Looking for VP

Em903

Premium Member
Reaction score
I need some help finding a good videophone to buy. I'm a hearing woman who is dating a deaf man. I want to communicate better with him. We have used AIM but it doesn't feel as good as to see his face, always understand what he means. He said he uses a Sorenson but I don't know what to buy. Opinions?

I need some help finding a good videophone to buy. I'm a hearing woman who is dating a deaf man. I want to communicate better with him. We have used AIM but it doesn't feel as good as to see his face, always understand what he means. He said he uses a Sorenson but I don't know what to buy. Opinions?
You may buy D-link i2eye videphone but use public ip address only to call Sorenson user.

You can use your computer's webcam to communicate with his Sorenson videophone.

Wow, never seen that before. Is the video relatively smooth? Tried once to show friend a sign on cam and it went horrible! Too slow normally. I will check this out.

Was looking at the i2eye. I have a giftcard for amazon and they have some on there.

Wow, never seen that before. Is the video relatively smooth? Tried once to show friend a sign on cam and it went horrible! Too slow normally. I will check this out.

Viable Vision s webcam is good quality. Do you have own webcam?

Viable Vision is the best computer based videophone software I have ever seen, it works smooothly, unless you have a very good webcam, such as Logittech QuickCam Pro 9000 - I used this software to chat with one other AD'er last night, it worked great.

Dynex brand name. Don't know anything else, it's a few years old. Now if I can manage to get my picture working on my profile, grr! :)

Time for a new webcam!

You should get this webcam -- Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000

img_36001_logitech_quickcam_9000.jpg

This webcam is the best product.

Time for a new webcam!

You should get this webcam -- Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000

img_36001_logitech_quickcam_9000.jpg

This webcam is the best product.

Found it online, does it work for computer tops that aren't thin like flat screen LCD? I have a bulky screen :) hehe

Dynex is not good for video. It s CMOS sensor to be slow scan. Logitech webcam is true CCD. CCD sensor is better video quality than CMOS sensor.

Of course! The webcam is compabile (sp?) with any screens :)

Dynex is not good for video. It s CMOS sensor to be slow scan. Logitech webcam is true CCD. CCD sensor is better video quality than CMOS sensor.

Lol, it was in budget range when I bought it. I want something to work well, whether it's a VP or some kind of thing like the webcam program website. I love signing with him but he's always so busy! Hard to catch for a date in person :)

Lol, it was in budget range when I bought it. I want something to work well, whether it's a VP or some kind of thing like the webcam program website. I love signing with him but he's always so busy! Hard to catch for a date in person :)

Viable Vision and Hovrs VideoSign recommend web cameras that have CCD sensors are Logitech Quickcam for Notebook Pro, Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000 or 5000 and Microsoft LifeCam VX-6000

Be sure to buy a video camera with a CCD sensor. CCD sensors are listed on the technical specifications on the box. They do not recommend purchasing a camera with CMOS sensors; this type of sensor may slow down your videoconference capabilities.

Back