Lot of miles for 2001 vehicle( 676K)!!!!

I did not know you had a '77 Scout. I used to have few old CHerokees and Wagoneers. WHy not take pictures of your Scout and share it with everyone??

Huh, hungry for oldie Scout??? Pretty Scout... I like it.

Seriously, any vehicles CAN go over a million miles.

How? Easy, take a damn good care of that vehicle, strictly follow maintenance schedule, drive more often on highway than in back road. For every 10 highway miles, its equivalent to a mile on back road on wear and tear. Vehicles loves to run on highway than anything else and will last technically forever.
Still, even in back road which is same as city driving many cars can hit a million miles, as long as higher maintenance is strictly followed.

Today vehicle has that ability than it was 40 years ago. Thanks to high technology precision machines that makes it possible. That includes robots, since robot has the ability to build cars much accuracy with higher precision than human can. Too bad we lost alot of auto workers.

My question is: Are the second engine (engine replaced) in a gasoline powered car to be qualify for a million mile barrier? My answer is NO.

Are the piston rings and journals bearings replaced in same engine block, applying for a million mile club? I would say YES but I feel uncomfortable.

Only virgin engines are qualify for a million mile club...Virgin engine mean you never molest the piston rings and bearings. None of the virgin engines in California, are not making to the million mile club.

Right, very tight tolerance and strict emission.....

Re-read, I said DAMN good care what does that mean?

No, you won't see them, I happen to know them though good friend of mine. And yes from time to time I go up to Maine with friend of mine. And Im going buy Subaru from Joe's relative. This is going to be my first Subby and I will see what it got to offer. If it was a damn great car, then it is up to my wife if she wants another one in 4 or so years from now.

Originally Posted by diehardbiker View Post

How? Easy, take a damn good care of that vehicle, strictly follow maintenance schedule, drive more often on highway than in back road. For every 10 highway miles, its equivalent to a mile on back road on wear and tear. Vehicles loves to run on highway than anything else and will last technically forever.
Still, even in back road which is same as city driving many cars can hit a million miles, as long as higher maintenance is strictly followed.

Be careful what you said and you never said "Detailing" maintenance anywhere this topic in the first place.

Where can I find a info about Joe cleaning valves? I can't find anywhere google but alldeaf unless you mistook it.

regularly basic maintenance won't get to a million mile? Nope.

Home

He changed a oil each 10k-20k miles, sometime 55k miles and engine last at 1,299,986 Miles.

Yes, you are correct second engine or tranny does not count. Rebuiding *Orignal* engine/tranny is still countable.

Even though I said that ANY cars can hit a million miles when doing DAMN care of, it is still almost impossible to achieve this due to stringent maintenance requirements and not may people are willing to follow that far due to cost.

Even cheap ass cars can hit a million miles, and it will cost more in maintenance than higher end cars requires.

Yeah, today's manufacturers were able to manufacture with tighter tolerance, and in future will even more tighter as technology advances.

My question is: Are the second engine (engine replaced) in a gasoline powered car to be qualify for a million mile barrier? My answer is NO.

Are the piston rings and journals bearings replaced in same engine block, applying for a million mile club? I would say YES but I feel uncomfortable.

Only virgin engines are qualify for a million mile club...Virgin engine mean you never molest the piston rings and bearings. None of the virgin engines in California, are not making to the million mile club.

Re-read, I said DAMN good care what does that mean?

No, you won't see them, I happen to know them though good friend of mine. And yes from time to time I go up to Maine with friend of mine. And Im going buy Subaru from Joe's relative. This is going to be my first Subby and I will see what it got to offer. If it was a damn great car, then it is up to my wife if she wants another one in 4 or so years from now.

Originally Posted by diehardbiker View Post

It's was your lame excuses.

Again

Where can I find a info about Joe cleaning valves? I can't find anywhere google but alldeaf unless you mistook it.
You still don't answer my question.

Again.

regularly basic maintenance won't get to a million mile? Nope.

He changed a oil each 10k-20k miles, sometime 55k miles and engine last at 1,299,986 Miles.
strictly follow maintenance or not. It's don't matter at all. It's about machine design or driver abuse.

I am agreed with you. Once engine rebuild then it is not qualify for a million. Rebuild is not part of "maintenance" to me.

Back