Let's see if 70% is right...CI's only

Are you happy with your CI?

• Total voters
She should not. She could make an ASL video so we could see she means it maybe, but you are still in control.

Have to wait until she can really independently give her opinion without your influence.

Ok. I will. I will have it posted on my blog by the week end. I will ask her if she likes her CI and what she thinks of her hearing aid. I have asked her in the past, and she answered "My CI is my favorite. I can Hear, hear, hear with it." But I'm sure you see nothing but another "oral parent" trying to control deaf people...whatever :roll:

I voted for my daughter because she honestly expresses to me everyday that she loves her CI. She told me that it is better than her hearing aid and that she can "Hear Hear Hear" with it but with her aid she can only "(tiny sign) hear"

It's not that I don't believe you, It just your original post had stated to please not vote if you don't have a CI, if you would have said Parents of children with cochlear implant can have the opportunity to vote for their children, then others wouldn't have say anything to begin with. You know what I mean? ;)

It's not that I don't believe you, It just your original post had stated to please not vote if you don't have a CI, if you would have said Parents of children with cochlear implant can have the opportunity to vote for their children, then others wouldn't have say anything to begin with. You know what I mean? ;)

Actually, since someone above stated that I'm the one "in control" until she is old enough, I believe that yes, some people don't believe me.

I think it is very telling that she chose to vote no....not so "neutral" after all.

I voted for my daughter because she honestly expresses to me everyday that she loves her CI. She told me that it is better than her hearing aid and that she can "Hear Hear Hear" with it but with her aid she can only "(tiny sign) hear"

It was a joke...for fun for April Fool's. No need to analyze it. :roll:

U dont like it when people talk about u being another "oral" parent , well then u shouldnt make assumptions about other people too. Like Cheri said...two wrong dont make a right.

Mods: Since this is a big issue, pls remove my "no" vote. I thought it would be fun to be silly for April's Fool but guess not.

If faire_jour can speak on behalf of her daughter even though she (faire_jour) doesn't have a CI, shel can do the same since she doesn't have a CI either. :lol:

Actually, I wasnt thinking of that issue when I played this joke but u got a good point.

:lol:

Where are the CI users? Are they at hearing journey? Are they at CI circle? Are they anywhere else? My guess is they are not here! There use to be more CI users here. Thanks not an April Fool's Joke.

Where are the CI users? Are they at hearing journey? Are they at CI circle? Are they anywhere else? My guess is they are not here! There use to be more CI users here. Thanks not an April Fool's Joke.

Ok and???

Maybe most of AD's CI users still identify as deaf and that is why the ones we have stay here.

At overall, I voted no due dislike with noise and had re-mapped so numerous time, at least for old CI model.

I'm not involving in CI debate but just made post for voted no.

Does Sara has CI? I'm not surprised if she don't have CI and voted no.

At overall, I voted no due dislike with noise and had re-mapped so numerous time, at least for old CI model.

I'm not involving in CI debate but just made post for voted no.

Does Sara has CI? I'm not surprised if she don't have CI and voted no.

I'm glad that you admit that you don't like it. We probably do not know your history though, because it does factor.

Were you implanted at a young age? Or was it your decision?

If it was your decision, why did you decide to get implanted (if it's personal, don't comment on it, otherwise some people MAY attack you if you say, "just wanted to know what it was like")?

What's wrong with the noise? Was it too much hearing everything? Did you wear HA's before? It does factor if you wore hearing aids before and you got some benefit from it, you would know that the world is noisy. It seem like you were not exposed to a lot of noise, hence why CI may be too much.

Last question - I assume that you have Cochlear Nucleus system because you said, "old model". Did you know that the new processor, Freedom has really perfected their programs? It's now a LOT less sensitive to noise and stuff due to the sensitivity levels that can be adjusted from the user.

If you don't want to answer any of these, that's fine. I just want everyone to understand that CI is not for everyone, and for certain people they just don't want to wear it anymore for whatever reason. You're proof of that.

I'm glad that you admit that you don't like it. We probably do not know your history though, because it does factor.

Were you implanted at a young age? Or was it your decision?

If it was your decision, why did you decide to get implanted (if it's personal, don't comment on it, otherwise some people MAY attack you if you say, "just wanted to know what it was like")?

What's wrong with the noise? Was it too much hearing everything? Did you wear HA's before? It does factor if you wore hearing aids before and you got some benefit from it, you would know that the world is noisy. It seem like you were not exposed to a lot of noise, hence why CI may be too much.

Last question - I assume that you have Cochlear Nucleus system because you said, "old model". Did you know that the new processor, Freedom has really perfected their programs? It's now a LOT less sensitive to noise and stuff due to the sensitivity levels that can be adjusted from the user.

If you don't want to answer any of these, that's fine. I just want everyone to understand that CI is not for everyone, and for certain people they just don't want to wear it anymore for whatever reason. You're proof of that.

Yup, I had received CI in late 90's and it was my parent's decision.

When I wore HA and I can hear so very quite but not loud so enough and don't got any noise issue, after I received CI and I can hear so loud, it's really bad noise and very annoying then audiologist has re-mapped it to control on sensitivity, it was time when I'm child and don't understand about how CI mapping works.

I started stop to wear CI when I was in 9th grade due alot of students are make noise test that I could hear at middle school (like just try playing with noise) and I told them to stop or shut up but they refused. I just got deal with my parent and they let me to give it up and I know some students are became quite or speechless after gave up to wear CI because they had done with alot of bad thing on me.

For adult, they would have different opinion and consider wear CI isn't bad, just more important thing to say but some children are upset and hate it at earlier time, even their way will maybe change in future and re-consider wear CI isn't bad instead of call bad or terrible, otherwise I had noticed that when young child are start wear CI and they love it, not much bother to them.

My CI is Nucleus 22 and processor is Spectra 22.

Back