeeeeeee love ya!!" and "Love you" it's like " *blush* I love you :$"

I don't mind which one people say, as long as they say it to me. ;)

Now that hubby and I are an old married couple, we just say "love" and kiss. We're in the phase where we finish each others sentences and know when the other person is about to make a joke and what it will be. I like it. Still goofy after all of these years...

hey frisky feline you gave me a better idea so I put it in right place.. in other thread you will find out sooner or about deeper love and I'm not gonna post it here in general chat but if you want to know it's in other group not under general chat.. :) it's in under Penisium.. whatever it is called :lol:

hey frisky feline you gave me a better idea so I put it in right place.. in other thread you will find out sooner or about deeper love and I'm not gonna post it here in general chat but if you want to know it's in other group not under general chat.. :) it's in under Penisium.. whatever it is called :lol:

Oh? Let me check it out there. ha

I usually say Love ya for my friends and I love you for boyfriend/family

The meaning depends on the context and how it is said and by whom. So it does not matter which phrase is said to me.

I love you and I love you sometimes can mean differently

Love ya and love ya can sometimes be different.

So ya'll just think about that.
Ya know? Men tend to say "I love you" much faster than women.

Something else for ya'll to ponder.

ok back to topic... I think love ya means freinds.. and love you probably is more than that.. but whatever lol I don't really use love ya to friends cuz friends never say it to me.. just say bye and disappear "poof" :roll:

Words -- Signs -- Face -- Body -- Have no meaning. People have meanings, they use words, signs, face, and body to convey meanings.

As Babyblue says "depends on the context and how it is said and by whom" -- Because context is everything.

One of the things I love about Deaf Culture is its tendency to be full context -- Whereas hearing Americans tend to be extremely low context and highly compartmentalized to the point where some of them have almost no touch with reality.

I am in the mood for love. LOL!

So, Do Love ya and Love you means the same thing? :wiggle:
yep.. why not? Ya is short for you.

For example;
You know I love you babay!
You know I love ya baby!

I love you man!
I love ya man!

Yeah, I think they are the same. My ofwiw

Back