"Life Isnt About Money"

Is life about giving with no money?

• Yes, we all should give our lives to others without any monetary value attached.

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • No, we should give but also get some rewards for our hard work.

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • No opinion

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
I know it's extremely hard to snatch them because of poverty, but it's also extremely hard to prove that a parent who can't afford to keep their house in good condition (which result injuries on their children) as NOT being neglectful or doesn't have a mental illness.

They won't take them away, but they will harass the parents. Poverty just put you in a risk of being called the social service on.

Money can be bad I used to think money would make me happy. If only I had a little more my life would be great. I went to school for business now, working in office and finding out money can actually make you feel lonely. I'd rather be poor with someone I care about than be rich and be alone. Even aside from that I was happier poor, enjoying life's simple things. Trying to work my way back to that. Nothing worse than people only caring about how much you make, how you look etc...

so I saw this "sponsor the kids" commercial today... kinda sad that entire dogs & cats (house pets) in America are well-fed and vaccinated than entire African children.

oh well....

I feel that this person does not need to tell you that stuff. Apparently this person does not understand where you are coming from and your life with money. I highly respect any deaf teachers, like you that i know how hard teachers that involves mental and emotionals are which should be apprioporate salaries ( i know i could have said "nice salaries".) that is not related about teachers salaries but work hard that would make life easier in some way. That's your rights to express your feeling about how tight $$ is, with life.

FF, well said! :hug:

Thank you very much for saying this.

Personally I get tired of other people who have the luxury and the comfort to tell other people who don't have the same luxury/comfort to stop complaining about money.

Hubby and I live cheque by cheque. We go to the Food Bank every week and what money we have left, we tuck it away to the savings jar so we can allow ourselves to buy what we would like. For hubby - he loves games, I love to make jewellery.

I make jewellery and crafts to help our living costs. Hubby helps others with websites as well.

We have a "friend" who would come over to our place during her "global travels", she would stay over and eat without helping. She would brag about her overseas travelling; she's overseas now. Hubby and I fundraised money for her as she asked us if we could help. I was happy to help but I found out that the money I fundraised was used to support her lifestyle as a traveller when it was supposed to go to the children she was going to visit.

Oh I felt used and was upset. She asked to come over and stay again, I told her straightforward I can't afford to be a hostess again. I was asked to fundraise and I also told her straightforward I cannot do this because how can I help a person travel overseas when hubby and I barely live on a monthly cheque?

The moral of the story is.. of course I expected to get looked down on in the community but the opposite happened! A lot of people in similar situations came up to me and expressed their feelings to me that they wish "this person" uses her common sense in this economy.

Shel, sometimes you need to tell that person off; you haven't seen your family in such a long time. You have a right to worry about how to support your family. For a person to travel overseas & have money to tell you what to do is uncouth in my opinion.

Hang in there. :hug:

I was talking with my hubby about this quote. I totally agree with this quote "Money doesnt buy happiness" but disagree with the quote about "Life isnt about money." He agreed with me.

I guess everyone has a different perspective on what it means.

Interesting thread. :) Happy New Year's and I hope 2010 will bring everyone their wishes and dreams whether it is earning more money or not.

I believe that a nurse and a teacher have almost the same amount of salary. They have same good benefit.

The worst part if a boss gives you a piece of a cerfication paper that you worked hard which is worthless. The best part for anyone who has the award is to get a gift certification for free at some restauarants. It is even better than a real crap trophy. That should make a sense.

Money is what makes the world go round. Happiness is being able to pay my bills, secure a better life for my boys. I don't care for luxury, I care for comfort and security. :)

Amen to that. Living within your means, cutting back on discretionary spending until you can afford to do do that.......helps. Sometimes things get so tight that I flip things around.....but as long as things get paid, I'm happy. I just try to remind myself how worse off I could be if I'm not working hard to make sure we have a good life. My car is already at 140K miles.....and looks so beat up. At least she is a great car.......so I am thankful.

What to say to the person who said that, I'd quote Cheri or something close. It's rough on EVERYONE these days.

Thank YOU!!!

When that person told me that life isnt about money, I wanted to tell her to shut UP!

I had to stop payments to my 401K plan so I can have enough money for gas and food from each paycheck. Not what I envisioned while I was working my ass off in college to get that dream job. :roll:

You should had told that person if life is not all about money they should you give all their money!!

:whistle: Money money money MONNNEYYY..........MONEY

Good things good things good things GOOOOD THings now :whistle:

Back