Lot of miles for 2001 vehicle( 676K)!!!!

It appears to me a company truck that they use it on long trip daily basis. You can do this if you park ur truck while it's running and your wife took over truck and drive away then parked at friends home while still running and daughter took over truck to head back home on, on, on. I watched funny movie that I think National Lampoon something that Father pulled over his stationwagon while it's running and as soon as he got out of car and his daughter took over and drove over to meet her mother then her mother took over as soon as her daughter got out and she drove to other place ect ect. The stationwagon kept running all day and night nonstop LOL so that's how the mileage kept spinning up fast and able to reach 600k within 12 years

:rofl:

Catty

so....a straight diesel will last.....turbo diesel will have overhuals at least 3-4 times before the engine of a normally aspirated version right?
this is just a quessitmate...
anyone could enlighten me on this one?

so....a straight diesel will last.....turbo diesel will have overhuals at least 3-4 times before the engine of a normally aspirated version right?
this is just a quessitmate...
anyone could enlighten me on this one?

I don't think Ford truck 2001 use straight motor.

hmmm, when i say overhauls i meant the TURBO overhaul not neccessarily the motor....but chances are, depeding of a few factors lke stroke/length /compression ratio/ turbo compression/ratio to atmosphere, etc etc

Seriously, any vehicles CAN go over a million miles.

How? Easy, take a damn good care of that vehicle, strictly follow maintenance schedule, drive more often on highway than in back road. For every 10 highway miles, its equivalent to a mile on back road on wear and tear. Vehicles loves to run on highway than anything else and will last technically forever.
Still, even in back road which is same as city driving many cars can hit a million miles, as long as higher maintenance is strictly followed.

Today vehicle has that ability than it was 40 years ago. Thanks to high technology precision machines that makes it possible. That includes robots, since robot has the ability to build cars much accuracy with higher precision than human can. Too bad we lost alot of auto workers.

Nope there one truck with over 780K miles and that ad is incorrect it not 676K it 767K miles.

People are crazy for bid that. It NONRUNNING. I bought my 01 F350 diesel for $1500 with 209K miles.

Nope there one truck with over 780K miles and that ad is incorrect it not 676K it 767K miles.

People are crazy for bid that. It NONRUNNING. I bought my 01 F350 diesel for $1500 with 209K miles.

You are right... eagle eyes... I can't believe this truck has very high mileages for this age.... Diesel.. No questions

Seriously, any vehicles CAN go over a million miles.

How? Easy, take a damn good care of that vehicle, strictly follow maintenance schedule, drive more often on highway than in back road. For every 10 highway miles, its equivalent to a mile on back road on wear and tear. Vehicles loves to run on highway than anything else and will last technically forever.
Still, even in back road which is same as city driving many cars can hit a million miles, as long as higher maintenance is strictly followed.

Today vehicle has that ability than it was 40 years ago. Thanks to high technology precision machines that makes it possible. That includes robots, since robot has the ability to build cars much accuracy with higher precision than human can. Too bad we lost alot of auto workers.

Any vehicles? Oh please. My wife's old ford focus and auto transmission failed and it was 90k milesage. It's 90% of time on highway, never skip maintenance. Not just transmission, I found there is a lot problem as fuel pump's valve (hard time to start), etc.

My mechanic friend's gf had same problem with her Ford fusion for transmission and it was only 70k mileages.
2003 Ford Focus Complaints, Problems & Defects Information | CarComplaints.com

I used abusing my old Subaru as 85% of time at Chicago area, off-road, AWD full-time, racing, but I still follow maintenance and auto transmission still good as smooth till engine's head gasket blow up at 130k mileages due thermostat also, there is recall for head gasket between 1998 to 2002.

Now, my wife own VW Rabbit 2008 with DTC transmission and she love it so much and very smooth at ice road and snow than her old Ford. Rabbit made 70k mileage already. She drive a lot for business.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svsUfBdvDGk"]1 Million miles Joe[/ame] I know who he is, a friend of our's daughter's grandfather. I haven't met him, but who know I'll meet him one day.

He hit 1 million miles last fall.

I would have to drive 50,000 a year to see it within my lifetime, as I have two vehicles. I only drive around 8,000 miles a year, including my trips to Ohio. Soon, that mileage will be divided evenly between two of my vehicles (when my '77 Scout II comes out of restoration), running at most 5,000 miles a year per vehicle. I'd have to be 145 before I see that!

You mistook this, I am not saying with "Guarantee". What I am saying is if doing "Detailing" maintenance, which means going beyond the basic maintenance. The million mile Joe, I find interesting that he does take engine apart and cleaning valves, make sure everything is in or near perfect condition. If he sees hears something wrong, not right or not perfect he takes it seriously and fix it. That is what I mean, and it can apply to just any vehicles.

Just doing by regularly basic maintenance won't get to a million mile, no way.

You could google "Million Mile Joe" and watch youtube. He happen to be mechanic and drives average 65K miles a year. He does warranty underwriters for auto manufacturer. He knew inside and outside of vehicles.

Any vehicles? Oh please. My wife's old ford focus and auto transmission failed and it was 90k milesage. It's 90% of time on highway, never skip maintenance. Not just transmission, I found there is a lot problem as fuel pump's valve (hard time to start), etc.

My mechanic friend's gf had same problem with her Ford fusion for transmission and it was only 70k mileages.
2003 Ford Focus Complaints, Problems & Defects Information | CarComplaints.com

I used abusing my old Subaru as 85% of time at Chicago area, off-road, AWD full-time, racing, but I still follow maintenance and auto transmission still good as smooth till engine's head gasket blow up at 130k mileages due thermostat also, there is recall for head gasket between 1998 to 2002.

Now, my wife own VW Rabbit 2008 with DTC transmission and she love it so much and very smooth at ice road and snow than her old Ford. Rabbit made 70k mileage already. She drive a lot for business.

I would have to drive 50,000 a year to see it within my lifetime, as I have two vehicles. I only drive around 8,000 miles a year, including my trips to Ohio. Soon, that mileage will be divided evenly between two of my vehicles (when my '77 Scout II comes out of restoration), running at most 5,000 miles a year per vehicle. I'd have to be 145 before I see that!

I did not know you had a '77 Scout. I used to have few old CHerokees and Wagoneers. WHy not take pictures of your Scout and share it with everyone??

You mistook this, I am not saying with "Guarantee". What I am saying is if doing "Detailing" maintenance, which means going beyond the basic maintenance. The million mile Joe, I find interesting that he does take engine apart and cleaning valves, make sure everything is in or near perfect condition. If he sees hears something wrong, not right or not perfect he takes it seriously and fix it. That is what I mean, and it can apply to just any vehicles.

Just doing by regularly basic maintenance won't get to a million mile, no way.

You could google "Million Mile Joe" and watch youtube. He happen to be mechanic and drives average 65K miles a year. He does warranty underwriters for auto manufacturer. He knew inside and outside of vehicles.

Be careful what you said and you never said "Detailing" maintenance anywhere this topic in the first place.

he does take engine apart and cleaning valves

Where can I find a info about Joe cleaning valves? I can't find anywhere google but alldeaf unless you mistook it.

regularly basic maintenance won't get to a million mile? Nope.

Home

He changed a oil each 10k-20k miles, sometime 55k miles and engine last at 1,299,986 Miles.

That Ford E250 died 1 or 2 months ago. I think engine issues. No oil pressure.

On those miles. It NOTHING.

How they last so long. You don't slam on brake/gas everyday. Rev from 700 to 2-6K rpm everyday. That truck probability cruise 1800-2000 rpm for all life at 60 mph.

If you compare to New York or Chicago cars they WORST. They abusive and short trip with heavy foot on gas.

My F350 had 220,880 miles and I expect it last to 300-400K miles because previous owner was poor maintain mean he change oil once a year plus not fix engine issues.

hmmm, when i say overhauls i meant the TURBO overhaul not neccessarily the motor....but chances are, depeding of a few factors lke stroke/length /compression ratio/ turbo compression/ratio to atmosphere, etc etc

Oh, I understand what you mean... I read your post #6, I was not understand what exact you talked about.... Yes, the turbochargers are not long life as the diesel engines, usually overhaul or replace 2 or more times as the diesel engine reach over million of miles. Today's newer turbochargers in diesel vehicles are likely to be short life due to excessive hot exhaust gasous (added sulfur additive in fuel and lean condition) that causing the ball bearing failures.
Like change turbos more than 5 time as the engine reach a million of miles, I guess...:dunno:

Back