Last Movie You Watched?

Real Steel, BORING BORING BORING

Breaking Dawn
Anonymous (2011)
Freestyle: The Art of Rhyme (2000)
Beats Rhymes & Life: The Travels Of A Tribe Called Quest (2011)

Likely catch up on a few movies tomorrow also

dont tell mom the babysitter is dead - watched this with my niece earlier
and tonight i finally got around to watching batteries not included.

'Two for the Seesaw' it was TV on a station called 'This' and they do not have CC on any thing!GRR ! I never saw the movie before and I had a hard time understanding everything being said. I hate it when there are no CC!!

Wow, it has been years since I watched both.

I've had Babysitter on DVD for awhile but just recently blind purchased Batteries. Batteries Not Included has its moments but Babysitter is a personal fav. The actor who plays Kenny also appears in Adventures of Babysitting, another personal favorite.

I've had Babysitter on DVD for awhile but just recently blind purchased Batteries. Batteries Not Included has its moments but Babysitter is a personal fav. The actor who plays Kenny also appears in Adventures of Babysitting, another personal favorite.

I have all of these on DVDs.

This weekend:
Take Shelter - Possible the best psychology thriller in years. Phenomenal acting
Footloose (Remake) While predictable, it's surprisingly enjoyable. I was really convinced Id hate this. Totally wrong
Wasted Youth - Greek film. Based on true events. Overall it's not anything amazing. Sorta reminded me of Larry Clark's KIDS at times but not nearly as sexually explicit and seems to have more down-to-earth characters.
Martha Marcy May Marlene - Introducing Elizabeth Olsen, younger sister to Ashley and Mary Kate. She's definitely an actress to watch out for during 2012. I wouldn't be surprised to see her capture an Oscar or Academy Award within the next 3 years.
Mystic Pizza - I'm not for sure why I've waited this long to watch this little gem. It's perfect.
The Skin I Live In - Fucking brilliant. Banderas is a beast here. Hands down his best work.
Little Johnny the Movie - Australian motion comic/cartoon. Vulgar stuff but with a few (and ONLY a few) laughs
Our Idiot Brother - LOVE the cast and Im familiar wt the directors earlier work so its only natural, this film warmed my heart

May try to squeeze in another movie but we'll see.

Last edited:
Hubby and I and a friend went to see "The Artist" tonight. LOVED it. You may know it's almost a silent movie. There is a sound track with music and certain sound effects, but other than that, no dialogue until the very end.

Plus - Botts and dogmom and other dog lovers please note - there is an absolutely charming and wonderful Jack Russell Terrier in it. Adorable dog; he added so much to the character and to the film as a whole.

The sets and costumes were superb, and the lighting of the film was very true to the style of the 1920's and early 1930 movies that it was imitating.

The actor who played the lead role has a sort of Clark Gable kind of charm to him.

Just a great film, and so nice to be able to enjoy an entire movie without worrying about missing some of the dialogue, since there isn't any!

I highly recommend it.

Hubby and I and a friend went to see "The Artist" tonight. LOVED it. You may know it's almost a silent movie. There is a sound track with music and certain sound effects, but other than that, no dialogue until the very end.

Plus - Botts and dogmom and other dog lovers please note - there is an absolutely charming and wonderful Jack Russell Terrier in it. Adorable dog; he added so much to the character and to the film as a whole.

The sets and costumes were superb, and the lighting of the film was very true to the style of the 1920's and early 1930 movies that it was imitating.

The actor who played the lead role has a sort of Clark Gable kind of charm to him.

Just a great film, and so nice to be able to enjoy an entire movie without worrying about missing some of the dialogue, since there isn't any!

I highly recommend it.

Same here, I saw it a while ago. I loved it. The actor you're referring to, his name is Jean Dujardin. He's a famous actor in France.

Maybe this will make him famous here! He was great. So expressive, and again, just so charming, in the best sense of the word.

I loved the sets. They were so well-done. The elegant home of "Peppy Miller" at the end is to die for. Just picture-perfect 1930's style. I lust after that chandelier! (Although it would look pretty strange in my modest suburban home...)

dont tell mom the babysitter is dead - watched this with my niece earlier
and tonight i finally got around to watching batteries not included.
Whoa... I was just thinking about those movies a few months ago.

Those were good movies. I think I'll rent them again. :)

Back