Let's Talk Alarm Clocks

ladysolitary85

Reaction score
What alarm clock do you have or that you've favored? I'm looking to find one with a bed shaker on it but not sure whats good and whats not.

1za1C.jpg

I liked to use this to wake up in college.
I hooked it up to three desk lamps that would shine directly into my face when it was time.

I'm not deaf or hoh but I wasn't able to use a sound-based alarm in college because it was causing me too much anxiety/fright.
Fortunately I sleep on my back, so there is no escaping the bright light when it goes on.

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

Sonic Alert Sonic Boom alarm clocks- best alarm clocks out there (I've had mind for almost 15year!)

Sonic Alert Sonic Boom alarm clocks- best alarm clocks out there (I've had mind for almost 15year!)

I use Sonic Alert too. God, I would HATE having a light shined in my face every morning. Can you imagine waking up like that?

Laura

See my problem is I sleep on my stomach because I snore sleeping in any other position. So I need movement.

I heard you CAN use the bed shaker under your pillow But it can fall off or whack your head.

See my problem is I sleep on my stomach because I snore sleeping in any other position. So I need movement.

I heard you CAN use the bed shaker under your pillow But it can fall off or whack your head.

I don't like it under the pillow, I just can't sleep. Sure you can use a safety pin to keep it there but it's a real pain. If you place the shaker under the mattress, towards the front where you're head is, it's just as effective.

Laura

My sonic alert shaker goes between the mattress & boxspring at about hip height ... Works great

I have the sonic boom sweat heart one, its great altho the strength of the vibration is not as good as the Shake n wake one, its okay for me as I found the Shake n wake on the weakest setting under my mattress to strong for me, woke me up with a heart attack Everytime. Sonic boom sweat heart one, doesn't give me a heart attack EVERYTIME.

Last edited:
I have the sonic boom sweat heart one, its great altho the strength of the vibration is not as good as the Shake n Awake one, its okay for me as I found the Shake n Awake on the weakest setting under my mattress to strong for me, woke me up with a heart attack Everytime. Sonic boom sweat heart one, doesn't give me a heart attack EVERYTIME.

:lol:

Way back in 1983, when I went into NTID, I got their alarm clock and vibrator, and you may be too young to remember this, but the vibrator is the same thing you found in those cheap, sleazy motels back in the '70's where you put a coin in the slot in order for the vibrator to run for a few minutes. Every single morning was a rude awakening for years, finally I got fed up and hooked up a desk lamp instead.

Yes, I still have the vibrator and clock, keeping them as conversational pieces.

Now I have the Sonic Boom SB1000 with the vibrator between the box spring and mattress. It is still a rude awakening no matter what. I usually get up before the alarm goes off anyway.

timer and light

I use the same timer as in the previous post and a 300 watt light. I often get up 15-30 minutes before it is supposed to turn on. These timers have a lot of slop in them so are going to take some playing with in order to turn on at the right time. If I am ever in a relationship again I will purchase a sonic boom clock with the outlet on it for a light. Easier to setup and change time.

The only problem I have with hooking the alarm up to the light is that I wake up wanting to smash the lamp against the wall...which would no doubt wake everyone up, including the neighbors....

Laura

I remember when I could hear more I had a alarm on my phone that would be like a siren.... that phone didn't last long lmao

I remember when I could hear more I had a alarm on my phone that would be like a siren.... that phone didn't last long lmao

I do have a vibrating alarm app on my phone, and I use it for almost everything.

Minimalist living.

I have the sonic boom sweat heart one, its great altho the strength of the vibration is not as good as the Shake n Awake one, its okay for me as I found the Shake n Awake on the weakest setting under my mattress to strong for me, woke me up with a heart attack Everytime. Sonic boom sweat heart one, doesn't give me a heart attack EVERYTIME.

oooooo I want to check out this Shake and Wake, maybe give my Sonic Boom to my son. I don't use the beep, without my aids in I can't hear it, I just use the bed shaker.....prob is I sleep like the dead. If I stay up too late I will sleep through the bed shaker for an hour.

oooooo I want to check out this Shake and Wake, maybe give my Sonic Boom to my son. I don't use the beep, without my aids in I can't hear it, I just use the bed shaker.....prob is I sleep like the dead. If I stay up too late I will sleep through the bed shaker for an hour.

The shake n wake is good. I mainly wanted a more girly one and it was slowly breaking anyway. Had it for about 8 years so did last well.

Shake n wake will wake the dead, way more then my sonic boom one.

I only use the vibrating pad as I can't hear the alarm.

They do say that the shake n awake volume goes up to 113db but I never tried it as it would scare my neighbours.

Last edited:
I use a bed shaker alarm that I've had since junior high (I should probably replace it).

I also use a SunAlarm clock which is supposed to "gently" wake you up by simulating a sunrise. It works better during the really dark mornings in winter.

I use a bed shaker alarm that I've had since junior high (I should probably replace it).

I also use a SunAlarm clock which is supposed to "gently" wake you up by simulating a sunrise. It works better during the really dark mornings in winter.

I have one of those sunrise alarms. Really like it but I found I didnt always wake up to it so had to have 2 alarms and I got fed up with having 2 alarms so ditched the sunrise alarm and now just have the vibrating alarm.

I just googled shake n wake.....I only saw ones you put on your arm, or you could put it in your pillow. I don't think I like the idea of wearing one, I think it would drive me crazy. My Sonic Boom works well, as long as I don't go to bed ridiculously late.

wake n shake alarm

I just googled shake n wake.....I only saw ones you put on your arm, or you could put it in your pillow. I don't think I like the idea of wearing one, I think it would drive me crazy. My Sonic Boom works well, as long as I don't go to bed ridiculously late.

It may only be available in the UK. Could try ebay?

Wake N Shake Alarm Clock

Back