Lillys Bilateral activation

Yes, but actually, ALL children, hearing or deaf or CI'd, doesn't matter, ALL of them should be vaccinated against meningitis anyway. It can strike anyone, and children are more prone to them. So, your point is moot anyway. :roll:
Great point. My son became deaf as a result of menengitis. I agree that all kids regardless should be vaccinated from this deadly infection.

findings of a recent investigation by CDC, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and state health departments support this recommendation. Children aged <6 years with a cochlear implant had a substantially greater risk for having pneumococcal meningitis, compared with children in the general U.S. population of the same age

Girl Dies Of Bacterial Meningitis - News

findings of a recent investigation by CDC, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and state health departments support this recommendation. Children aged <6 years with a cochlear implant had a substantially greater risk for having pneumococcal meningitis, compared with children in the general U.S. population of the same age

This girl died because her parents neglected to have her vaccinated against meningitis. Their excuse? Their child's CI clinic was out of the vaccine. Oh please! They can go to ANY doctor to get the shot...most doctors have them, even children and family doctors! So, no excuse! It is the parents' fault!

NOT only CI kids must have vaccine but ALL students of ALL ages must be vaccinated upon entering school to prevent outbreak of meningitis of any kind.

In case u didnt know, all of the parents of CI children here in AD have taken sign language classes or learned sign language. The parents who wont learn sign language are not AD members here, unfortunately. They could learn a lot here.

Exactly! :ty:

THis is awesome! I am really happy to hear this.. I am too, starting to think about getting a Bi-lateral CI done. I have my right ear done, and now really contemplating on getting my left side done. It has done wonders for me - and I am really happy that it is really working out very well for you. Keep us posted on her status as time goes by!

Update! We went back for the 3rd audi session at the hospital. We have one more before her audi service is turned back over to her school. When we were looking into bilat CI, we were told to not expect too much of an increase in hearing in terms of a chartable increase. The benifit usually comes in terms of sound localization. I was told it would be an improvement in sound quality, not just sound.
Before I get into the results, I have to add that the audi has known Lilly since she was first diagnosed. SHe used to be an audi at Lillys school, now she works at the hospital. She was one of the audis that fitted Lilly for her ear molds, before she ever had her has. So she has a long history with Lilly and her hearing/tesing ability. At the end of the tests yesterday, we found out tha when Lilly has both CIs on, she is hearing some noises at 15 dbs! If any other audi told me this, I doubt I would easily believe this. But, due to the history between them and the hours they have spent together looking through the glass of a sound booth, I believe her.
I was in the booth when they were testing yesterday. So was my wife. When we were finished, There were three sounds that Lilly heard that I didnt, and there were three neither Lilly or I heard.
I was simply amazed yesterday.

Aperfecttrace, take your crap elsewhere. We are discussing the progress of my daughter. If you want to try to stir the pot or piss people off by stating your biased crap, please go elsewhere. F.Y.I., you ignorant ass, as others have said here, all of the CI parents that are regular contributers, use sign with our children. We are invarious stages mulitple communication levels with our children.
If you want to spew your militant crap, go elsewhere. All you are doing is showing others your level of ignorance.
FYI, while your post is correct, when quoting CDC stats. But, you must also take into consideration that there is a stistical link between deaf children and meningitis. Not just CI kids, all deaf kids. So when you start spitting out stats, you must take into account the overall stats of the situation. NOT just the stats that you want to expect as reality. Stats are an amazing thing. When you look at raw data, a biased, or self motivated individual can twist data in almost any manner they wish. It is quite obvious that you are an anti-audist, deaf militant. SO it is no suprise to me that you are selectivley using CDC stats in an attempt to force an agenda.
As said above, take your stats, your biased opinions, and all the rest of your crap, and go elsewhere. This thread was created by m, with the sole intent of informing others (who are interested in my daughters progress) in the strides my daughter has made since her left ear suffered a rapid, progressive hearing loss, making a hearing aid , no longer an option.
If you want to start shit, start another thread.

As they say: there are lies, damned lies and statistics, Aperfectrace.

If you cherry pick stats, they can support any pet causes you may support.

Congrats, Lilly and Lilly's dad. I am truly happy to know that the bi-lat is so successful for her.

WOW that is awesome hearing 15dB I am glad that everything is working the way it should!

Back