Let's see if 70% is right...CI's only

Are you happy with your CI?

• Total voters
I love my CIs! I'm hearing much better than I was 4 years ago and despite the nausea and dizziness I've experienced, I wouldn't trade them for the world! :D

What I read talked about people with high expectations that get let down. It doesn't mean that they aren't hearing well, just that they aren't hearing as well as they thought they should be, because of other people's experiences.

I agree. Many people who want to get the CI has the high expectation that they will hear everything on the first day. The speech discrimination is 100%, etc...after they realize how "horrible" it sounds...even if it takes a couple months (it took me about 8 months post op to find out that one of the electrodes were overstimulating my nerve, so it was turned off...since then, speech has been so much better!). CI is NOT a cure, NOT for everyone. It's just that simple.

You personally didn't have a CI so you shouldn't vote for your daughter.

I think she has the right to vote...she *knows* her daughter is very happy with her CI. She has repeatedly said how much better her daughter hears, how good her daughter is doing with the CI, etc etc. I would think that if faire-jour is "not sure" how her daughter feel about it, she would know. Mothers know. I do not think Miss Kat is putting on a "show" just to make Mom happy like some children do when they get CI.

Even without the vote of Faire Jour, the percentage is definitely over 70% now. Although it's still poor sampling. :) But that's just the math geek in me talking.

I'm sorry but I do have to agree with Buffalo, You said don't vote if you don't have a CI, but you voted for your daughter and she's not here to confirm that she's happy with her CI, You know? :)

She tells me every single day that she likes it. She asks for firstthing and the morning and leaves it on until the last second at night. She even says thank you to God in her prayers for her CI. If you ask her she says she likes her CI way more than her hearing aid. SHE told me, that is why I voted.

When I said that, I was referring to the number of deaf people I have encountered not the whole population.

Even without the vote of Faire Jour, the percentage is definitely over 70% now. Although it's still poor sampling. :) But that's just the math geek in me talking.

I agree.

In order to receive valid results, a larger, more comprehensive sample needs to be taken.

Aside from that, the creator of a study can tweak the results (conclusions) to pan out any way they wish based on how they phrase a question.

I agree.

In order to receive valid results, a larger, more comprehensive sample needs to be taken.

Aside from that, the creator of a study can tweak the results (conclusions) to pan out any way they wish based on how they phrase a question.

Plus at AD, most CI people are successful and happy with them and just want other CI users to talk to.

If faire_jour can speak on behalf of her daughter even though she (faire_jour) doesn't have a CI, shel can do the same since she doesn't have a CI either. :lol:

I asked her before I voted. I merely pressed the button. Why is that so offensive? She doesn't get a vote because she is only 5?

I asked her before I voted. I merely pressed the button. Why is that so offensive? She doesn't get a vote because she is only 5?

She should not. She could make an ASL video so we could see she means it maybe, but you are still in control.

Have to wait until she can really independently give her opinion without your influence.

You said that people who don't have CIs shouldn't vote. Since you don't have a CI, this is why some ADers were opposed to the fact that you voted in the poll.

Shel90 voted no? :hmm:

I think it is very telling that she chose to vote no....not so "neutral" after all.

I voted for my daughter because she honestly expresses to me everyday that she loves her CI. She told me that it is better than her hearing aid and that she can "Hear Hear Hear" with it but with her aid she can only "(tiny sign) hear"

Back