"Life Isnt About Money"

Is life about giving with no money?

• Yes, we all should give our lives to others without any monetary value attached.

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • No, we should give but also get some rewards for our hard work.

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • No opinion

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
yes we all do have debt but a millionaire with debt CAN still live comfortably. People with 2 jobs can't. and people with shitty salary or hourly wage can't.

Dunno. In my family "making ends meet" means you're poor enough that you're living paycheque to paycheque just to pay for rent/mortgage and food. Working two jobs to play off debts like a new car, student loans and so on is "living beyond your means."

Dunno. In my family "making ends meet" means you're poor enough that you're living paycheque to paycheque just to pay for rent/mortgage and food. Working two jobs to play off debts like a new car, student loans and so on is "living beyond your means."

It didnt help when gas prices shot up to over 4 dollars a gallon. If I was single and in no debt, I still wouldnt be able to live on my own. That's how bad my salary is for this state. Something is wrong with this picture.

Wish I were a trust fund baby. ;) If I were, I would be happy working as a teacher's aide or supervisor at the dorm.

yea i keep wishing when it didnt happen. =X

So if someone says to you..

"Spend the rest of your life working two jobs just to put food and provide shelter" or "Spend the rest of your life working hard and getting rewarded for it with a nice vacation/extra money to fix up your house/or one luxury a year"

Which would you pick?

No lie..I would pick the latter.

it's such a nice carefree life to think what you think as a single person. :aw:

but... of course it's whole another world when you have mouths to feed and people depending on you... and the worst part of all is not being able to spend some time with them due to 2 jobs.

but... of course it's whole another world when you have mouths to feed and people depending on you... and the worst part of all is not being able to spend some time with them due to 2 jobs.

yes. or Overtime. I ve been working overtime a lot this past year. I still need to continue working overtime which i did not want to but i needed it.

Hence...

Might be singing a different tune if I got a kid and a girlfriend though.

Only said might because my parents didn't complain about lack of money because they had no debts their entire life, except for the mortgage, until my stepdad ran up a huge debt on the credit cards for his Amway project to become his "own boss." Oi. Stupid.

Money won't go away but the money could be improve someone's life. That depends on who is who. Money is for survival matters, imo.

So, no, I don't agree with "life is not about money".

ka-ching ka-ching! show me the money!

I dont mind workuing another job for money to fix up my house, for a vacation or a luxury. I am willing to work hard for that but work two jobs just to pay for electricity, gas, food, and all that all because electricity bill went up 50% and gas/food went up but my salary doesnt go up only go down is something that I am sure most people dont desire for their lives.

My ex neighbor is a single lady the same age as I am who used to live across the street from me. She lived with her parents for 10 years after graduating from high school to save money from working 2 jobs so she can buy a house on her own. Got the money, quit her 2nd job and bought her house. All on her own. She was so proud of herself. Well, a year and half ago, she got laid off but had unemployment...then BGE (Baltimore Gas and Electricity) hiked up their rates 50%, food went up, gas went up to almost $4 a gallon. All of sudden she was falling behind on payments on her house. After 6 months, she got her job back but the damage was far beyond repairing and she was still unable to live paycheck to paycheck meaning she would get paid, it would all go to the bills leaving no money leftover so she started using credit cards to pay for food, gas, and other basic needs. Two months ago, the bank repossed her house and she was forced to move out. Now, she is living with her parents very depressed and bitter. I am sure if someone told her "Life isnt about money" she would have slapped that person.

That quote "Life isnt about money" is BS, in my opinion.

BGE is killing me now since they hiked their rates to over 50%. Before, it was around $150 a month..now it is around $300 to $400 a month.

So if someone says to you..

"Spend the rest of your life working two jobs just to put food and provide shelter" or "Spend the rest of your life working hard and getting rewarded for it with a nice vacation/extra money to fix up your house/or one luxury a year"

Which would you pick?

No lie..I would pick the latter.

I would pick the other, I've worked two jobs before and I gonna tell you it made me miserable because I didn't have all the time in the world to spend with my boys and they've missed their mom.

I would pick the other, I've worked two jobs before and I gonna tell you it made me miserable because I didn't have all the time in the world to spend with my boys and they've missed their mom.

Right..so if someone told you "Life isnt about money" what would you say to that person?

Right..so if someone told you "Life isnt about money" what would you say to that person?

Money is what makes the world go round. Happiness is being able to pay my bills, secure a better life for my boys. I don't care for luxury, I care for comfort and security. :)

you wouldn't have electricity to play playstation if you didn't have a job or any money.

Called being a mooch off your parents (or government.) Did that for four months off of my mom and dad between semesters. They paid rent and food while I was living away from home for those months. Got sick of it.

It didnt help when gas prices shot up to over 4 dollars a gallon. If I was single and in no debt, I still wouldnt be able to live on my own. That's how bad my salary is for this state. Something is wrong with this picture.

I think the cost of living depend on two income to make it.. That is both husband and wife work ... or husband work two jobs .... or single person work two jobs.

I think it's wrong as they should base the cost of living on one income and that's it. Everything else should be luxury.

I think the cost of living depend on two income to make it.. That is both husband and wife work ... or husband work two jobs .... or single person work two jobs.

I think it's wrong as they should base the cost of living on one income and that's it. Everything else should be luxury.

One could argue that the two-income household is the reason WHY the cost of living went up when both spouses decided that they could gain more "luxuries" by having double income.

Larger income means cost of living goes up. Unfortunately, people always seem to think "ooh, more money, I can buy more things" only to find a year later that the cost of living matches their initial "increase."

Hopefully someday we will see a reverse. Because it's plain idiotic that because both spouses decided to work two jobs to save up for vacations and so on a decade and half ago, that now in 2000s, the "cost of living" matches the household income.

I used to dream of work. I go to work and come home and dream about it. how bad is that LOL (especially if the job is not all that fun).

I wake up and thought to myself, I think I'm working way too much.. I should be dreaming about friends and family

We have to remember that in the US, it is easy for our children to be taken away if we don't provide them shelter and food (it would be considered neglect) so that's why some people have to have two jobs just to make it.

It is exceedingly difficult to terminate a parent's rights to a child. The child protection agency goal is to preserve the family. A child may be removed temporarily to make appropriate arrangements for a child's safety and well being.

In the case of poverty, efforts are made to assist the family accessing resources (like free school lunches, WIC, food stamps and welfare). If a parent has a substance abuse problem, the parent may complete a rehab program and regain custody of children. The government does not take away children simply because their parents are poor.

Just because a parent lacks much money does not make her a bad parent. Parental rights are terminated when a child physically/sexually abused, there is severe medical neglect, or a parent cannot resolve her serious substance abuse/mental health issue.

Please don't spread misinformation about snatching children from poor homes.

Back