Lives in danger as many seek refuge from extreme heat

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
Lives in danger as many seek refuge from extreme heat - CNN.com

It is getting hotter outside yesterday and today in here and our AC can't keep cool at designed temperature that I set because most AC is designed to work up to 95 degree, beyond to that, can't guaranteed if AC will keep it cool. :(

It's awful here too. Heat index is supposed to be well over 100 degrees for the next week at least.

it's going to be in the 90s this week here in ohio... so i'm going to probably be bringing a water bottle around town to keep me hydrated from the heat. It might be a good idea too! It hit up to the 100s last thursday. thursday the heat was unbearable. But i brought my own water bottle since my parents were very cautious about me and my sister from passing out from heat stroke. I will be going to camp next week so i hope it will be a little bit cooler, its suppose to drop down to the high 80s next week. But we'll see!

Lives in danger as many seek refuge from extreme heat - CNN.com

It is getting hotter outside yesterday and today in here and our AC can't keep cool at designed temperature that I set because most AC is designed to work up to 95 degree, beyond to that, can't guaranteed if AC will keep it cool. :(

Be grateful if you're not dealing with fires threatening your home on top of the oppressive heat....my sympathies to everyone dealing with the heat and no electricity.....animals included.

Be grateful if you're not dealing with fires threatening your home on top of the oppressive heat....my sympathies to everyone dealing with the heat and no electricity.....animals included.

Why are you start negative toward to me? Nothing is grateful to deal with heatwave.

Our area is still have great risk to wildfire, especially drought and excessive heat, also I live in the south with hotter temperature with high heat index.

The heatwave is still bad for me because I got dehydrated so easily, migraine, not enough urine, pain on side, constipation, dry mouth and sweating.

Why are you start negative toward to me? Nothing is grateful to deal with heatwave.

Our area is still have great risk to wildfire, especially drought and excessive heat, also I live in the south with hotter temperature with high heat index.

The heatwave is still bad for me because I got dehydrated so easily, migraine, not enough urine, pain on side, constipation, dry mouth and sweating.

You're being overly sensitive. In all cases, there's always someone worse off than you. I wasn't singling you out, just pointing out what I thought was obvious.....

I'm sorry that your AC isn't keeping you cool enough. What temperature is it in your house? Can you also use fans to supplement the AC?

I'm sorry that your AC isn't keeping you cool enough. What temperature is it in your house? Can you also use fans to supplement the AC?

Yesterday, it was 84 F in house, despite about AC set at 68 F.

Yup, I used fan at full speed but not relieved from annoying heat.

Today is much better and less heat now.

Yesterday, it was 84 F in house, despite about AC set at 68 F.
Wow! Setting at 68 is very low. That might have caused the unit to freeze up. Do you have window air or central air? Is it a heat pump? We have a heat pump, and it keeps our house very cool inside even though the outside temps are above 100 degrees and very humid.

Yup, I used fan at full speed but not relieved from annoying heat.
:(

Today is much better and less heat now.
:)

Wow! Setting at 68 is very low. That might have caused the unit to freeze up. Do you have window air or central air? Is it a heat pump? We have a heat pump, and it keeps our house very cool inside even though the outside temps are above 100 degrees and very humid.

:(

:)

Our house has central AC and heat pump included too.

Oh wow, it seems like our heat pump is too cheaper because the builder company paid for minimal cost. The heat pump at my parent house is great because my father found a right one.

I keep mine at 75. All times, and my house is "cool"....it was in the 100's here in Jax the past weekend and today was so hot!...It's said that when we have a very hot summer, then we should have a very mild winter...so I'd rather be Hot than Cold.

Our house has central AC and heat pump included too.

Oh wow, it seems like our heat pump is too cheaper because the builder company paid for minimal cost. The heat pump at my parent house is great because my father found a right one.

I wonder did u change new filter every after winter?

I wonder did u change new filter every after winter?

Good thinking!...We change our filter twice a month, whether it really needs it or not. Keeps the dust to a minimum when you have allergies and such....

Perhaps Foxrac needs to get some Freon in his Unit?....and change the filters often...keep the setting on 75 degrees and leave it alone.

Good thinking!...We change our filter twice a month, whether it really needs it or not. Keeps the dust to a minimum when you have allergies and such....

Perhaps Foxrac needs to get some Freon in his Unit?....and change the filters often...keep the setting on 75 degrees and leave it alone.

My uncle doesn't allow AC to be beyond 70 F because set 75 F trigger heating on our AC so I only could up to 70 F.

My uncle doesn't allow AC to be beyond 70 F because set 75 F trigger heating on our AC so I only could up to 70 F.
Something is definitely wrong with that AC unit. Either that, or your uncle has done something wacky to the thermostat settings.

I wonder how much temperature for the West Coast... I kinda of expect it would be more extreme than before... :(

Back