Legal Weed Sales

The downside of weed is that it stays in your system a while, up to three months. A lot of factories require an UA test after an injury on the job, and if you test positive, buh bye. The only reason I haven't smoked weed in years is simply because I work for the Feds now and they spring surprise UA tests on everyone. Shrugs.

Right, it is difficult to prove whether your high or not with weeds. With booze it is easier to prove using BAC.

I believe eventually there will be test available to determine whether one is high on dope or not.

And this is the reason why many people try harder drugs beyond Marijuana, to avoid being detected. MJ stays in body too long!

The downside of weed is that it stays in your system a while, up to three months. A lot of factories require an UA test after an injury on the job, and if you test positive, buh bye. The only reason I haven't smoked weed in years is simply because I work for the Feds now and they spring surprise UA tests on everyone. Shrugs.

The argument here still valid, weeds stays in your body much much longer than booze, EVEN long after stopped being high.

Human body breaks down alcohol much faster than THC, THC is technically oil based, which attracts fats and stay in fat for long time (as long as 3 months) while alcohol don't attract fat and leaves body within just hours.

Yeah I agree. The employer should not fire a worker for smoking pot at home. Same thing with drinking at home as long as the employer is not smoking/drinking on the job. But that is if the pot is legal. If it's illegal then that argument is useless.

Once it becomes legal then pot and booze should have equal rules.

I found more info about it. It said an employer can fire an employee for smoking pot because it follows federal laws which means it's not required to follow state laws. WTF? So people who buy pot there including who buy medical pot have to be careful since they can be fired if they are required to take a drug test by their employers and test found positive. I heard Home Depot is one of the strictest employers. However, I predict the federal law on pot will be changed in the future so it will have the same law as booze.

7NEWS - Legal or not, you could get fired for smoking pot - Local Story

Right, it is difficult to prove whether your high or not with weeds. With booze it is easier to prove using BAC.

I believe eventually there will be test available to determine whether one is high on dope or not.

And this is the reason why many people try harder drugs beyond Marijuana, to avoid being detected. MJ stays in body too long!
From CNN's article;

A motorist in Colorado can be ticketed for impaired driving if his or her blood shows more than 5 nanograms of active THC, the active constituent of marijuana, NORML says on its website.

So there is already a test available for it.

Ok, here is an example

You smoke a joint and your friend joe drank few shots of vodka at this moment. Three days later both of you have not touch these dope (Alcohol is considered dope, don't forget that) and both of you take that test three days later, YOU will be caught with positive, while Joe shows negative. Get my drift?

Right now, I am not too worried about drug test. This is the last on priority, priority is legalize weeds. Once they are legalize, it makes easier for anyone to figure out how to test for THC and come up with effective method of test. Right now there is no solid document on how to determine whether one is high or not, that is because Federal have banned such test for 77 years, so no test, so no idea how to properly recognize whether one is high or not at that moment.

From CNN's article;

So there is already a test available for it.

Very interesting, that's totally messed up, now that it's legal there they shouldn't be testing for for drug screenings, it should be treating just like alcohol. If you're hurt on the job, they can test for it, if they have reasonable suspicion you're high AT work, they can test for it. This is so bogus.

If your boss see you drunk so you will be fired.

He knows, youre not understanding his point. Booze is legal, you can't be fired for drinking a beer at home, but you be fired fir drinking on the job. Pot should be the same, if it's legal they shouldn't be able to fire you for doing it home, smoke on the job yes you can be fired, but at home?? If it's legal that duesnt make sense.

Right, the problem is to prove one that is not drunk is very easy, but it is much harder to prove that one is not high even if one smokes a joint 3 days ago.

Right now, I rather focus on getting weeds legal, then worry about how to test later.

I find interesting that US government started regulation on drug back in 1820's! During 1930's society viewed weeds as "Poison". Hmmm

He knows, youre not understanding his point. Booze is legal, you can't be fired for drinking a beer at home, but you be fired fir drinking on the job. Pot should be the same, if it's legal they shouldn't be able to fire you for doing it home, smoke on the job yes you can be fired, but at home?? If it's legal that duesnt make sense.

Right, the problem is to prove one that is not drunk is very easy, but it is much harder to prove that one is not high even if one smokes a joint 3 days ago.

Right now, I rather focus on getting weeds legal, then worry about how to test later.

I find interesting that US government started regulation on drug back in 1820's! During 1930's society viewed weeds as "Poison". Hmmm

But CP already posted that they have a test fir active THC, it's what they would use if you got pulled over and they thought you were driving stoned. If it's legal they should just drop marijuana from the drug screening process, still test for opiates, cocaine etc etc. and use that same test they use for driving as they do for pot if your injured on the job or they suspect your high, just like they do for booze. Clearly they'd have to change the law, but they have no grounds for it being keeping you from being hired or for it to be a firable offense. They obviously have some more legislation to work out.

If someone does the actual drinking at home prior to work but shows up to work under the influence, then that worker could be fired. The drinking doesn't have to be done during working hours or at the work place.

There are other activities that are legal but still not acceptable in the work place. It depends on the employer's restrictions.

The pot takes long time to get out of system, so alcohol can get out of system so fast - see DHB explain about why alcohol got out of system faster than smoking pot.

If you are heavy drinker so you can be drunk in the morning and drink a lot of alcohol take very long time to get out of system - like a lot of Jack Daniels over one night.

If someone does the actual drinking at home prior to work but shows up to work under the influence, then that worker could be fired. The drinking doesn't have to be done during working hours or at the work place.

There are other activities that are legal but still not acceptable in the work place. It depends on the employer's restrictions.

That's correct, that what I means.

The pot takes long time to get out of system, so alcohol can get out of system so fast - see DHB explain about why alcohol got out of system faster than smoking pot.

If you are heavy drinker so you can be drunk in the morning and drink a lot of alcohol take very long time to get out of system - like a lot of Jack Daniels over one night.

I know, you're still not understanding though.

There is a test they do for if someone is driving, then can measure the active THC, how else are they going to test someone for driving under the influence if pot? Considering yes it stays in your system a long time, btw a urine test will only show usage in the last month or so, only a hair follicle test will go back 3 months.....anyway the same test used for driving could be used for work purposes, same as a BAC.....why do I feel like in speaking another language?? I already explained this.

About a year ago, a family sued defendant for killing their loved one in fatal car accident. Defendant did show positive with THC and other drug. This case was thrown out, know why?

Because of the fact that THC affect each person so differently, there is no way to measure how much really impair the driving skill. The DA couldn't come up with formula just like BAC for drunk driving. There was no threshold in the law with THC content.

There are already documented test where one got high on THC successfully passed driving road test, far far better than those who got drunk.

So I believe eventually we will come to point where threshold could be accepted and standardize.

This is part why government don't want to legalize weeds in the first place.

There is a test they do for if someone is driving, then can measure the active THC, how else are they going to test someone for driving under the influence if pot? Considering yes it stays in your system a long time, btw a urine test will only show usage in the last month or so, only a hair follicle test will go back 3 months.....anyway the same test used for driving could be used for work purposes, same as a BAC.....why do I feel like in speaking another language?? I already explained this.

Marijuana is illegal under federal law and booze is not, so that why is big difference.

yeah......... well i'm rollin a giant fatty to remember ol gally right now............

Yeah I agree. The employer should not fire a worker for smoking pot at home. Same thing with drinking at home as long as the employer is not smoking/drinking on the job. But that is if the pot is legal. If it's illegal then that argument is useless.

Once it becomes legal then pot and booze should have equal rules.
I think alcohol is more dangerous then medical smoke. Booze also does not stay in your system as long as smoke. I could literally smoke a little a month ago and in a blood test it would likely still come up positive. I'm writing about "clean" pot. Therein lies the problem.

Quick story: Prudential did drug testing. I really don't remember what it was for because I stayed away from it in those five years. If you have a brain, you don't do cocaine when a drug test is coming up. One ostensibly smart project manager with an obvious addiction problem did coke, had the test and was removed from the building. Stupid is as stupid does...

Back