Linksys router it does will work with videophone?

What brand do you use router? for Videophone!

• I already bought linksys before but right now use d-link for vp!

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • do u use extra router mix brand? w/switch (linksys,D-link,SMC,Netgear,etc)

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I'am Using Router Linksys for vp

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'am Using Router D-link or Sorenson router for vp

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • I'am Using Router other brand with vp?

• I'am using Internet gateway to vp (w/o router)

• I'm using wireless linksys external adapter wireless (RJ-45 or USB) for vp

• I'm using D-link external adapter wireless (RJ-45 or USB) for vp

• I already have DVC-1100

• I already have DVC-2000

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not goin to argue, it all depends on which version!!! I know 4 sure!

I got both Linksys routers one with and one without cisco logo, the set up is same thing, the one with cisco won't let VP work!

My router do have Cisco logo.

If you got a newer Linksys to work consistently with VP then great! You're the first one I know of. If there are others it would be great to hear from them too.

I agreed!
I know only limited newer version of Linksys router will work with VP. Not all, unfortunately.

If you got a newer Linksys to work consistently with VP then great! You're the first one I know of. If there are others it would be great to hear from them too.

Final work!

Hi Gusy,

I download at www.dd-wrt.com/ it is call DD-WRT Fimeware quit Linksys's programmer,

I test VP-200 on Linksys WRT54GSv4 work Vp-200 no more blank screen!!!

DD-WRT support any Linksys model, D-Links, Netgar, more more
also lot of funcation indcule WOL, VLAN, Time,
I love DD-WRT!!!

also Linksys WRT54GS/G/GL V1 to V8 too

also DD-WRT more upgrade / update Nov 2007 for any model that I wait linksys's upgrade is very old

www.dd-wrt.com/

you not read message, I said I download fimeware from DD-WRT into WRT54GS but not from Linksys's program, DD-WRT's progams than Linksys's programs

see DD-WRT - Google Image Search
that no Logo Linksys

DD-WRT is lot of FAN website many than Linksys' programs. It don't have more infomation in website

i have linksys and it does work on my VP 200

huh ??? i am not relying to your post RHR sheesh
i am only relying for ME!!! that i USE linksys for my vp sighs

Fine, you are crying not work WRT54GS without DD-WRT program.
my linksys WRT54GSI with VP-200 work, I am happy but you don't want I help you on message, sorry, up to you, DD-WRT is freeware

huh ??? i am not relying to your post RHR sheesh
i am only relying for ME!!! that i USE linksys for my vp sighs

I use cable!
it should one major server ftp from sorenson.... i belive it!

For DSL... If no router can use PPPOE to ISP but depend ISP let in or block...
If DSL with router might set vp with fixed right?

If you use DSL modem with Linksys router, you have to set up thorugh router's setting

when you see basic setup you have to change "Automatic configuration" to "PPPoE" and you have to enter your DSL login information and it is easy to use and it will automatic to login and you don't have to worry for manual re-login and the router will do to get internet automatically.

Hi Gusy,

I download at www.dd-wrt.com/ it is call DD-WRT Fimeware quit Linksys's programmer,

I test VP-200 on Linksys WRT54GSv4 work Vp-200 no more blank screen!!!

DD-WRT support any Linksys model, D-Links, Netgar, more more
also lot of funcation indcule WOL, VLAN, Time,
I love DD-WRT!!!

also Linksys WRT54GS/G/GL V1 to V8 too

also DD-WRT more upgrade / update Nov 2007 for any model that I wait linksys's upgrade is very old

www.dd-wrt.com/

you miss 2 years old news.

If you use DSL modem with Linksys router, you have to set up thorugh router's setting

when you see basic setup you have to change "Automatic configuration" to "PPPoE" and you have to enter your DSL login information and it is easy to use and it will automatic to login and you don't have to worry for manual re-login and the router will do to get internet automatically.

I'm DSL user and don't need switch to PPPoE, I just changed the different bridge on DSL modem to get work without need settle on PPPoE.

hey, you must call CableTV Company first! becuase any cable-modem's MAC ID# and Serial # give to them, they will setup account becuase it is protect/security

if quit rent, and new box (don't open) bring to CableTV Company. say I don't want rent and my own, Custmer say okay, and setup account ISP then back home, open box, will work it

What your CableTV Company
but some cannot own, must rent
Time Warner "Road Runner" - must rent only from it
Adelphia HSI is no matter rent or own
Cox HSI is no matter rent or own (it is my ISP)

WOW, Castcom, other, I don't know which rent or own/rent

Comcast Cable --- you can rent the cable modem from Comcast Office OR you can buy your OWN cable modem from Wal-Mart, Best Buy, OfficeMax, Office Depot or your local retail store or order online and when you got new cable modem and you can call and activate your cable modem through your local cable company you can see your cable modem have MAC ID number and Serial Number and model number. when you give the information to the customer service to activate it. when you move out, you have to call deactivate the account. you can keep your cable modem until you move in new city and new cable company and you can activate the new account. if you move another location and if your cable company is same name you can update the account.

if you do not receive the TV or Cable modem signal and you have to call cable company to send techician for appointment to turn on from service panel on utility pole allow to send the signal to your home.

Some Rental Apartment or Property Owner Association (POA) give you complientary (Free) basic analog cable TV and you can get rent or own cable modem but you have to pay your own cable Internet bills and (sorry -little bit off topic) if you want premium channel or digital-tier channels and you will get rent converter box and you will be billed to your home.

Comcast do support DOCSIS 1.0 or above any brand modem

also if you have different cable company you have to check for DOCSIS compablity

you make sure your own cable modem have "CableLab Certified" with "DOCSIS and your cable company must have "CableLab Certified"

you will see wikipedia -- DOCSIS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CableLab - DOCSIS homepage: DOCSIS

Last edited:
I'm DSL user and don't need switch to PPPoE, I just changed the different bridge on DSL modem to get work without need settle on PPPoE.

Your modem have PPPoE for automatic login for username and password under set up

what kind your modem brand name?

I was BellSouth FastAccess green Acatel USB DSL modem 1999 to 2002 in Jacksonville, FL & St Augustine, FL -- I was manual PPPoE thorugh my Windows 98 or ME and I was move to North Palm Beach, FL and I was got BellSouth FastAccess DSL Ultra 3.0 MBPS Westell DSL modem with Ethanet port and it have built automatic PPPoE login from 2003 to 2005 and I was switch to Adelphia 2005 to 2007 then Comcast 2007 to Present also I was went help my former step-mother for set up new Westell DSL modem few months ago because She want "new AT&T former BellSouth" home phone, Cingular now AT&T cellphone, FastAccess Ultra 6.0Mbps combo for discount and She was quit Comcast High Speed Internet. I add automatic PPPoE login inthe westell modem setup page and I give my old Linksys WRT56GL router. the router use DHCP setting and does not need PPPoE setting in my Linksys WRT56GL.

Also My deaf friend live from Fort Lauderdale, FL He have AT&T (Bellsouth) FastAccess DSL 3.0 Westell DSL modem does not set up automatic PPPoE itself but He perfer to set up Linksys WRT300N to use automatic PPPoE login.

the linksys WRT300N have combo PPPoE and automatic DHCP settings.

I perfer to Westell modem have built-in automatic PPPoE login and Linksys use DHCP only.

Back