lost within myself

Kristina, are you worried about what will happen to your daughter after you die? You can make preparations for your daughter before you die. Some attorneys specialize in making plans for special needs adults. Your daughter will also have her brother. Siblings become very important when a parent dies.

Daughter is thinking that when that time comes, she may go back to Missouri to be with friends, but I am not sure. My uncle's daughter has offered to take care of her when the time comes. Yes, I know that she is a cousin of mine, but she is the same age as my daughter. Uncle's kids are 28, 17 & 16. Two marriages of his four provided children. Anyway, that cousin has offered to help when the time comes around. My son has also said that he will take care of her if need be. He also does not plan to marry at all, but he does plan to leave home when he can.

This breaks my heart. Can the doctors improve her pain control?

They are trying to work with her pain, but she will not lose the weight or do her physical therapy that will also help. She put on an additional 25 pounds after these falls and that puts even more stress on her bad ankle and bad knees. She's already had 2 knee replacements and needs to have them redone, but the doc won't do it unless she loses at least 50 pounds. She also has a ruptured disk now in her lower back. She is one who cannot take pain at all.

More than anything, she is missing her hubby. He's been gone 2 years now.

That's hard. I hope that you're getting a break and some time for yourself.

They are trying to work with her pain, but she will not lose the weight or do her physical therapy that will also help. She put on an additional 25 pounds after these falls and that puts even more stress on her bad ankle and bad knees. She's already had 2 knee replacements and needs to have them redone, but the doc won't do it unless she loses at least 50 pounds. She also has a ruptured disk now in her lower back. She is one who cannot take pain at all.

More than anything, she is missing her hubby. He's been gone 2 years now.

Has she told her doctor she is suicidal? That is often the clue they need to increase palliative care.

Has she told her doctor she is suicidal? That is often the clue they need to increase palliative care.

She doesn't believe in talking about her troubles to the professionals. My daughter heard most of this and let hubby know. He will call the doctor on Monday. Luckily, MIL is not able to get to her meds on her own. I am now in charge of them (doctor's orders).

She is also like me and has such allergies and sensitivities to medicines or in her case, has built up such a resistance to them, that they don't always work.

She doesn't believe in talking about her troubles to the professionals. My daughter heard most of this and let hubby know. He will call the doctor on Monday. Luckily, MIL is not able to get to her meds on her own. I am now in charge of them (doctor's orders).

She is also like me and has such allergies and sensitivities to medicines or in her case, has built up such a resistance to them, that they don't always work.

Good. I'm glad that hubby is going to let the doctor know her frame of mind. I'm sure it will help him to do more to control her pain.

Excellent that she cannot get to her meds on her own. Suicidal ideation and access to the means is not a good situation.

Since you describe yourself as a cooking mom, have you considered giving some dinner parties? Lots of people would love to have a home-cooked meal and share their company with the cook. :hmm:

Since you describe yourself as a cooking mom, have you considered giving some dinner parties? Lots of people would love to have a home-cooked meal and share their company with the cook. :hmm:
Food post. In. :wave:

Well - can't afford to feed that many. While it's a good idea, not sure many would take advantage of it. Ah well, my culinary expertise will just be spent on my family.

I would come and bring a few dishes if I lived nearby. :D

Been there, done that. Go back to school and use the skills you have gained to help other kids who need it.

took what you said to heart will be going back and finishing my degree this fall going to become and advocate for the deaf and hard of hearing. am sick and tired of dumb people who have all the answers but who has never lived with thisIts time for the world to realize that deafness and hearing loss can be wonderful because they don't have to listen to all the ignorance that I am running into especially now with social security

took what you said to heart will be going back and finishing my degree this fall going to become and advocate for the deaf and hard of hearing. am sick and tired of dumb people who have all the answers but who has never lived with thisIts time for the world to realize that deafness and hearing loss can be wonderful because they don't have to listen to all the ignorance that I am running into especially now with social security

What was your prior education and where will you attend school?

Wow! That is absolutely wonderful!! I can tell you, you will bring a perspective and skills that no one else has! We need more people like you in the field. If there is anything I can do to help you, please let me know!

Last edited:

Way to go cookingmum!! :applause::applause:

Now I really got to get busy I attended Ohio university southern campus working towards a degree in hearing and speech will be attending shawnee state seeking a degree in deaf studies. Just found out today that my 6 year old grand daughter has sever hearing loss in both ears due to memngitist when she was 2 ain't that just wonderful i have been blessed with another HOH child

Back