Love ya vs Love you

my hubby says Love you all the time. At first, I didn't like it because I wasn't used to people saying that... so I told him, "who love me?" he say "I love you" Now, I'm used to it.

now, I used to tell my friends "Love ya" because I didn't want it sound too personal, but to let them know I care about them alot like sisters.

My question wasn't intended for loving you. I only stated to see if "love ya and love you means they are the same thing?" since you are guy. so do spill it out. :wave:

Umm.....They are different too me. Both are good though

I think both "love ya" and "love you" are less intimate than "I love you." But "love you" is a little more intimate than "love ya."

"Love ya" is what I tell my female friends, and often in a whimsical way. "Love you" and "I love you" is what I say to close family members or girlfriends.

Seconded.

Anytime somebody writes "ya" for "you", it sets my teeth on edge.

I think it just looks like they can't spell, although I think they are trying to look informal and cute.

Of course not everybody gets as upset about spelling as I do. :hmm:

You're not the only one who feels this way.

I prefer saying "I love you" and signing :ily: as well.

I am honest about my love and would rather be straightforward about my honesty as well.

You're not the only one who feels this way.

I prefer saying "I love you" and signing :ily: as well.

I am honest about my love and would rather be straightforward about my honesty as well.

Try not to get banned. ;)

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DRC83) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

I better starting saying, I love you :)

love ya is something I might say to a bunch of fans or something. Love you would be more of something I'd say to someone in the family.

The funny thing about love ya is like saying Babe to a lot of women for being sex object. It is not a true love at all. It is kind of meaningless to me. But that is me. I have always use love with I love you better than I love ya or I luv ya. Because it is intimate and personal. That is what "I love you" so special in its own way. I always use my sign "ILY". That sign is very loving and expressing my feeling for someone. :ily:

I think of "love ya" as :ily:. For example "love ya, bye! :ily: :bye:" and "I love you" as I + love + you. Like what others said I tell my wife "I love you" whereas "love ya" is more for showing my friend appreciation.

Love ya? Love you? same thing to me. I prefer "ya" cuz it's phonetically easier for me to say it.

Back